PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward: Current Chatter Wouldn't Have Gone on When He Was There.

SteelerEmpire
02-22-2013, 12:19 PM
INDIANAPOLIS — Hines Ward doesn't recognize the Pittsburgh Steelers as he sees them today, about a year after leaving the franchise. He also doesn't like what he's hearing.

LINK: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3534225-74/steelers-ward-locker#axzz2LaqeuTdk

NJarhead
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
He's right.

I think there was some complacency about what rules were understood by the current leaders on that team. They'll correct it, but some younger vets need to step up and begin to lead as well.

zulater
02-22-2013, 12:51 PM
This coming from the guy who publicly questioned a teammate (Big Ben) for not playing with concussion like symptoms and claimed their was a divide in the locker room over Ben's unwillingness to play that game.

So where's the difference?

I love Hines, but he's one of those guys who has something to say about everything. If you asked Aaron Smith or James Farrior about the current state of the Steelers locker room and they said it was in "total dissaray" compared to how it was in their time, I'm listening a lot harder.

NJarhead
02-22-2013, 12:57 PM
This coming from the guy who publicly questioned a teammate (Big Ben) for not playing with concussion like symptoms and claimed their was a divide in the locker room over Ben's unwillingness to play that game.

I love Hines, but he's one of those guys who has something to say about everything. If you asked Aaron Smith or James Farrior about the current state of the Steelers locker room and they said it was currently in "total dissaray" compared to how it was in their time, I'm listening a lot harder.

Ouch!

fansince'76
02-22-2013, 02:09 PM

Exactly. I love Hines as much as anybody, but he ran his mouth to the press about things that should have stayed in house himself a number of times. Particularly in regards to Ben, who he never really got along with - a fact that's pretty well-documented.

Anyone else remember the "tall receiver" flap (http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/ward-blindsided-by-big-bens-comments-377538/)? It didn't become an "issue" until Hines caught feelings over it and piped up about it to the media.

And then it made Yahoo's homepage. (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Screenshot1.jpg) Another mountain made out of a molehill by people who had nothing else to write about since it was the offseason.

And just how insignificant was the so-called "rift" that Ben's "tall receiver" request created, according to the linked Yahoo byline? See the following season after that and what the results were. Point being that the 2012 season went off the rails due to Roethlisberger's injury. Period. End of story.

In fact, for all the shit Ben has caught over the years from fans for things he's said to the media, Hines was every bit as loose-lipped as Ben has been accused of being.

tube517
02-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Exactly. I love Hines as much as anybody, but he ran his mouth to the press about things that should have stayed in house himself a number of times. Particularly in regards to Ben, who he never really got along with - a fact that's pretty well-documented.

Anyone else remember the "tall receiver" flap (http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/ward-blindsided-by-big-bens-comments-377538/)? It didn't become an "issue" until Hines caught feelings over it and piped up about it to the media.

And then it made Yahoo's homepage. (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Screenshot1.jpg) Another mountain made out of a molehill by people who had nothing else to write about since it was the offseason.

And just how insignificant was the so-called "rift" that Ben's "tall receiver" request created, according to the linked Yahoo byline? See the following season after that and what the results were. Point being that the 2012 season went off the rails due to Roethlisberger's injury. Period. End of story.

In fact, for all the shit Ben has caught over the years from fans for things he's said to the media, Hines was every bit as loose-lipped as Ben has been accused of being.

QFT

Sent from my Amaze 4G using Tapatalk 2

st33lersguy
02-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Hines would have never tolerated the current chatter and it stinks that the new leadership apparently did. This team needs to rebuild team chemistry if it wants to overtake the Ravens in the division

fansince'76
02-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Hines would have never tolerated the current chatter and it stinks that the new leadership apparently did.

Whatever (http://www.aolnews.com/2009/11/30/hines-ward-calls-out-ben-roethlisberger-for-not-playing/).

X-Terminator
02-22-2013, 08:33 PM
A lot of selective memory going on here...

oneforthetoe
02-22-2013, 10:43 PM
A lot of selective memory going on here...

This. I love Hines but seriously Hines was one of the worst offenders ...... he also called out Plex and some other receivers in his day. Not that Plex didn't deserve it, but still .....glass houses Hines.

SteelerEmpire
02-23-2013, 12:44 AM
This. I love Hines but seriously Hines was one of the worst offenders ...... he also called out Plex and some other receivers in his day. Not that Plex didn't deserve it, but still .....glass houses Hines.

Yep. But the difference is when Hines did it, the result was productive. These current guys "drive right off the cliff " with their brand, and then don't seem to care too much after the fact. I said it before, and I'll say it again. Ward and Co. would have pulled in 3 or 4 SB's if it were not for the Pats and their sinister advantage's. NO WAY the Pats were a better team than the Steelers and Cowher in "at least" 2 of their SB title year's.