PDA

View Full Version : Vaccaro Ideal Fit for Interested Steelers

stillers4me
02-26-2013, 04:24 PM
It was way back under the sunny skies of May 23, during the first week of OTAs, on the South Side of Pittsburgh, when the Steelers ...

... – specifically free safety Ryan Clark (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=6294605) – were having some fun with one another.
After one of Todd Haley’s plays ended in frustration for his quarterback, Clark hollered across the field to coach Mike Tomlin that “if your quarterback’s going to hold the ball that long, you better draft more offensive linemen next year!”

To which Tomlin replied, “I’m going safety – free safety!”
Well, hello, there, Kenny Vaccaro (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=6138181)...............

Read more @ http://pit.scout.com/2/1269779.html

BlastFurnace
02-26-2013, 08:47 PM
He would be a great fit with the Steelers. He can cover the slot, plays faster than his 40 time, and hits like a truck.

Psycho Ward 86
02-26-2013, 10:53 PM
yeah, not a great 40 time today, wouldnt mind nabbing him at 17 at all

Steeldude
02-27-2013, 01:51 AM
IMO, he seems to be reach at 17. He isn't much of a ball hawk. He also had off-the-field issues. From what I have read he didn't play much zone. Seems to be more of a SS than a FS.

I guess it depends on who is available at 17.

86WARD
02-27-2013, 07:45 AM
He is a reach at 17. There are other safeties just about as good as Vaccaro that will be available later in the draft. He's not that far above his "competition."

Dwinsgames
02-27-2013, 10:54 AM
He is a reach at 17. There are other safeties just about as good as Vaccaro that will be available later in the draft. He's not that far above his "competition."

I like Vaccaro , but do not believe there is that much disparity in talent level between him and a half dozen other S prospects , and there are a few CB/S tweeners I like even more and the cost of all of them is at the very least 1 round later ( some 2 or 3 rounds later ) in projections ... If Vaccaro would have lit up the combine and layed down a 4.4 in the 40 instead of a 4.6 I would have less issue taking him early , but at 4.6+ I have concerns in his ability at the next level ( he plays faster than that or so it seems ) but he was not facing NFL competition on every down either ...

I do think he has better numbers after his pro day that will help solidify his stock , he just does not look like a 4.6 guy with the eyeball test ..... we shall see

Mojouw
02-27-2013, 01:03 PM
I like Vaccaro , but do not believe there is that much disparity in talent level between him and a half dozen other S prospects , and there are a few CB/S tweeners I like even more and the cost of all of them is at the very least 1 round later ( some 2 or 3 rounds later ) in projections ... If Vaccaro would have lit up the combine and layed down a 4.4 in the 40 instead of a 4.6 I would have less issue taking him early , but at 4.6+ I have concerns in his ability at the next level ( he plays faster than that or so it seems ) but he was not facing NFL competition on every down either ...

I do think he has better numbers after his pro day that will help solidify his stock , he just does not look like a 4.6 guy with the eyeball test ..... we shall see

What about a guy like Cyprien (at least I think that is his name) from one of the smaller Florida schools? How does he compare to Vaccaro? Is he 1st round guy with his good combine buzz or can he be had in the 2nd?

Also anyone else getting nervous about the Steelers and drafting Longhorns? Sweed...Curtis Brown...Tony Hillis...not a great track record there!

Dwinsgames
02-27-2013, 01:45 PM
What about a guy like Cyprien (at least I think that is his name) from one of the smaller Florida schools? How does he compare to Vaccaro? Is he 1st round guy with his good combine buzz or can he be had in the 2nd?

Also anyone else getting nervous about the Steelers and drafting Longhorns? Sweed...Curtis Brown...Tony Hillis...not a great track record there!

Good prospect it is Jonathan Cyprien from Florida International , I only know what I have read and the little I have seen on youtube so not much intimate knowledge , some talk pretty dam high on him and have seen some say 2nd round would be no shock .... I can not say much because I have not seen much to be able to pass judgement on him , I just fear smaller school kids in early rounds especially CB/S prospects due to having Ricardo Colclough Syndrome .... and I do not feel we have the luxury to give a kid a couple years to adjust to the size / speed of the game from small college to NFL level ( not that he needs it but most do ) .....