PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown says the Steelers locker room was divided last year

SteelerEmpire
02-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 20, 2013, 12:59 PM EST

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown says his third year with the team was a lot different than his first two.

LINK: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/20/antonio-brown-says-the-steelers-locker-room-was-divided-last-year/

Count Steeler
02-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Kevin and Mike, get the team together and get rid of the cancers. NOW! Salary cap problem solved!

GodfatherofSoul
02-20-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm certain Wallace and Mendenhall were on one side from the way coaches dealt with them.

SteelerFanInStl
02-20-2013, 04:33 PM
These guys need to keep quiet. I'm tired of seeing this crap in the media.

BigNastyDefense
02-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Two people I hope don't come back:

Mike Wallace - He never gave his all the entire season. Sat out most of training camp. He was unhappy because he didn't get his big contract, and it showed in his play and likely in his attitude at practice & in the locker room.

Rashard Mendenhall - He sat out much of the season due to his ACL tear in the finale of the 2011 season. Then when he was told he wouldn't be active for the game against San Diego, he no showed for the game. Put that with his many stupid Twitter ramblings, and it's easy to see he wants to be somewhere else.

Let these two walk. It will help the locker room tremendously.

steeldawg
02-20-2013, 05:47 PM
what the hell antonio??? calling the team out publicly??? That is a cowardly move especially coming from a guy who missed 4 games and cost us 2 victories with 2 costly fumbles. Guys cared more about individual goals than the team and thats why we finished 8-8??? No im sorry we finished 8-8 because of turnovers, injuries, and poor coaching.

X-Terminator
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree with steeldawg on this one. All of this public airing of laundry needs to stop, and right now. You're supposed to keep this stuff in-house. How do you build clubhouse trust and chemistry if you're quick to flap your gums to the media the second something goes wrong?

GoSlash27
02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't fault Antonio at all for what he said.

steelreserve
02-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree with steeldawg on this one. All of this public airing of laundry needs to stop, and right now. You're supposed to keep this stuff in-house. How do you build clubhouse trust and chemistry if you're quick to flap your gums to the media the second something goes wrong?

Hopefully by getting this shit all out of their system before next season starts.

Hell, maybe by blaming everything on the guys who are leaving anyway, it helps the guys staying behind feel better about the situation.

st33lersguy
02-20-2013, 08:57 PM
I can definitely believe that, the team certainly did not play with any chemistry this year

zulater
02-20-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't know, I just don't think things went our way this year. Of our 8 losses 5 were by a measley field goal. We lost to the Browns by just 6 points. On a normal season 2 or 3 more of those go our way and we're in the playoffs.

I don't think things are nearly as bad as people want to portray. Stabilize the o-line, figure out who your rb is. And keep Ben healthy and you're up at about the 12 win level again.

tube517
02-20-2013, 10:29 PM
I don't know, I just don't think things went our way this year. Of our 8 losses 5 were by a measley field goal. We lost to the Browns by just 6 points. On a normal season 2 or 3 more of those go our way and we're in the playoffs.

I don't think things are nearly as bad as people want to portray. Stabilize the o-line, figure out who your rb is. And keep Ben healthy and you're up at about the 12 win level again.

This

SteelerEmpire
02-21-2013, 10:04 AM
what the hell antonio??? calling the team out publicly??? That is a cowardly move especially coming from a guy who missed 4 games and cost us 2 victories with 2 costly fumbles. Guys cared more about individual goals than the team and thats why we finished 8-8??? No im sorry we finished 8-8 because of turnovers, injuries, and poor coaching.

This is the kind of stuff that happens in a house that's "still" divided.

zulater
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM

Obviously you didn't hear or see what he said.

steeldawg
02-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Obviously you didn't hear or see what he said.

I read it, so what? I dont care what the problem is in the locker room thats where you address it not to the media.

zulater
02-21-2013, 06:09 PM
I read it, so what? I dont care what the problem is in the locker room thats where you address it not to the media.

He didn't call the team out. So you're factually wrong.

steeldawg
02-21-2013, 06:18 PM
He didn't call the team out. So you're factually wrong.

saying that guys were focused on their personal goals rather than winning and that directly resulted in us being 8-8 is calling the team out. Theres no reason at all that the teams dirty laundry should be aired publicly, what gives antonio brown the right to point fingers, he hasnt earned anything. Doing this type of stuff in an article instead of in the face of the guys your accusing of being the problem is cowardly.

Count Steeler
02-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Let's not forget where this all started. The "anonymous" Steeler that ragged on Woodley. I am starting to wonder if the Steeler wasn't Tomlin or Colbert, just so they can get this shit out in the open and get it cleaned up.

zulater
02-21-2013, 06:33 PM
saying that guys were focused on their personal goals rather than winning and that directly resulted in us being 8-8 is calling the team out. Theres no reason at all that the teams dirty laundry should be aired publicly, what gives antonio brown the right to point fingers, he hasnt earned anything. Doing this type of stuff in an article instead of in the face of the guys your accusing of being the problem is cowardly.

You just don't like the guy because you're still up ex Steeler Mike Wallace's ass.

He got baited into saying something he shouldn't have by Screaming A Smith. But in context what he said wasn't aimed specific to any one teammate and therefore I don't really see where any would take exception to a fairly sweeping team admonination that went something along the lines that we need to work harder, and no one should have called Woodley out.

steeldawg
02-21-2013, 07:26 PM
You just don't like the guy because you're still up ex Steeler Mike Wallace's ass.

He got baited into saying something he shouldn't have by Screaming A Smith. But in context what he said wasn't aimed specific to any one teammate and therefore I don't really see where any would take exception to a fairly sweeping team admonination that went something along the lines that we need to work harder, and no one should have called Woodley out.

Actually i like the guy, but what he did was wrong and what he said was we had guys who cared more about personal goals than winning, if you want to view that as we need to work harder and nobody should of called woodely out then go ahead but too me thats finger pointing.

zulater
02-21-2013, 07:49 PM
I think we're just making mountains out of molehills. Winning is the best deodorant, have a strong start next September this is yesterday's news and all forgotten.

steelerdiva
02-21-2013, 08:36 PM

Amen! Don't air your problems in public! Somebody from the FO needs to rein this kinda crap in!

GBMelBlount
02-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I agree airing it out in public is the last thing you want...however I think this is happening as a last resort.

These players were likely approached and well aware of the concern over their lazy and selfish behavior and simply didn't care.

fansince'76
02-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I think we're just making mountains out of molehills. Winning is the best deodorant, have a strong start next September this is yesterday's news and all forgotten.

Yep and yep.

zulater
02-22-2013, 05:52 PM
In Defense of Antonio Brown: He's Right

http://joeyporterspitbulls.blogspot.com/2013/02/in-defense-of-antonio-brown-hes-right_22.html

Steeler wide receiver Antonio Brown is right.

Brown has taken a lot of criticism this week both for what he said and how he went about saying it (in public, on ESPN's First Take), but he is absolutely correct, and Joey Porter's Pit Bulls agree it needed to be said -- in public.

Let's get it out there and talk about it. Here's what Brown said:

“We have a lot of young guys. A lot of guys haven’t been around here for the history of this team. I want to make sure guys understand the importance of being here, the tradition and what is required from our peers, coaches and everybody inside this building. You have to know the history of something if you are a part of it. You have to know where it started, where it came from and what it’s about. You know where you are with it now and where you want to go. I can help teach guys about that and take that type of approach. Every man here has to understand the importance of what the Steelers logo stands for, the men that came before us and wore the jersey and we have to understand the importance of it, be humbled by it and work with that mentality.”

What the fuck is wrong with you people?! Exactly what did he say here that would trouble anyone? Christ almighty already!! :frusty:

GBMelBlount
02-22-2013, 07:58 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you people?! Exactly what did he say here that would trouble anyone? Christ almighty already!! :frusty:

Zu, I agree. I personally don't have a problem with this but people who take issue are entitled to their opinion.

zulater
02-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Zu, I agree. I personally don't have a problem with this but people who take issue are entitled to their opinion.

If he had actually said something then yeah I'd agree, there is a valid complaint to be made with what he's said. But really when you see what's beensaid, especially in context it's nothing. Absolute zilch.Therefore I have a hard time affording respect to people who mostly didn't take the time to learn what's actually been said or hear it in context.

86WARD
02-22-2013, 10:36 PM
“It was definitely different — guys weren’t really together,” Brown said.

That's all he needed to say to fuel the fire that is going. One sentence. Before it after that doesn't matter to the media.

steel striker
02-23-2013, 05:41 AM
It's the off season media is always going to stir up BS especially after 8-8 season.

touchdownward
02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Let's face it, in this world of twitter, facebook, uTube and every geek living in their momma's basement having a blog, nothing is "in house" anymore. Zu said it best, winning is the best deodorant.

steeldawg
02-23-2013, 05:44 PM
“It was definitely different — guys weren’t really together,” Brown said.

That's all he needed to say to fuel the fire that is going. One sentence. Before it after that doesn't matter to the media.

but joey porter and pitbull said it was fine so its all good.

zulater
02-23-2013, 06:25 PM
but joey porter and pitbull said it was fine so its all good.

Maybe they should cut him to teach him a lesson?

GodfatherofSoul
02-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Normally I don't like players telling in-house business to the press, but I hope all of this lights a fire under Woodley's fat ass. Next season the microscope will be on his game. If Wallace is still here, people will be chomping at the bit for the first time he acts selfishly again and they'll be all over him. I can see a lot of good coming from this.

steeldawg
02-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Maybe they should cut him to teach him a lesson?

Maybe he should just shut up and worry about taking care of his business on the field, lets face it antonio brown was part of the problem last season so he has no right to point fingers especially publicly