PDA

View Full Version : Colbert: No problem in Steelers' locker room

Shoes
02-21-2013, 02:43 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- Kevin Colbert said today he is more disappointed a player would make an anonymous comment about LaMarr Woodley rather than in Woodley's performance itself in 2012, adding that there is no problem with discord in the Steelers locker room.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/colbert-no-problem-in-steelers-locker-room-676345/

86WARD
02-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Lol...okay.

Count Steeler
02-21-2013, 02:59 PM
What is it they say about denial?

Cmon Kevin, admitting there is a problem is the first step in finding the solution. Denial keeps your head in the sand.

steelerdude15
02-21-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it. Antonio has already come out and admitted that there are issues and we're starting to see it with what Ryan and Larry have said. There are issues in the locker room and there doesn't seem to be any leadership from the players to help steer this team in the right direction.

steeldawg
02-21-2013, 04:56 PM
This is damage control after antonio brown outed the entire team!!! Now we will get an offseason of players answering questions about other players and added pressure for people to take on leadership roles that they might not be right for.

Shoes
02-21-2013, 06:55 PM
What is it they say about denial?

Cmon Kevin, admitting there is a problem is the first step in finding the solution. Denial keeps your head in the sand.

Colbert and others have been in denial for some time now. I think it better if they had said nothing.

salamander
02-21-2013, 07:20 PM
I think Kevin needs to take another look.

BlastFurnace
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/Blast_Furnace/Bob.jpg

Shoes
02-21-2013, 09:25 PM
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/Blast_Furnace/Bob.jpg

Man....do I remember Bagdad Bob! :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
02-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Shoes

AColbert and others have been in denial for some time now. I think it better if they had said nothing.

http://youtu.be/8105U1WY9ro

GBMelBlount
02-21-2013, 10:13 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- Kevin Colbert said today he is more disappointed a player would make an anonymous comment about LaMarr Woodley rather than in Woodley's performance itself in 2012, adding that there is no problem with discord in the Steelers locker room.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/colbert-no-problem-in-steelers-locker-room-676345/

Brown works harder than anyone else on the team. He's earned his right to publicly call out Woodsloth, et al as far as I'm concerned. I also say this because I find it very hard to believe the players at issue weren't made well aware of their teammates unhappiness long before this was made public.

I am guessing this was a last resort out of frustration.

86WARD
02-22-2013, 09:28 AM
You don't know that Brown is THE hardest worker on the team. YOu could make a better argument that James Harrison is a "harder worker." I mean Antonio Brown worked out with Mike Wallace and Ocho Cinco...lol. Great workout partners.

tube517
02-22-2013, 05:36 PM
All the fans are infidels :lol:

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk HD

zulater
02-22-2013, 05:49 PM
You don't know that Brown is THE hardest worker on the team. YOu could make a better argument that James Harrison is a "harder worker." I mean Antonio Brown worked out with Mike Wallace and Ocho Cinco...lol. Great workout partners.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Brown-working-hard-ready-to-lead/c217e57f-8d0a-4f0d-b682-58b057ed5a2f

On a bitter cold winter morning, with temperatures hovering in the single digits and most people not wanting to venture outside the comfort of home, receiver Antonio Brown was at the Steelers’ practice facility on the South Side.

With no required workouts until OTAs begin in the spring, Brown didn’t have to be there. He could have easily stayed home, and stayed warm. But instead he stayed on course, as he has done since the season ended, working out one his own either at the team’s facility or elsewhere.

“The battle is ongoing. It’s never ending,” said Brown. “I have taken a break as far as pounding my body, but you have to keep the cardio up, which keeps my strength up.”

Brown’s workouts range from some light weight lifting, to basic cardio to swimming, allowing him to work on breathing, heart rate and endurance.

“You have to do something to better yourself every day,” said Brown. “You have to take a step every day to be your best.

“If you want to be your best, you have to outwork your opponent. My opponent is not just someone I am competing against, but I am my biggest opponent. I know if I compete against myself every day I am working to be my best. That is something I always take pride in, working to better myself.”

steel9guy
02-22-2013, 08:12 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Brown-working-hard-ready-to-lead/c217e57f-8d0a-4f0d-b682-58b057ed5a2f

On a bitter cold winter morning, with temperatures hovering in the single digits and most people not wanting to venture outside the comfort of home, receiver Antonio Brown was at the Steelers’ practice facility on the South Side.

With no required workouts until OTAs begin in the spring, Brown didn’t have to be there. He could have easily stayed home, and stayed warm. But instead he stayed on course, as he has done since the season ended, working out one his own either at the team’s facility or elsewhere.

“The battle is ongoing. It’s never ending,” said Brown. “I have taken a break as far as pounding my body, but you have to keep the cardio up, which keeps my strength up.”

Brown’s workouts range from some light weight lifting, to basic cardio to swimming, allowing him to work on breathing, heart rate and endurance.

“You have to do something to better yourself every day,” said Brown. “You have to take a step every day to be your best.

“If you want to be your best, you have to outwork your opponent. My opponent is not just someone I am competing against, but I am my biggest opponent. I know if I compete against myself every day I am working to be my best. That is something I always take pride in, working to better myself.”

I hope he's working on that forearm strength to prevent fumbles at critical times in games.

zulater
02-22-2013, 08:14 PM
I hope he's working on that forearm strength to prevent fumbles at critical times in games.

I think his issues with the fumbling were more to do with focus than lack of forearm strength. He needs to concentrate more on ball security when he carries it. .

steel9guy
02-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I think his issues with the fumbling were more to do with focus than lack of forearm strength. He needs to concentrate more on ball security when he carries it. .

Yeah I 100% agree. I wish he would hold onto the ball instead of doing that obnoxious showboating like running backwards last year against the redskins. I think the guy can be great if he fixes that stuff.

86WARD
02-22-2013, 09:18 PM

focus? where have i heard that before? oh yeah, one of his workout partners...lol.

oneforthetoe
02-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Does anyone expect a different answer from Kevin Colbert? What else would he say? I think it is a pretty simple formula. Deny there is a problem publicly and fix it privately.

Psycho Ward 86
02-23-2013, 03:24 PM
focus? where have i heard that before? oh yeah, one of his workout partners...lol.

:lol:

steeldawg
02-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Does anyone expect a different answer from Kevin Colbert? What else would he say? I think it is a pretty simple formula. Deny there is a problem publicly and fix it privately.

Its hard when antonio brown is publicly telling everyone the locker room was fractured and guys werent focused on winning.

zulater
02-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Its hard when antonio brown is publicly telling everyone the locker room was fractured and guys werent focused on winning.

Wallace is all but gone and it's not Antonio's fault, so get over it already!

steeldawg
02-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Wallace is all but gone and it's not Antonio's fault, so get over it already!

What does any of this have to do with wallace?

zulater
02-23-2013, 06:49 PM
What does any of this have to do with wallace?

Your attitude towards Brown is shaped by your us versus them mentality concerning Wallace. You may not see it, but many of the rest of us do. :heh:

steeldawg
02-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Your attitude towards Brown is shaped by your us versus them mentality concerning Wallace. You may not see it, but many of the rest of us do. :heh:

Ok so brown say whatever you want to the media, youve earned it your a bonified superstar and the clear cut leader of this team. Please, I like mike wallace and I believe hes a much bigger threat than antonio brown, but if wallace had come out and started doing interviews about stuff in the lockeroom my message to him would be the same. Your problem is you cant stand it when people take a different perspective than you.

zulater
02-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Ok so brown say whatever you want to the media, youve earned it your a bonified superstar and the clear cut leader of this team. Please, I like mike wallace and I believe hes a much bigger threat than antonio brown, but if wallace had come out and started doing interviews about stuff in the lockeroom my message to him would be the same. Your problem is you cant stand it when people take a different perspective than you.

Have you listended to what Brown said and heard it in context? No obviously not.

You're making mountains out of molehills. More than anything he was trying to jump to Woodley's defense and did it in such a ham fisted way that he said a few things that came out wrong. Nothing he said is going to lead to any future problems in the locker room. And there wont be one teammate that's going to feel as he's been attacked by Brown. Again this would be evident to you if bothered to hear what was said in context.