PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Richard Mann

stillers4me
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
“He’s a Quip.” If you’re from Western Pennsylvania, you probably love football, and if you love Western Pennsylvania football, you understand what it means to be a Quip.

Officially, they’re known as the Aliquippa Fighting Quips, and over the years they have combined for 700 victories, 15 WPIAL (Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League) championships, and two PIAA State Championships – which is deceiving because the Commonwealth only started playing those in 1986.

Mike Ditka knows what it means to be a Quip. So does Ty Law. Sean Gilbert and Darelle Revis, too. Jonathan Baldwin and Tommie Campbell are part of the younger generation. But Richard Mann? He’s old-school. Played on the Quips’ 1964 WPIAL Championship team. Coached there from 1970-74. Being a Quip is part of who Richard Mann is, and that is a compliment.

Richard Mann also is the Steelers new wide receivers coach, and he comes here with 28 years of NFL coaching experience, most recently with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 2002-09. In 2009, Mann also served as the Buccaneers’ assistant head coach. Mann and Mike Tomlin were both Buccaneers assistants when the franchise won its only Super Bowl, after the 2002 season.

Shortly after being hired by the Steelers, Mann took some time to discuss a range of topics........

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Introducing-Richard-Mann/f07740ab-46c1-4b61-93c8-73970866ea8e

Godfather
03-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Officially, they’re known as the Aliquippa Fighting Quips, and over the years they have combined for 700 victories, 15 WPIAL (Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League) championships, and two PIAA State Championships – which is deceiving because the Commonwealth only started playing those in 1986.

Not quite accurate. They might have stopped and started again, but Wilkinsburg won the state championship in 1922.

Count Steeler
03-25-2013, 09:21 PM
I was wondering who would replace Montgomerie. Welcome aboard Richard.

GBMelBlount
03-25-2013, 09:37 PM
“He’s a Quip.” If you’re from Western Pennsylvania, you probably love football, and if you love Western Pennsylvania football, you understand what it means to be a Quip.

Mike Ditka knows what it means to be a Quip. So does Ty Law. Sean Gilbert and Darelle Revis, too. Jonathan Baldwin and Tommie Campbell are part of the younger generation. But Richard Mann? He’s old-school. Played on the Quips’ 1964 WPIAL Championship team. Coached there from 1970-74. Being a Quip is part of who Richard Mann is, and that is a compliment.

Richard Mann also is the Steelers new wide receivers coach, and he comes here with 28 years of NFL coaching experience, most recently with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 2002-09. In 2009, Mann also served as the Buccaneers’ assistant head coach. Mann and Mike Tomlin were both Buccaneers assistants when the franchise won its only Super Bowl, after the 2002 season.

Shortly after being hired by the Steelers, Mann took some time to discuss a range of topics........

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Introducing-Richard-Mann/f07740ab-46c1-4b61-93c8-73970866ea8e

This should be a good fit because last year our receivers played like the receivers from 50 years ago.

Good luck Mr. Mann.

Steeldude
03-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Is this a good coach signing or another buddy-signing? Hope all works out

SteelerFanInStl
03-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Is this a good coach signing or another buddy-signing? Hope all works out

I have my doubts but I'll withhold my judgement until I see some results.