PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Restructure Contract Of LaMarr Woodley To Clear $4.05 Million In Cap Space

polamalubeast
03-12-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/steelers-restructure-contract-of-lb-lamarr-woodley-to-clear-3-6-million-in-cap-space/

Austin87
03-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Suddenly the Steelers have a little money to play with.

ALLD
03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
They need to restructure his diet too.

SCSTILLER
03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Not a cap guru by any means, but this sounds good. One question, are we just kicking the can down the road money wise or does this free up the $4M scott clear.

Psycho Ward 86
03-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Not a cap guru by any means, but this sounds good. One question, are we just kicking the can down the road money wise or does this free up the $4M scott clear.

nope, it comes back

steelreserve
03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Oh, crap. I was hoping they wouldn't do this. I think it all but guarantees we're stuck with him for the duration, which is what, 2017, and jacks his cap hit up north of $15M from next year on. I don't even want to think about how much dead money there would be if we cut him. Taking a horrible contract and making it even worse for us in the long run.

fansince'76
03-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Oh, crap. I was hoping they wouldn't do this. I think it all but guarantees we're stuck with him for the duration, which is what, 2017, and jacks his cap hit up north of $15M from next year on. I don't even want to think about how much dead money there would be if we cut him. Taking a horrible contract and making it even worse for us in the long run.

Looks like they're banking on him returning to his early 2011 form. Hope so. If he gets back to playing like that, he'll be more than worth it.

steelreserve
03-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Looks like they're banking on him returning to his early 2011 form. Hope so. If he gets back to playing like that, he'll be more than worth it.

That's the only way this works out for us at all, so I sure hope they're right.

Even if he does though, I don't think Woodley, or any player save for a franchise QB (like Joe Flacco!), could possibly be worth anything close to the god-awful cap number he'll have over the next few years.

And in any case, without Harrison on the other side drawing all the attention, I don't see much chance of Woodley improving; probably the opposite, in fact. These past couple of years have provided that slow sinking feeling that he wasn't actually goo on his own; more like how you see guys drafting in a bike race.

Steeldude
03-14-2013, 03:54 PM
So the contract problem with Woodley becomes worse. He needs to get down to around 250 to be an effective and consistent LB. Even then does he have the drive to play all out every Sunday?

Count Steeler
03-14-2013, 04:14 PM
So the contract problem with Woodley becomes worse. He needs to get down to around 250 to be an effective and consistent LB. Even then does he have the drive to play all out every Sunday?

Or the hammies.

GBMelBlount
03-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Wish they could restructure Woodley's fat ass.