PDA

View Full Version : Burress: "I love it in Pittsburgh"

stillers4me
03-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Before Plaxico Burress packed up and headed home at the end of last season, he sat down with Steelers’ Coach Mike Tomlin and General Manager Kevin Colbert and made it clear that he wanted to be back for the 2013 season. Burress, who was set to become a free agent, had no desire to go elsewhere.

“I told them Pittsburgh was the only place I wanted to be,” said Burress. “When I came in last year I thought I was in good shape for the time frame I was there. All I wanted this year was an opportunity to get into minicamp and training camp and start to get myself back into real football shape along with everyone else.”..........

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Burress-I-love-it-in-Pittsburgh/03445ffe-503d-4902-9040-42973394d8b4

salamander
03-14-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm glad he's back. Definitely sounds like he "gets it" now.

Shoes
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
The only place you wanted to be????? Pittsburgh is the only team that wanted him.....players and coaches sound more and more like politicians these days.

GBMelBlount
03-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, he's never shot himself or been in jail here.

Just sayin.

Craic
03-14-2013, 10:39 PM
“For me to get off the board the first day of free agency I think it says a lot about the Steelers and what kind of role they have in mind for me. I want to go in and have fun and fulfill it. I am happy to be back. This is where I wanted to be. I couldn’t ask for more.”

“I am going to approach it like I am going to be a starter,” said Burress. “I am going to work my tail off and see what happens. I am putting it out there for everybody to know.”

“It’s a special place,” said Burress. “From the owners on down they create an atmosphere that can’t be duplicated. It’s within the building. It’s been that way as long as I can remember. It’s everyone in the building. It’s the foundation. It’s special.

“You don’t get to be around an organization or teammates like the Steelers other places around the NFL. That is one of the first things I noticed when I left and went to New York. Sometimes you want to embark on bigger and better things and go to the big city. I did that. There are pros and cons of every situation. I am back because I love it in Pittsburgh. When you leave you realize how special a place it really is.”

It may have taken a while, but it really sounds like he's grown up.

GBMelBlount
03-14-2013, 10:41 PM

On a more serious note I completely agree. I am glad we have him.

fansince'76
03-14-2013, 11:29 PM

I would imagine two years in the clink would have that effect. Most people don't need such an impetus to wake the hell up.

I'm still not a fan.