PDA

View Full Version : DeCastro focused on second season

stillers4me
03-06-2013, 06:26 PM
A year ago Steelers’ guard David DeCastro (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/team/roster/david-decastro/77df3eb5-6638-4fa8-88a0-74a43a25a457/) had just finished working out at the NFL Scouting Combine and his sights were set on his pro day at Stanford. It was all in preparation for the NFL Draft, when his football future would ultimately be determined after he was the Steelers top pick, taken with the 24th overall selection.

Fast forward to this year and DeCastro’s focus is still firmly set on one thing and one thing only - football. Behind him is everything that goes with being a rookie, from adjusting to new teammates, city and everything the NFL brings, and ahead of him is just continuing to grow as a player.

“There were a lot of new things, a lot of changes and adjustments last year,” said DeCastro. “It is different than college. You are living on your own and it’s a real job. There was a lot of growing. It’s a maturation process that you don’t think about until you get there. I am glad it’s out of the way and that I fully adjusted to it............

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/DeCastro-focused-on-second-season/1c02b437-d8ee-4218-897c-b52b8f37e55a

Psycho Ward 86
03-06-2013, 06:33 PM
hope he raises hell this time around. in the meantime, i hope bicknell can coach these boys to STOP FALLING ON EACH OTHER

steelerdude15
03-06-2013, 08:20 PM
I really like the fact that he is working out and taking this very serious. I really do like that he still feels he needs to prove to everyone he can play. I like his attitude and definitely feel he will be a key part of this team for years to come.

Count Steeler
03-06-2013, 08:37 PM
I can see DeCastro and Pouncey being the leaders on the offense and in the locker room. I am looking forward to his second season.

Shoes
03-06-2013, 08:54 PM
I can see DeCastro and Pouncey being the leaders on the offense and in the locker room. I am looking forward to his second season.

+1....I'm hoping this kid turns it on this season.

st33lersguy
03-06-2013, 10:21 PM
I am hoping he can stay the hell healthy this season. His knee injury total f'ed up his rookie season

Austin87
03-07-2013, 06:27 AM
I really liked this pick and still do. He is gonna go far, I can see him being a 10+ year starter and leader on this team.