PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown has restructured his contract.

Shoes
02-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Per a source with knowledge of the transaction, Brown reduced his $4.5 million base salary to a minimum salary of $650,000.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/27/antonio-brown-restructures-contract/

Psycho Ward 86
02-27-2013, 02:44 PM
we should have a thread or something for keeping track of how far over/under we are from the salary cap

SteelerEmpire
02-27-2013, 02:47 PM
we should have a thread or something for keeping track of how far over/under we are from the salary cap

I concur. Because theirs a LOT more 'restructuring' to come. Wallace won't stay for cheap ;)

86WARD
02-27-2013, 03:11 PM
That would be nice with the first post being updated as it goes...

Psycho Ward 86
02-27-2013, 03:18 PM
wheres chidi when you need him lol

polamalubeast
02-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Not only did Steelers restructure Antonio Brown’s contract, as PFT reported, but they will restructure LB LaMarr Woodley’s contract as well.

polamalubeast
02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Steelers Depot‏@Steelersdepot

#Steelers current Rule of 51 number roughly $127,478,706.00 million after Timmons & Brown restructures

Two restructures so far have cleared roughly $8.38 million in 2013 cap space. Restructuring Ben & Woodley will clear another $13+ million

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot

Count Steeler
02-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Not only did Steelers restructure Antonio Brown’s contract, as PFT reported, but they will restructure LB LaMarr Woodley’s contract as well.

At this rate, 2017 we won't be able to field a team. All dead cap money. :heh:

Psycho Ward 86
02-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Steelers Depot‏@Steelersdepot

#Steelers current Rule of 51 number roughly $127,478,706.00 million after Timmons & Brown restructures

Two restructures so far have cleared roughly $8.38 million in 2013 cap space. Restructuring Ben & Woodley will clear another $13+ million

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot

sounds good to me. anybody got some guesstimates as to how much we need to clear to resign keenan lewis?

Count Steeler
02-27-2013, 05:46 PM
sounds good to me. anybody got some guesstimates as to how much we need to clear to resign keenan lewis?

I would figure he will be in the 6-8mil range. We still need another 15mil, plus we have to clear space for the draft class, so I would think we need about 25mil cleared.

Craic
02-27-2013, 05:49 PM
I would figure he will be in the 6-8mil range. We still need another 15mil, plus we have to clear space for the draft class, so I would think we need about 25mil cleared.

Not for one year, you think? I could see a signing bonus being spread out over three or four years, a roster bonus or two in the fifth and sixth year, and an steadily increasing salary. However, I don't think he'd hit 6-8 mil this year.

What am I missing? (I'm not too intelligent on salary/cap issues. It's a part of the game that I've not paid a whole lot of attention to).

Mojouw
02-27-2013, 05:53 PM
The restructures shouldn't be that much of a problem. If they space things out well enough, the big salaries on the restructures hit when Polamalu, Harrison, Clark, Kiesel, Hampton are retired and off the books. Heck Troy and Harrison alone should clear a big bit of money off the books. Replace those two guys with players on their first contracts (provided the team drafts well) and you can afford the pricier years of Ben, Timmons, Brown, Woodley, etc.

Craic
02-27-2013, 05:55 PM
The restructures shouldn't be that much of a problem. If they space things out well enough, the big salaries on the restructures hit when Polamalu, Harrison, Clark, Kiesel, Hampton are retired and off the books. Heck Troy and Harrison alone should clear a big bit of money off the books. Replace those two guys with players on their first contracts (provided the team drafts well) and you can afford the pricier years of Ben, Timmons, Brown, Woodley, etc.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

zulater
02-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Every year it's the same thing. The Steelers are in cap hell, life's going to end as we know it! :horror: But lo and behold right before D-Day the Steelers make a series of restructures and they have enough money to do business as usual.

Of course this brings on more doom's day scenario's, where eventually the Steelers will have to pay the piper, and again life will end as we know it! :horror:

Well newsflash folks! Tommorow never arrives, because it's always today and the Steelers are always going to be smart enough to manage today.

polamalubeast
02-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Every year it's the same thing. The Steelers are in cap hell, life's going to end as we know it! :horror: But lo and behold right before D-Day the Steelers make a series of restructures and they have enough money to do business as usual.

Of course this brings on more doom's day scenario's, where eventually the Steelers will have to pay the piper, and again life will end as we know it! :horror:

Well newsflash folks! Tommorow never arrives, because it's always today and the Steelers are always going to be smart enough to manage today.

And the cap situation was worst last year.....

Shoes
02-27-2013, 09:13 PM

Sounds like how our country is being run year after year. :chuckle: