PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Hampton day-to-day with hamstring

polamalubeast
08-01-2010, 07:32 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_692957.html

Veteran Hampton day-to-day with hamstring

Even before training camp officially kicked off, the Steelers already suffered a little injury to their biggest man.

Veteran nose tackle Casey Hampton sat out of practice Saturday with a sore hamstring.

"He is day-to-day and we will see how that unfolds," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said.

Veteran Chris Hoke filled in for Hampton with the first team.

Rookie running back Jonathan Dwyer also aggravated his hamstring during the evening practice. He was taken to the locker room on a golf cart and did not return.

» No. 1 draft pick Maurkice Pouncey arrived at St. Vincent College around 1 a.m. Saturday morning and was back on the field five hours later for the run test, in which he said he passed with flying colors.

"If I am going to show up late, I better do something good," he said.

» Willie Colon may be out for the season, but that hasn't prevented the former starting right tackle from being involved.

Colon was on the practice field for both sessions yesterday and plans to be around for the majority of the season, even though he was placed on injured reserve last week because of a ruptured Achilles' tendon.

"I am a cheerleader and a coach," Colon said.

» Center Justin Hartwig admitted that he wasn't 100 percent down the stretch a season ago. He said he suffered a torn labrum against Oakland in early December that required offseason surgery.

"My shoulder was really unstable," he said. "It's just one of those things that you deal with ..."

stillers4me
08-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Veteran nose tackle Casey Hampton sat out of practice Saturday with a sore hamstring.

"He is day-to-day and we will see how that unfolds," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said.

Crap. I bet he's pissed. Sacrificing all those twinkies and ding dongs just to get hurt on the first day of camp.

SMR
08-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Crap. I bet he's pissed. Sacrificing all those twinkies and ding dongs just to get hurt on the first day of camp.

That ticks me off. The guy's now really trying! :frusty: