PDA

View Full Version : From Kevin Colbert at the NFL owners meeting...

stillers4me
03-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers‏@steelers
"If there is a player available in free agency, then we have to look at him" Kevin Colbert from AZ, NFL Owners Meetings

Bob Labriola‏@BobLabriola
Colbert also says team hasn't ruled out possibility of bringing CBatch back, even w/ Gradkowski signing.

- - - Updated - - -

Rich Walsh‏@RichieWalsh

Colbert also told me the Steelers are in position to match an offer for Emmanuel Sanders if they choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Bob Labriola‏@BobLabriola (Labriola‏@BobLabriola)
GM Kevin Colbert says Steelers haven't gotten an offer sheet from NE for Sanders. That means Sanders hasn't signed anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Kevin Colbert on losing Wallace, Mendenhall, Lewis in free agency: "We'll see. You can argue we lost persons from an 8-8 team."

- - - Updated - - -

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Colbert on signing Bruce Gradkowski: "He's young.. He still has some productive years. We were trying to get backup who knows our division."

stillers4me
03-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac (Dulac‏@gerrydulac)
Colbert says haven't received any official notice that E Sanders has signed offer sheet w NE. Pats have until week before draft to sign RFA

stillers4me
03-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Colbert on if #Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash) need feature RB to replace 34: "We need more production out of RB position than we got last year."

- - - Updated - - -

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
TE Matt Spaeth will be at Steelers Monday for physical and sign 2 year deal. Still isn't signed despite reports.

Dwinsgames
03-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Colbert on if #Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash) need feature RB to replace 34: "We need more production out of RB position than we got last year."

- - - Updated - - -

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
TE Matt Spaeth will be at Steelers Monday for physical and sign 2 year deal. Still isn't signed despite reports.

lets HOPE he fails the physical

NCSteeler
03-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Sounds like talk to fill a void in the silence. Saying you signed a qb because he knows your division is just crap. Arguing that Wallace and Lewis loses are ok because they were part of an 8 -8 team is just as much crap. I'd prefer the real story to sound bites. Btw, I'm not upset with the moves other than Lewis.

Shoes
03-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac[/U]Kevin Colbert on losing Wallace, Mendenhall, Lewis in free agency: "We'll see. You can argue we lost persons from an 8-8 team.

How about the 8-8 coaches who are still there?

stillers4me
03-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Tomlin on Jason Worilds - I believe he is chomping at the bit to show people what he can do.

Shoes
03-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Tomlin on Jason Worilds - I believe he is chomping at the bit to show people what he can do.

:toofunny: :toofunny:

Psycho Ward 86
03-17-2013, 04:09 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny:

lol i wanna laugh too but i hope he is. he's going to be such an important part of the defense next season, and he hasnt shown us what he can do yet while healthy AND experienced

salamander
03-17-2013, 04:12 PM
At this point I'm just going to wait until the season actually starts. I'm not ready to jump ship and be all doom and gloom like a lot of people seem to be doing already.

blackngldblood
03-17-2013, 04:17 PM
lol i wanna laugh too but i hope he is. he's going to be such an important part of the defense next season, and he hasnt shown us what he can do yet while healthy AND experienced

You know who seems to really be chomping at the bit? Adrian Robinson. Look at his twitter account. Dude seems like he is fired up and ready to go!

On the day Harrison was cut. From twitter. "Morning world it's one of those dayz you want this shit more then ever... This maybe my only chance at greatness can't waste it"

stillers4me
03-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Tomlin on need to find starters, not backups, in FA: "We deal in world of realism. We have constraints w cap that limit those thoughts."

Shoes
03-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Tomlin on need to find starters, not backups, in FA: "We deal in world of realism. We have constraints w cap that limit those thoughts."

Well Mike, in that case I hope you did some real soul searching this off season.

Shoes
03-17-2013, 04:32 PM

Exactly....I surely hope does too..... I just don't think I can listen to another year of Tomlin sound bites.

stillers4me
03-17-2013, 05:06 PM
On a side note from the owners meeting:

P. Schrager‏@PSchrags
If you're wondering, @priscocbs (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/PriscoCBS) was the first writer to ask John Fox about his fax machine in the Biltmore lobby. Fox shook his head

:lol:

ALLD
03-17-2013, 08:19 PM
The Pens have a better shot this season to win a cup more so than the Steelers.