PDA

View Full Version : Obama strikes again on the oil spill

Godfather
08-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Key paragraph:

The investigators said the U.S. Coast Guard routinely approved BP requests to use thousands of gallons of the chemical per day to break up the oil in the Gulf, despite a federal directive to use the dispersant rarely. The Coast Guard approved 74 waivers over a 48-day period after the Environmental Protection Agency order, according to documents reviewed by the investigators. Only in a few cases did the government scale back BP's request.

Yet the same administration kept interfering with Louisiana's efforts to mitigate the damage and protect the wetlands. No waivers allowed there.

Whole article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100801/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill

BnG_Hevn
08-02-2010, 11:31 AM
One thing I can't stomach is how every single action by every single government employee is construed into "The President did/didn't do this".

Unless Obama specifically gave orders, you have to lay these types of decisions at the feet of those who made them and more times than not, the person making said decision would do so by reading "the book' on how to go about it.

So, you should criticize the ones who "wrote the book".

If it were to fuel Obama NOT getting re-elected, then I'd hope he did make such a decision but to look at it objectively, you can't put it at his feet.

MasterOfPuppets
08-02-2010, 12:42 PM
isn't obama going to cap the oil well today ? :applaudit:

LLT
08-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Without taking a side on this issue...let me point something out.

If Obama is to blame for the delayed response to the oil spill ...then Bush was equally to blame fro Katrina.

If Obama is NOT to blame for the delayed response...then Bush was NOT to blame for Katrina.

Either the local government has to step up and take responsibility for their lack of preparation and in their lack of anticipation in dealing with catastrophic events in their OWN STATE....or....the blame lays in the lap of the federal government to bail out states even when they fail to ask for assitance in a timely matter.

To take one side of the aisle in this matter would be the epitome of hypocrisy and I think its interesting how congress is showing themselves to be the biggest hypocrits of all.

Mach1
08-02-2010, 01:35 PM
One thing I can't stomach is how every single action by every single government employee is construed into "The President did/didn't do this".

Unless Obama specifically gave orders, you have to lay these types of decisions at the feet of those who made them and more times than not, the person making said decision would do so by reading "the book' on how to go about it.

So, you should criticize the ones who "wrote the book".

If it were to fuel Obama NOT getting re-elected, then I'd hope he did make such a decision but to look at it objectively, you can't put it at his feet.

He is the Commander N Chief is he not? He is In charge of what the Coast Guard does or does not do is he not? Ultimately is is his call and his fault.

beSteelmyheart
08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Through this whole Cluster F*ck, what continued to blow me away is the complete & spineless lack of authority over BP! It certainly HAS NOT been the US government (or any of it's agencies) that has shown anything but weakness & apathy. Unbelieveable!! And then Obama comes on with his feel good speeches for the people & those who have been paying attention know that it's all empty words & lies!!
They are ALL taking their F*@KING payoffs while good hardworking people suffer, it makes me SICK.
"We the People" did not elect BP- BP is only doing what a greedy corporation will get away with-not that I agree with that at all, please don't get me wrong! It is the elected officials of our beautiful country & the F*cks that they put in charge that are taking the payouts, NOT doing what they are elected to do & it breaks my heart to see the local officials on the news just begging for help from those douchebags!

beSteelmyheart
08-02-2010, 07:16 PM
And what angered me the most was hearing about the local watermen-who couldn't work, by the way-waiting for word to go out & help with the effort, to help with anything if only the feds & BP would give the go ahead! Are you kidding me? These guys know the water, it is their heart & soul, not just a living, they know it's movements, it's moods, it's seasons & it's wildlife. Who wouldn't want them to help???
The Big Dummy In Chief should have told Hayward to shut up, sit down & do what he was told, same with the Thad Allen moron & then called together a council of the most knowledgeable local watermen, scientists, local politicians & what have you to put together something, anything!