PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers echoing New York Jets' dysfunctional ways

polamalubeast
02-21-2013, 12:34 PM
http://burgh.us/khv

ouch!

Bluecoat96
02-21-2013, 12:41 PM
God...that was like reading something from Bleacher Report.....poorly written and even more poorly researched.

NJarhead
02-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Bah!

When I start hearing reports and rumors about us bringing in every FA, has been, neverwill, and draft bust in the league, then I'll be concerned.

fansince'76
02-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Members of this supposed model franchise are bickering, calling each other out, flocking to radio and television shows in a fashion that would make the Jets blush.

Not even close. Is it time for the draft yet? :coffee:

vader29
02-21-2013, 12:53 PM
The Steelers' cornerback play has been poor for a while. Really? That was one of their bright spots last season.

Craic
02-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Last season was not a mirage. There are personnel issues, chemistry issues. This team is living in the past.At least now we know who really wrote it.

Oh, and CB issues? Our CB play after the first four weeks was some of the best CB play I've seen from this team in years. Author's an idiot.

NJarhead
02-21-2013, 12:56 PM
I wonder if they're hiring writers. It's almost time for my step-sons first job.

Count Steeler
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
I hate the off season.

fansince'76
02-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Another "gem" from that article:

In that context, the comments made recently by defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau seem as if they came right out of the hyperbolic Rex Ryan playbook.
LeBeau told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that the Steelers could've won the Super Bowl if, like the Ravens, they'd gotten good breaks with their health.

Uh, it's true. Nothing hyperbolic about it. This IS the same bunch that lost to Charlie frigging Batch in their backyard in early December. They finished 10-6 after starting 9-2 and losing 4 of their last 5 and pretty much everyone was predicting they weren't going anywhere in the postseason. They got healthy and hot at the right time. Dude needs to pull his head out of his ass and stop playing revisionist history and acting like the Ravens were some unstoppable juggernaut all season and that they were worlds better than the Steelers. They weren't.

Count Steeler
02-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Another "gem" from that article:

Uh, it's true. Nothing hyperbolic about it. This IS the same bunch that lost to Charlie frigging Batch in their backyard in early December. They finished 10-6 after starting 9-2 and losing 4 of their last 5 and pretty much everyone was predicting they weren't going anywhere in the postseason. They got healthy and hot at the right time. Dude needs to pull his head out of his ass and stop playing revisionist history and acting like the Ravens were some unstoppable juggernaut all season and that they were worlds better than the Steelers. They weren't.

If Ray Lewis doesn't announce his retirement, they are a 1st round exit.

That is why I hate the off season. All these loonies come out of the wood work and they make stories because there is nothing else going on.

Bird cage fodder.

polamalubeast
02-22-2013, 05:50 PM
This is a big concern for me

zulater
02-22-2013, 05:58 PM
I think the Steeler fanbase is "echoing our cross state moronic counterparts in Philly by giving credence to all this sky is falling nonsense that is currently in vogue concerning the Steelers.

Moose
02-22-2013, 06:48 PM
:bored: off season .....yawn

Dwinsgames
02-22-2013, 06:49 PM
I think the Steeler fanbase is "echoing our cross state moronic counterparts in Philly by giving credence to all this sky is falling nonsense that is currently in vogue concerning the Steelers.

as the fanbase grow so do the numbers of the ones who are totally clueless ...

nothing worse than someone taking a few statements out of context and making it into a full fledged news worthy article when the entire thesis is based on false premise ....

remember Old and slow ? how fast that story grew legs .... where did that def end up being ranked at seasons end ? people taking 1 snapshot in time and making a long term projection based on 1 game and it was dead wrong ...sure they where old ...sure they looked slow ...... but last I checked how you finish is what you are all about

yes we will have some roster turnover , we always do ... it is not who you cut .... it is how you replace them !

zulater
02-22-2013, 06:52 PM
as the fanbase grow so do the numbers of the ones who are totally clueless ...

nothing worse than someone taking a few statements out of context and making it into a full fledged news worthy article when the entire thesis is based on false premise ....

remember Old and slow ? how fast that story grew legs .... where did that def end up being ranked at seasons end ? people taking 1 snapshot in time and making a long term projection based on 1 game and it was dead wrong ...sure they where old ...sure they looked slow ...... but last I checked how you finish is what you are all about

yes we will have some roster turnover , we always do ... it is not who you cut .... it is how you replace them !

QFT. :nod: