PDA

View Full Version : What if we move Woodley inside?

Count Steeler
02-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Just had a thought. Worilds plays best when he is subbing for Woodley, and giving him more playing time should make him even better at the OLB. I wonder if the Steelers would consider moving Woodley inside. He would also make the center X blitz more effective. LeBeau seems to be in love with the center blitz. Woodley would be able to take up an interior lineman and make a hole for Timmons.

He is also used to being dropped in coverage, but he would have less area to cover on the inside.

I don't know, what do you think?

zulater
02-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Yeah it makes some sense.

But at the same token if you can get Woodley back playing where he was prior to blowing that hammy against the Patriots in 2011 then he's more dangerous there.

I don't know? Might be something LeBeau could consider?

Psycho Ward 86
02-23-2013, 08:44 PM
well he would be more of a buck, which is what we need, but hell no imo. he is just too damn slow to play chase like a real ILB needs to :lol:

Dwinsgames
02-23-2013, 09:35 PM
if he had Levon Kirkland feet and speed , I would say worth a shot ....but since he does not , my guess is he would get owned by every TE in the league multiple times per game and if you think he has a lot of hammy issues now this experiment would see him play 2 games per year is my guess ....

I like the thought of him inside for the X Blitz but after that I fear it would be pretty ugly

Dwinsgames
02-23-2013, 09:40 PM
at first I thought this was going to be a " move " as in " trade " ......

I would trade him to the Raiders for a 3rd round pick and McClain ( mcclain is then free if he has brain farts ) put McClain in Footes spot and start Worilds outside , Foote becomes built in depth at both inside spots