PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: Emmanuel Sanders to Visit the Patriots

Spike
03-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Steelers RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders visiting Patriots today. Pats could sign him to offer sheet that cap-strapped Steelers struggle to match.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/312592585292148736

oh crap

we gave Sanders a $1.3M RFA tender last week - if he signs an offer sheet with the Pats and we didn't match it we'd get a 3rd rd pick

salamander
03-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Well shit... that really effing sucks.

X-Terminator
03-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Like rats off the Titanic...

Dwinsgames
03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Well shit... that really effing sucks.

I said early in the thread where we offered tenders ....

this could come back to bite us in the ass ....

Sanders at the very least is deserving of a 2nd round tender , based on our WR situation I would have given him a 1st round tender ... if he is not worth 2 mill a year he is not worthy to start is my line of thinking .... now we could wind up with a late 3rd round selection

vader29
03-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Dang, will we need to talk Hines Ward into coming back? Limas Sweed?

86WARD
03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Lol...so much for having two #2 receivers. I'd give a third for Sanders all day...

If Sanders leaves you got a 2,4,5 as your 1,2,3...

salamander
03-15-2013, 11:46 AM
If he does leave, the Steelers better have one hell of a draft. We have a lot of voids to fill.

FAB802
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
So much for five wide....

X-Terminator
03-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Really, what you are seeing here is the Steelers' cap mismanagement chickens coming home to roost. They had too much money tied up into too many old players, and now they are losing promising young players as well as having to cut some serviceable players. It's going to be a long season in Pittsburgh this year, and I hope the fans are ready to accept another rebuild after so many years of success.

Austin87
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Wtf, we just can't lose another young player.

86WARD
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
If tge Patriots want him and he wants ti go, it'll be easy for Patriots to front-load a contract offer that the steelers will have trouble matching. A front loaded long-term deal as opposed to a one-year third round tender deal? No brainer for Sanders.

Psycho Ward 86
03-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Really, what you are seeing here is the Steelers' cap mismanagement chickens coming home to roost. They had too much money tied up into too many old players, and now they are losing promising young players as well as having to cut some serviceable players.

yup. kept pointing it out but most people keep denying reality.

people kept taking our receiver depth for granted when we had the young money crew together. hows that working out..

86WARD
03-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Yep...reality is catching up and catching up fast.

Shotty drafting, paying guys too much money too early, holding on to old guys too long...it's all coming together nicely for the rest of the league...

But hey, fuck Mike Wallace, fuck James Harrison and don't forget if the ball bounces the right way last year, the Steelers have a much better record...lol.

steelreserve
03-15-2013, 12:13 PM
That sucks, but serviceable #2 and #3 receivers are a dime a dozen. We can be reasonably sure of replacing Sanders if we have to.

Also, it was really, really stupid of us not to offer him the first-round RFA tender. That's still a bargain price for someone you're counting on to be an important contributor, and no one would touch him for a first.

Ironic that this would happen after I thought Wallace to the Patriots was going to be our knife in the back this offseason.

Hindes204
03-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Fuck

Psycho Ward 86
03-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Yep...reality is catching up and catching up fast.

Shotty drafting, paying guys too much money too early, holding on to old guys too long...it's all coming together nicely for the rest of the league...

But hey, fuck Mike Wallace, fuck James Harrison and don't forget if the ball bounces the right way last year, the Steelers have a much better record...lol.

oh gosh stop being so realistic and negative. theres too much of that on this board :chuckle:

That sucks, but serviceable #2 and #3 receivers are a dime a dozen. We can be reasonably sure of replacing Sanders if we have to.

you cant be serious. last time i checked BEN carries this offense and he needs some god damn firepower now that wallace is gone, heath is unlikely to be with us for a long portion of the season, and our backs have proven consistently untrustworthy.

Who exactly are team's supposed to be terrified of on our offense besides Ben and Brown? cotchery and plax. LOL

steelreserve
03-15-2013, 12:25 PM
You know, if we really want to keep him and we're smart, we'd at least offer him some kind of longer-term deal right away, before the Patriots can put together a poison-pill deal that would essentially end negotiations and force our hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're still allowed to work on long-term deals with our own RFAs, and if we got our offer in first, we could work from that as the starting point rather than being boxed in to a rigid 1-for-1 "take it or leave it" situation. At least I think that's possible; maybe I'm missing something.

Spike
03-15-2013, 12:28 PM
I'll tell you what really screwed us with him, that stupid 3 year rookie contract

Dwinsgames
03-15-2013, 12:31 PM
we better pray Plax has more left in the tank than anyone has anticipated

steelreserve
03-15-2013, 12:32 PM
you cant be serious. last time i checked BEN carries this offense and he needs some god damn firepower now that wallace is gone, heath is unlikely to be with us for a long portion of the season, and our backs have proven consistently untrustworthy.

Who exactly are team's supposed to be terrified of on our offense besides Ben and Brown? cotchery and plax. LOL

Dead serious. Obviously an impact #2 WR would have to be someone who's not on the team right now, but that was my point. WRs are easier to find than most positions. With the exception of the one unlucky bust (Sweed), we've done an excellent job finding good WRs in the draft who can contribute right away. In Haley's offense we're not looking for a first-team All-American with 4.3 speed, just someone with decent hands who can get open, which there are a lot of. It sucks that this would probably make us waste a pick, though.

Mojouw
03-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Here is an off the wall idea (not sure if it really belongs in this thread or not) but assuming that Sanders leaves, what about throwing a totally incentive heavy deal Titus Young's way. I am fully aware of how bat shit insane he has demonstrated himself to be, but they kid is talented. If his head ever got screwed on straight he could be a true weapon on offense. LIkely a terrible idea, but if the contract was structured right, it could be a low risk high/reward type of gamble...my favorite kind.

Dwinsgames
03-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Here is an off the wall idea (not sure if it really belongs in this thread or not) but assuming that Sanders leaves, what about throwing a totally incentive heavy deal Titus Young's way. I am fully aware of how bat shit insane he has demonstrated himself to be, but they kid is talented. If his head ever got screwed on straight he could be a true weapon on offense. LIkely a terrible idea, but if the contract was structured right, it could be a low risk high/reward type of gamble...my favorite kind.

lol the Andre " Bad Moon " Rison , Clause used by the Packers

pepsyman1
03-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Time to call T.O. (for vet minimum)! LOL. :lol::lol:

Seven
03-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Manny is probably better than any receiver the Patriots have on the roster right now. I think he's better than LLoyd and Amendola. That said, losing him wouldn't be the absolute end of the world. It would definitely suck on the surface but I'll hold off on the doom and gloom. With Ben and a younger offensive line that should only improve this season I'm not terribly worried about the offense. The pass rush is what I'm worried about. If we can parly one of these departing free agents into a young pass rusher I'm all for it.

Spike
03-15-2013, 12:58 PM
some juicy bits here

Steelers receiver Emmanuel Sanders visiting New England

If the Patriots sign him to an offer sheet and the Steelers don't choose to match it, the Steelers would receive New England's third-round draft choice in April's draft (91st overall) as compensation.

NFL organizations don't normally make it common practice to target restricted free agents because of the high price tag of a new deal coupled with forfeiting a draft pick, the Patriots could present a contract to Sanders in way that the salary cap-tight Steelers couldn't match.

The Steelers are approximately $3 million under the $123 million salary cap. They will pick up another $5.5 million in cap space June 1 because of the release of guard Willie Colon earlier in the week but that money is likely being designated to sign their draft picks.

It's unlikely the Patriots would be willing give up a draft pick for Sanders because they have only five picks this year.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3668206-74/steelers-sanders-draft#axzz2NEp9xLsr

86WARD
03-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Dead serious. Obviously an impact #2 WR would have to be someone who's not on the team right now, but that was my point. WRs are easier to find than most positions. With the exception of the one unlucky bust (Sweed), we've done an excellent job finding good WRs in the draft who can contribute right away. In Haley's offense we're not looking for a first-team All-American with 4.3 speed, just someone with decent hands who can get open, which there are a lot of. It sucks that this would probably make us waste a pick, though.

The Steelers have an impact #2 receiver on the roster. His name is Antonio Brown.

SteelMember
03-15-2013, 01:11 PM
It's unlikely the Patriots would be willing give up a draft pick for Sanders because they have only five picks this year.

That's hard to believe when they are historically parlaying for multiple picks. Seems like they always have 4 picks between rounds 2 and 3.

Obviously, I'd hate to see young talent leave, but this is who we are.

fansince'76
03-15-2013, 01:18 PM

Wait a minute - I thought Belichick was a draft genius and that they have 800 bajillion picks!

silver & black
03-15-2013, 01:19 PM
I hear DHB is available. :chuckle:

fansince'76
03-15-2013, 01:25 PM
oh gosh stop being so realistic and negative. theres too much of that on this board :chuckle:

Personally, I can handle a couple of down seasons. I've done it before. From my experience, it will be the so-called "realists" who will be knee-jerking and calling for everybody's head on a stick, half the players on the team to be cut, etc. For everybody who thinks this roster is so bereft of talent, check this (http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/roster/1986) out, and please regain some perspective.

vader29
03-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Is it possible the Steelers aren't happy with Sanders and only put a 3rd round tender on him because they want someone to take him?

SteelMember
03-15-2013, 01:45 PM
For everybody who thinks this roster is so bereft of talent, check this (http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/roster/1986) out, and please regain some perspective.

What... there's like 8 or 10 guys on there. In today's free agency era, you can't have a roster full of superstars like that anymore. :lol:

Psycho Ward 86
03-15-2013, 02:09 PM

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3668206-74/steelers-sanders-draft#axzz2NEp9xLsr

not necessarily true. the patriots love to trade down and trade players for picks. they could make those 5 picks go up easily. especially since this draft is weak at the top.

losing wallace, sanders, and heath for are questionable portion of the season is a scary predicament.

Shoes
03-15-2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGxusvUT3k :chuckle:

steel striker
03-15-2013, 02:16 PM
I was hoping we would not lose Sanders especially to the cheats but, looks like a done deal to me. I hope I'm wrong... I know we found guys like Wallace & Sanders & Brown through the draft in the later rounds but, that does not happen every draft year that you find those types of players. Very well could be a down year like FS76 said. Is Cotch coming back??

86WARD
03-15-2013, 02:17 PM
$21.8M in cap space...if the Pats want him, he's theirs...and he's worth a third round pick. New England can parlay their picks into many more...it's what they do...lol.

86WARD
03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
@AntonioBrown84: Guess AB the last guy standing ! #SteelersNation

Spike
03-15-2013, 02:23 PM
I was hoping we would not lose Sanders especially to the cheats but, looks like a done deal to me. I hope I'm wrong...??

ruh-roh?

salamander
03-15-2013, 02:24 PM

So much for the Young Money Crew.

Craic
03-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Really, what you are seeing here is the Steelers' cap mismanagement chickens coming home to roost. They had too much money tied up into too many old players, and now they are losing promising young players as well as having to cut some serviceable players. It's going to be a long season in Pittsburgh this year, and I hope the fans are ready to accept another rebuild after so many years of success.

Well, we were all okay with them hanging on to the guys to try for one or two more SB runs, so it kind prohibits crying about it now. Or at least, it should, even though it won't. What irks me the most, is that Ben's going to be at the end of his career by the time we've rebuilt the talent pool.

Steeldude
03-15-2013, 02:31 PM

IMO, the Steelers should clean house and get rid of absurd contracts that aren't worthy of the player. They release Harrison who is probably the only one earning his salary. I would have cut or traded Woodley and ate the dead money. I am surprise they haven't cut Kiesel. He should have been one of the first players cut. What's going to happen is they will keep the elderly, overpaid Kiesel and then Heyward will be signed by another team in 2014. Which it turn means the Steelers will re-sign Kiesel and then bring in a free agent that no one wants.

Hopefully the Steelers can finally put together a decent draft with real prospects, not punks, one-year wonders, reaches and no-talent bums. A draft with a future leader would be great.

86WARD
03-15-2013, 02:33 PM
So much for the Young Money Crew.

Oh...their BIG Young Money now...just not together...lol.

oneforthetoe
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Wait a minute - I thought Belichick was a draft genius and that they have 800 bajillion picks!

The Patriots have yet to receive their two first round and three second round compensatory picks, from the comish, for having clean lockers and finishing all their broccoli.

Count Steeler
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Time for the Steeler bandwagon to lighten up a bit.

Let's clean up the cap mess and start fresh. I'll wait 2-3 years and then we will challenge the 49ers for most SBs again. Unfortunately, Ben won't win his 5.

steeldawg
03-15-2013, 03:51 PM
wow great brown, cotchery, buress, and 2 below average running backs, combine that with our dink and dunk offensive system and we should be dy-no-mite this year!!!

steeldawg
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
I will say it again ben has to be wondering wtf is going on???

XxKnightxX
03-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Personally, I can handle a couple of down seasons. I've done it before. From my experience, it will be the so-called "realists" who will be knee-jerking and calling for everybody's head on a stick, half the players on the team to be cut, etc. For everybody who thinks this roster is so bereft of talent, check this (http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/roster/1986) out, and please regain some perspective.

Im right there with ya. Im ready to take a back seat in the Super Bowl race as long as we avoid becoming an absolute laughing stock. I think the organization is doing the right thing and cutting their ties with the old guard, and starting to pave their way with the new one, along with honoring the contracts of the players who restructured. What kind of message would we give an organization if we restructured a contract with a player and cut them right after that? Good luck trying to get free agents.

I see it as this. We had a great team who won it all, and they reinvested in those players after a down season, and it got us back to the big dance where we fell short to the packers. The team took a gamble which in turn paid off but not to the full extent. Now theyre thinking two steps ahead of us fans and paving the way for the young guns to come in. Its going to be ugly, its going to be a process. But Im all for seeing a team develop and reinvent themselves. We need a wake up call from being spoiled and realize that we did things this past decade that other fans would have dreamt about. And now its their turn to try and do that, while we sit back and reload. Thats the nature of the league, thats how competition thrives. God knows, we can bring in this band of misfits and they can play lights out and my ass will be in Jersey coming next winter.

43Hitman
03-15-2013, 04:37 PM

Oh man that team was so dreadfully bad.

DarthSpartans20
03-15-2013, 05:10 PM
There are some talented receivers out there that can be picked up. I would like to see them if Sanders leave make a run at Darrius Heyward-Bey who was released by Oakland. He is the one guy who can keep that safety honest and with Ben's improvisation skills, can make big plays downfield.

JayC
03-15-2013, 05:11 PM
i'm just wondering what the hell is going on. we resign older than dirt larry foote who isn't good anymore but all our decent free agents are leaving?? bring william gay back?? woodley has sucked more but james is gone?? i'm for getting rid of our trash but this is not it at all.

SteelerFanInStl
03-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Manny is probably better than any receiver the Patriots have on the roster right now. I think he's better than LLoyd and Amendola.

Can't say that I would agree with that. Both Lloyd and Amendola have shown me more than Manny has. You can't judge him on 'potential' because he really hasn't shown a whole lot. Lloyd put up 1400+ yds and 11 TDs that one season in Denver. I've had the pleasure of watching Amendola a lot the last few years with the Rams and the dude catches everything and gives 100% on every play. His problem has been injuries.

Psycho Ward 86
03-15-2013, 05:42 PM
this is fucking idiotic if brown's tweet means what we think it means. why in the hell do you give sanders only a 3rd round pick if he's going to be so important to your team the upcoming season?

and to everyone saying were fine without wallace, brown, and heath miller for god knows how long: LOL

watch our defense play lights out again this year and get their asses dragged down by yet another marginal offense. Except this time, our offense wont be underachieving, itll be playing about as mediocre as it should be with all of these missing players

salamander
03-15-2013, 05:43 PM
i'm just wondering what the hell is going on. we resign older than dirt larry foote who isn't good anymore but all our decent free agents are leaving?? bring william gay back?? woodley has sucked more but james is gone?? i'm for getting rid of our trash but this is not it at all.

Most likely because the Steelers screwed themselves with their poor cap management and can't afford the younger guys.

stillers4me
03-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Report: #Steelers Haven’t Been Notified About WR Emmanuel Sanders Receiving Offer Sheet From #Patriots
There have been several reports on Twitter in the last hour that state Pittsburgh Steelers restricted free agent wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders has received an offer sheet from the New England Patriots.

Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review reports via Twitter that the Steelers have not be informed that Sanders has been presented an offer sheet by Patriots, let alone signed one. He also reports that the Patriots would have to notify the Steelers immediately when and if it happens.........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/steelers-notified-emmanuel-sanders-offer-sheet-patriots/

steelerdude15
03-15-2013, 06:30 PM
I think we'll have a few down years. I honestly am predicting a 7-9 record this year. I think its time to face the facts, the window is closing if it hasn't already.

Count Steeler
03-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Go for broke. If Sanders leaves, dump Woodley and as much dead money as possible.

Overreaction? Maybe, but I'd rather clean house and get real young and be in great shape in 2-3 years, rather than this monkeying around the cap limit and staying mediocre.

zulater
03-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Go for broke. If Sanders leaves, dump Woodley and as much dead money as possible.

Overreaction? Maybe, but I'd rather clean house and get real young and be in great shape in 2-3 years, rather than this monkeying around the cap limit and staying mediocre.

In two or three years your franchise qb will be 34. And if the Steelers go your route he'll quite likely want out as well before your rebuilding project is complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Three days after top receiver Mike Wallace signed a $60 million contract with the Miami Dolphins, No. 3 receiver Emmanuel Sanders has signed an offer sheet with the New England Patriots that will force the Steelers to match the offer or let him go, too.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-wr-sanders-could-be-headed-to-new-england-679537/#ixzz2NfqziTWg

Maybe they'll match? :noidea:

Spike
03-16-2013, 01:25 AM
WR
RB
WR

Tavon Austin

come on down

Spike
03-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Emmanuel Sanders signs Patriots' offer sheet

Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders might be joining the Patriots.

Sanders, a restricted free agent, visited Gillette Stadium yesterday and signed the Patriots' offer sheet, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The terms aren't known.

Here is what that now means.

1. The Steelers can match the contract offer and retain Sanders. The problem here is the Steelers are thin on cap room.

2. The Steelers can let Sanders sign with the Patriots and receive the Pats' 2013 third-round pick as compensation. The Steelers assigned Sanders a low-round tender, which means a new team would have to surrender the player's original draft round as compensation, and Sanders was a third-round pick in 2010. This would leave the Pats with picks in the first and second round, plus two in the seventh round.

3. The Pats and Steelers could negotiate a trade, as the Pats did with Wes Welker and the Dolphins in 2007.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/03/report_emmanuel_sanders_signs_patriots_offer_sheet

86WARD
03-16-2013, 05:10 AM
They have no choice but to try and move up in this draft and take Patterson...

86WARD
03-16-2013, 06:35 AM
just now

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Patriots still mulling whether to sign Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet. So far, no decision made and no offer sheet signed.

43Hitman
03-16-2013, 06:52 AM
The Steelers may be better off with an additional pick. All everyone is saying is how deep this draft is. So who could we possibly get in the third round and what are the probabilities that said pick would be an upgrade to one of our needs?

salamander
03-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Just wish we would've tendered him at a higher draft pick. I still say that when healthy, he has a lot of potential.

GBMelBlount
03-16-2013, 07:11 AM

Perhaps knowing golden boy is in the twilight of his career he is cashing in his chips to have his best shot at one more lombardi.

86WARD
03-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Still no official word?

stillers4me
03-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Mark Kaboly‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
Maybe Pats using Sanders visit to force Brandon Lloyd into pay cut or maybe they are truly interested in Sanders. Don't put anything past BB

Spike
03-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Maybe Pats using Sanders visit to force Brandon Lloyd into pay cut or maybe they are truly interested in Sanders. Don't put anything past BB

the plot thickens

Shoes
03-16-2013, 11:58 AM
All kidding aside, I can't see BB giving up a 3rd pick. If he does, that will make our drafting all the more interesting. I'm feeling pretty good about the up and coming draft....we're due for a good one!

Psycho Ward 86
03-16-2013, 01:01 PM
you cant see it happening? he gave up a 2nd round pick that everyone laughed at for wes welker when he had 2 seasons of limited production with the dolphins. heck, i didnt have faith in him to be our #2 receiver to begin with, but maybe BB will turn him into another machine in the slot

Count Steeler
03-16-2013, 01:19 PM
In two or three years your franchise qb will be 34. And if the Steelers go your route he'll quite likely want out as well before your rebuilding project is complete.

So we have a chance of winning a Super Bowl in the next 2 - 3 years with our current cast of characters? 3 years maybe, if we have 2 great drafts. But we are still under cap pressures. Who is gone next year? Polamalu? Woodley? Timmons? Taylor?

Ben won't be happy with either scenario, but for the good of the team, I would prefer to clean up the cap mess and get younger now.

- - - Updated - - -

you cant see it happening? he gave up a 2nd round pick that everyone laughed at for wes welker when he had 2 seasons of limited production with the dolphins. heck, i didnt have faith in him to be our #2 receiver to begin with, but maybe BB will turn him into another machine in the slot

Very bad decision to tender Sanders with a 3rd round offer. Another decision predicated on our bad cap situation. But on the bright side, Spaeth is back. :sarcasm:

Dwinsgames
03-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Very bad decision to tender Sanders with a 3rd round offer.

yea that was abundantly clear from the onset , our only hope is that he does not sign an offer sheet elsewhere and that he shows he is the piece we need in 2013 and we lock him up for at least 3 years if he is ...

we have a bunch of holes , we have warm bodies all over the place that I can not help but think a good draft should supplant a few of them ...problem is we rarely play youngsters

I am still kind of beside myself as to why we did not try and trade Harrison for a late round pick instead of getting nothing for him ...

I am at a loss for many of the moves and non moves made , I wish they would have not signed the useless TE M.S. and kept that cap space open for any potential WR cuts June 1 , we may need that coin for 1 ....

I would like to see us collect a mass amount of picks in the 2nd and 3rd round that would do a few things to help us moving forward ...

1) Quality players who can play the game at an affordable amount of money over 4 years lessening the cap burden

2) more talented players amassed on the roster

3) lowering the over all age of the team

if we could trade back 5-7 spots in round 1 , we should be able to get an additional 3rd round pick for the move
if we traded back again into the mid 30's ( top of the second round ) we could get a 2nd and another 3rd

those 2 moves in itself would garner us 5 picks in the first 80 selections and if you look at the top 100 players available in this draft there is not a whole lot of difference in number 20 and number 75 ...the meat and potatoes of this draft is in the area we would hold a handful of picks .... and an infusion of young talent is just what this team needs ( esp on the cheap )

st33lersguy
03-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Whatever happened with Steve Breaston, and on the bright side we get an extra pick to fill the void with Sanders.

Dwinsgames
03-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Whatever happened with Steve Breaston, and on the bright side we get an extra pick to fill the void with Sanders.

yea but its a rookie being asked to step up and be an impact playmaker , something rare on this team

stillers4me
03-16-2013, 02:02 PM

They had concerns about a knee problem.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146379/article/steve-breaston-reportedly-considering-knee-surgery

Spike
03-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Bouchette was drunk

Updating a previous item, the Washington Observer-Reporter reports restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders left New England Friday without signing an offer sheet.

It appears the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette jumped the gun

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20130315/SPORTS0403/130319523#.UURxLdE6VYT

Pete The Greek
03-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Not good news: the Pats have released Lloyd.

86WARD
03-16-2013, 04:46 PM
From his facebook page:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc6/592215_157056550996616_1705512833_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/TheNextGreat88)
Emmanuel Sanders: When a Dream Becomes Reality (http://www.facebook.com/TheNextGreat88) I have NOT been offered anything. Balls out of my court. All I can do is continue to grind and trust the man above. He has the plan for me...

steel striker
03-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Yep Llyod being cut is not good news at all for us. I really thought maybe with Wallace gone Sanders could come into his own.

steelreserve
03-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Hell, they could make Sanders a near-unmatchable offer just with the roster bonus they saved this year on Lloyd. As long as they're OK parting with a third-round pick. MAN, was it stupid of us not to give him the high tender. Penny wise and pound foolish.

steeldawg
03-16-2013, 10:34 PM
From his facebook page:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc6/592215_157056550996616_1705512833_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/TheNextGreat88)
Emmanuel Sanders: When a Dream Becomes Reality (http://www.facebook.com/TheNextGreat88) I have NOT been offered anything. Balls out of my court. All I can do is continue to grind and trust the man above. He has the plan for me...

Yes the man up stairs does have a plan for you and his name is Robert Kraft