PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Claim QB John Parker Wilson Off Waivers From Jaguars

stillers4me
02-28-2013, 07:01 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers claimed former Alabama quarterback John Parker Wilson off waivers from the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday..........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02/steelers-claim-qb-john-parker-wilson-off-waivers-from-jaguars/

Psycho Ward 86
02-28-2013, 07:07 PM
future of the franchise :)

Godfather
02-28-2013, 07:25 PM
I'd just as soon keep the backups we have now. Look at all the clowns JPW couldn't beat for a starting job.

salamander
02-28-2013, 07:31 PM
I'd just as soon keep the backups we have now. Look at all the clowns JPW couldn't beat for a starting job.

I don't think we can afford anyone else at this point. :chuckle:

Shoes
02-28-2013, 07:38 PM
I sure hope this means Lefty won't be sporting his casual ware on the sideline this season.

stillers4me
02-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Camp body.

ALLD
02-28-2013, 07:45 PM
He also has to sub for the equipment manager when he goes on vacation.

SteelerFanInStl
02-28-2013, 07:47 PM
At least he doesn't wear Depends! :lol:

If we're picking up QB rejects from the Jags, we're in trouble.

Count Steeler
02-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Maybe they are hoping for a Wilson connection. Just an extra arm for TC and if he doesn't injure himself in action, maybe he sticks around for a season.

salamander
02-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Maybe they are hoping for a Wilson connection. Just an extra arm for TC and if he doesn't injure himself in action, maybe he sticks around for a season.

Being injured seemed to be a prerequisite for Batch and Leftwich. :lol:

st33lersguy
02-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Every team goes into training camp with 4 or 5 QBs, Wilson's that 4th or 5th QB heading into camp, and he just might be on the roster if Lefty suffers his annusl injury before

tube517
02-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Who?

86WARD
02-28-2013, 10:36 PM
I'd rather have him than the two back ups on the roster. At least there's some question as to how bad he is...we know his horrid the other two are...

Galax Steeler
03-01-2013, 04:25 AM
I'd rather have him than the two back ups on the roster. At least there's some question as to how bad he is...we know his horrid the other two are...

This, in my opinion he has the chance to be better then the ones we have know.

Heinz Hitman
03-01-2013, 05:10 AM
Championship.

zulater
03-01-2013, 05:45 AM

Batch was good enough to win at Baltimore. So you're saying this guy could do that?

86WARD
03-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Batch is horrible. Stop trying to act like he's a serviceable back up QB. He's not. You don't know if this guy can or cannot win in Baltimore...no one does at this point. But if Batch did, there's a good chance a lot of guys could have won that game.

zulater
03-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Batch is horrible. Stop trying to act like he's a serviceable back up QB. He's not. You don't know if this guy can or cannot win in Baltimore...no one does at this point. But if Batch did, there's a good chance a lot of guys could have won that game.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321202033

Bullshit! Batch deserves high marks for that win. He threw for 276 yards and helped the Steelers rally and score 10 4th quarter points.

Look I get it, Charlie's old and his time in the NFL is up or nearly up. But don't put this kid from Alabama who's never done squat in the league on the same plane as a guy who proved he could go into a hostile stadium and beat a good team just this past December.

Yes the Steelers need to find a more viable back-up for Ben. But's it's a real long shot Wilson is it. As has been stated before, he's probably just a camp arm and wont make the team.

86WARD
03-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Lol. He's not good. Not even decent. How'd he do in that game against Cleveland the following week? I seem to have forgotten. got a link? Stop with the love fest. He was a good back up a few years ago. Hes a great football mind. He's no longer NFL on field talent. You think a team will rush out to sign him if the Steelers cut him? Maybe Arizona...

And no one said that this Alabama kid is the answer.

zulater
03-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Lol. He's not good. Not even decent. How'd he do in that game against Cleveland the following week? I seem to have forgotten. got a link? Stop with the love fest. He was a good back up a few years ago. Hes a great football mind. He's no longer NFL on field talent. You think a team will rush out to sign him if the Steelers cut him? Maybe Arizona...

You're wrong.

The Cleveland game was predicated by terrible field position and constant fumbling by the backs more than Batch's play.Very few back up qb's in the league would have done much given the shitty hand Charlie was dealt that day.

And no one said that this Alabama kid is the answer.

Well when you make this kind of ridiculous comment,

I'd rather have him than the two back ups on the roster.

You somewhat did say that.

86WARD
03-01-2013, 11:15 AM
No I'm right. he's not good. I guess he wasn't at fault for the interceptions either? Okay...lol.

You're not so good with sarcasm are you?

Steeldude
03-01-2013, 12:21 PM
The problem with Batch is his weak arm and proneness to injury. I wouldn't mind having Wilson as 3rd string with a veteran QB(Derek Anderson, Drew Stanton, Grossman, Matt Moore) as the 2nd string.

Dwinsgames
03-01-2013, 12:24 PM
at least its not me in the forum brawl :peace:

GoSlash27
03-01-2013, 10:07 PM
I have learned to never cross the FO on talent picks. If they signed him, I'll reserve judgement.

zulater
03-01-2013, 11:19 PM
No I'm right. he's not good. I guess he wasn't at fault for the interceptions either? Okay...lol.

You're not so good with sarcasm are you?

better than you are with facts.

Galax Steeler
03-02-2013, 05:54 AM
The problem with Batch is his weak arm and proneness to injury. I wouldn't mind having Wilson as 3rd string with a veteran QB(Derek Anderson, Drew Stanton, Grossman, Matt Moore) as the 2nd string.

This, it is time to move on from Batch and Leftwich and get a quality backup.

86WARD
03-02-2013, 05:58 AM
better than you are with facts.

Not really. But if it makes you feel better, you can run with it. I mean being the king of finding one fact and then building a case with that "one fact" alone is indeed your forte. Congrats on being better with a fact.

86WARD
03-02-2013, 06:00 AM
This, it is time to move on from Batch and Leftwich and get a quality backup.

But, but, but no one else could beat the Ravens like Cholly did.

They need a fresh veteran and a draft pick. There actually was a story out there that Charlie expects to be back next year. Could be posted here already, haven't looked through all the threads yet...but come on...

SteelerFanInStl
03-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I also think that we need to move on without Charlie and Lefty.

A fresh veteran and a draft pick sounds good to me.

zulater
03-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Not really. But if it makes you feel better, you can run with it. I mean being the king of finding one fact and then building a case with that "one fact" alone is indeed your forte. Congrats on being better with a fact.

Better than not having even one fact to build a foundation of an argument like you.

How many teams have a 3rd string qb that could go into Baltimore and win?

we're not talking game manager, let the running game or special teams win it, we're talking 276 yyards throwing and 10 4th quarter points.

I wont be waiting for a real answer because I know you're incapable of delivering one. :coffee:

86WARD
03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Oh sonny boy, there's your "one fact" again...:applaudit:

Let's see...in the midst of this Baltimore slump, Kirk Cousins comes in and beats them the following week in overtime...oh but it wasn't in Baltimore...so it doesn't really "count." Again, how'd Batch do against the Browns the previous week? Three interceptions? Couldn't be his fault...it was ALL field position and fumbles...right? QBs can't do anything about field position...especially against the leagues 25th ranked pass defense. But he beat Baltimore IN BALTIMORE!!!!

But you're right...can't ask for more than 1-1 from your third string QB...I'd take that every day. But it just doesn't change the fact that he's not good. You don't need facts to see that he isn't an NFL QB any longer.

Enjoy my fake answer...lol.

zulater
03-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Oh sonny boy, there's your "one fact" again...:applaudit:

Let's see...in the midst of this Baltimore slump, Kirk Cousins comes in and beats them the following week in overtime...oh but it wasn't in Baltimore...so it doesn't really "count." Again, how'd Batch do against the Browns the previous week? Three interceptions? Couldn't be his fault...it was ALL field position and fumbles...right? QBs can't do anything about field position...especially against the leagues 25th ranked pass defense. But he beat Baltimore IN BALTIMORE!!!!

But you're right...can't ask for more than 1-1 from your third string QB...I'd take that every day. But it just doesn't change the fact that he's not good. You don't need facts to see that he isn't an NFL QB any longer.

Enjoy my fake answer...lol.

I don't know if he's an NFL qb anymore. Remains to be seen But he sure was last year. He has the checks to prove it.

btw I'm not your "sonny boy". Kindly refrain from addressing me in such a manner. :flipoff:

blackngldblood
03-03-2013, 03:24 AM
I thought Batch decided he was going to retire after last season? Is he gonna come back and try to boost the offense and thus the team to "win one more for Batch?" :rolleyes:

Do you think the team is even gonna sign him back? He is a free agent isn't he?

pepsyman1
03-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Batch stepped up for the Baltimore game but that should be his swan song. Neither of the back ups we have ae capable of performing consistently and both are prone to injury (hell, Lefty hurt HIMSELF without being touched). It's time to pull the plug on both. There are enough relatively competent QBs running around the NFL that we can find someone serviceable that isn't 35 years old