PDA

View Full Version : Starkey: NFL justice a joke

polamalubeast
08-01-2010, 12:02 AM
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a strong message to players Wednesday: It's OK to get in a fight at a strip club as long as it's your first offense under the make-it-up-as-we-go-along personal-conduct policy.

Apparently, it's not that big a deal to drive drunk multiple times, either, but we'll get to that in a minute.

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young had to be jumping for joy when news broke that he would not be suspended for his dust-up at Club Onyx, an "upscale urban gentleman's club" in Dallas. There was nothing gentlemanly about Vinny's behavior that mid-June night. He was caught on video assaulting a man who had used a hand gesture to insult Young's alma mater.

After executing a flawless swim move on a woman seated behind an office door, a raging Young went for the sack. He swung at his insulter. They proceeded to lock horns, you could say, before Young was held back from possibly inflicting serious damage.

Under normal circumstances, I'm not sure I would have issued a suspension, either, but the NFL hardly is operating under normal circumstances these days. Goodell has turned his league into a police state.

read more

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_692918.html

Wheelz
08-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Yeah, there needs to be less gray area. The players association is probably speaking in tongues, at this point.

zulater
08-01-2010, 04:41 AM
To borrow from our good friend Max Talbot, Goodell is a douche.

SMR
08-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Hey, it's Goodell. What do you expect?

Killer
08-01-2010, 08:45 AM
You go Joe!

These are the kind of stories that should be getting national attention on ESPN headline news - - yeah, don't hold your breath.

Burghfan58
08-01-2010, 08:48 AM
And let's not forget Vick. On probation he is hanging with one of his codefendants while a shooting takes place and lies about the time he left the party. Sounds like a suspendable offense to me. Goodell gives him a phone call and tells him to be careful where he hangs out. Complete joke.

solardave
08-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I can remember when Tagliabue came into the league and said he wanted to clean it up. At the time I thought he'd screw it up royally but as it turned out he was a pretty good comissioner. Goodell couldn't be a pimple on Tagliabue's (or Pete Rosell's ass for that matter). Maybe he needs to be forced under oath to tells us who his favorites are (beside the obvious Patriots).

SMR
08-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I can remember when Tagliabue came into the league and said he wanted to clean it up. At the time I thought he'd screw it up royally but as it turned out he was a pretty good comissioner. Goodell couldn't be a pimple on Tagliabue's (or Pete Rosell's ass for that matter). Maybe he needs to be forced under oath to tells us who his favorites are (beside the obvious Patriots).

His favorites are the Cheatriots and himself. 'Nuff said.

wootawnee
08-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Goddell thinks he is GOD-dell......He stands for the cooperations of America.....He stands for the rich oil tycoons and the people that live not like normal humans.......At the Green Bay show the other day he kept saying how he wants to make the NFL better.........I think its been the best darn game since the 60's.........Did you see how he handled that one guy who asked about the NFL network? The fan said that alot of people out there cannot afford NFL Network, and cannot even get it, and basically he said to this guy("Thats how it is sucker,Pay or dont see it)....

First off.......Football does not need changing........It is what it is.....You try to take this ball across that line and I try to stop you and take it across that line.......And I will use everything in my powers to try to distinguish your attempts to get there, and you will try to overcome my powers and use your own to get there......Its been the same since ever.......

Second.......Ben can sue the league(Roger GOD-dell) for suspending him on cival rights issues.....Its surprising how free we are these days, and how our veiws that our fore fathers envisioned and instilled in us when our Constitution was made.......Basically, Rodger GOD-ell is acting like Great Brittain, and the players in the league are like the Colonists........Just about everyone in this land has the same views as our fore fathers,
and understands that we do not want to be told what to do........Or how to Live......

It is called........FREE THINKING.......Which means that one is free to think and to act in a manner that one feels is apropriate......

Three......The progression of our game has to mirror the Constitution of the United States if it is to progress.........We need a panel of ex-players to dictate what these suspensions are if there are any.......Not a man who only represents coorporate america.....

So alright, where are all you ex-players at that want to preserve this game and make things right the way the Cheif would want it?......You guys are the ones that will make this happen and keep our game real..........Mel, Joe, Franco, Staubach, Deirdorf, Madden, Singletary, Deacon, Too Tall, Attkinson, Bradshaw, Mecklinberg, Elway, .......

I am calling you guys out............Step up.....

http://artfiles.art.com/5/p/LRG/20/2065/UR32D00Z/joe-greene.jpg

SteelerFanInStl
08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
So far I've seen quite a few players violating the personal conduct code but only Ben getting suspended. Why didn't Benson get suspended after his umpteenth arrest? It's just ridiculous.

BigNastyDefense
08-01-2010, 01:54 PM
So far I've seen quite a few players violating the personal conduct code but only Ben getting suspended. Why didn't Benson get suspended after his umpteenth arrest? It's just ridiculous.

Simply, and I am not a racist, but it's because he's black. Ben Roethlisberger was suspended because he was a prominent white player and it was Roger Goodell's chance to make him look like he wasn't racist (which I didn't think he was in the first place).

stillers4me
08-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Simply, and I am not a racist, but it's because he's black. Ben Roethlisberger was suspended because he was a prominent white player and it was Roger Goodell's chance to make him look like he wasn't racist (which I didn't think he was in the first place).

And now he looks like an idiot.

st33lersguy
08-01-2010, 03:45 PM
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a strong message to players Wednesday: It's OK to get in a fight at a strip club as long as you are not a steeler

Apparently, it's not that big a deal to drive drunk multiple times, either, but we'll get to that in a minute.

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young had to be jumping for joy when news broke that he would not be suspended for his dust-up at Club Onyx, an "upscale urban gentleman's club" in Dallas. There was nothing gentlemanly about Vinny's behavior that mid-June night. He was caught on video assaulting a man who had used a hand gesture to insult Young's alma mater.

After executing a flawless swim move on a woman seated behind an office door, a raging Young went for the sack. He swung at his insulter. They proceeded to lock horns, you could say, before Young was held back from possibly inflicting serious damage.

Under normal circumstances, I'm not sure I would have issued a suspension, either, but the NFL hardly is operating under normal circumstances these days. Goodell has turned his league into a police state.

read more

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_692918.html

There better

Burghfan58
08-01-2010, 04:25 PM
How about Shawn Rogers of the Browns. Didn't he get nailed carrying a loaded pistol through the airport?

siss
08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
And what about that moron that beat up his pregnant girlfriend? Where is his 4-6 game suspension an behavioral evaluation?

zulater
08-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I think the closest paralell to Ben is Tom Cabell. The only difference is Cable has been charged with some sort of assualt by 4 seperate people, three of which had no problem cooperating with the police to the fullest extent. Anyway it's absol;utely ridiculous that Cabell got off scott free by the league.

Butch
08-01-2010, 09:33 PM
You can quote me on this "Go To Hell Rodger Godell!"

fansince'76
08-01-2010, 10:21 PM
See my sig.

kmsteelerwr15
08-01-2010, 11:15 PM
How about Shawn Rogers of the Browns. Didn't he get nailed carrying a loaded pistol through the airport?

In all honesty this is the one that bothers me the most.

SteelerFanInStl
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Don't forget about the Green Bay Packer who was accused of rape by two different women on the same night. That story disappeared immediately from the news.