PDA

View Full Version : I need some steelers football in my life RIGHT NOW!!!!

blackngldblood
02-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Well, its late february and like many of you I am in desparate need of some Steelers Football in my life! Do any of you guys and gals know of a place online that I can watch old football games for free, and legally? I really want to watch the 2010 AFC divisional game, but of course NFL network wants to charge me 25 bucks to watch it. That is too much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

86WARD
02-27-2013, 07:47 AM
YouTube has some older games.

zulater
02-27-2013, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MSfiy1Oy0vw#!

Mojouw
02-27-2013, 01:08 PM

Isn't this the game where they ran Merril Hoge until he was basically exhausted? I also think this was the first appearance of Dirt Dawson at center for an injured Webster?

I don't know. I think I was like 10 or 11 so I might be remembering it all wrong. Plus I don't really feel like looking it up....

86WARD
02-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Yes. Also was a one point loss...lol.

Dwinsgames
02-27-2013, 02:45 PM

worth watching some of just for the old timers , David Little per example

zulater
02-27-2013, 03:10 PM
worth watching some of just for the old timers , David Little per example

Also worth watching because that team played with heart and was mentally tough. It just wasn't the most talented team we ever fielded.

If the Steelers of the last two seasons had as much grit and determination as that 89 team they would have won multiple playoff games, as opposed to the zero they actually did.

Dwinsgames
02-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Also worth watching because that team played with heart and was mentally tough. It just wasn't the most talented team we ever fielded.

If the Steelers of the last two seasons had as much grit and determination as that 89 team they would have won multiple playoff games, as opposed to the zero they actually did.

well that comes from coaching , ( and no I am not trying to start a bash Tomlin thread out of this ) .........

that being said , I think it is harder to field a team with such grit in today's era due to changes in the CBA , do not confuse harder with impossible ..........

zulater
02-27-2013, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPdtMg7YWp8

Shoes
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Isn't this the game where they ran Merril Hoge until he was basically exhausted? I also think this was the first appearance of Dirt Dawson at center for an injured Webster?

I don't know. I think I was like 10 or 11 so I might be remembering it all wrong. Plus I don't really feel like looking it up....

.......... :chuckle:

fansince'76
02-27-2013, 09:41 PM

1989 was very possibly the finest coaching job Noll ever did. To take a squad full of mostly mediocre talent that lost its first two games of the season by a combined score of 92-10 and come within a point of going to the AFC Championship later in the same season is nothing less than brilliant coaching.

blackngldblood
02-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the vids posted! I will watch them both, and enjoy the holy crap out of them! I watched the first half of superbowl 43 last night, and it was good to see at this time of year.

ShoeHorn
02-28-2013, 09:36 PM
If you have the "Road to XL" Super Bowl 40 dvd set with all the playoff games, pop one of those in... Always fun, especially the Colts game.

A side note, Ben still gets crap for not playing well in that SB, but he was MONEY in all three AFC playoff games on the road while still only a sophomore

86WARD
02-28-2013, 10:44 PM
And if you don't have it, go buy it...

Galax Steeler
03-02-2013, 05:56 AM
If you have the "Road to XL" Super Bowl 40 dvd set with all the playoff games, pop one of those in... Always fun, especially the Colts game.

A side note, Ben still gets crap for not playing well in that SB, but he was MONEY in all three AFC playoff games on the road while still only a sophomore

I have it and I still love to watch it never gets old.

86WARD
03-02-2013, 03:30 PM
I got the Behind The Steel Curtain DVD recently...may be popping that in for a quick fix...