PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark: Woodley issue shows Steelers 'fracture'

polamalubeast
02-18-2013, 10:49 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139980/article/ryan-clark-woodley-issue-shows-steelers-fracture?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Count Steeler
02-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Yup, that is a concern for me. The chemistry on this team may be gone. Tomlin has a tough job ahead.

NJarhead
02-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Well, I think Woodley is smart enough to realize how he's viewed by his peers, what's expected of him, and how disappointing his 2012 performance (where applicable) was. And I think (hope and expect) that he will respond accordingly.

polamalubeast
02-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Yup, that is a concern for me. The chemistry on this team may be gone. Tomlin has a tough job ahead.

same for me

Shoes
02-18-2013, 01:51 PM

Tomlin is a big part of the problem....

Clark said what's needed @ the 4:25 mark. "Tomlin needs to set an agenda" My question is why hasn't he? This is disturbing!!!

Craic
02-18-2013, 02:01 PM
I've always been impressed with Clark on the field. This is the first time I've really seen him off the field like this. He impresses me just as much.

GBMelBlount
02-18-2013, 04:32 PM
SOMETHING had to give.

Even us fans saw something has definitely been amiss the last year or two.

I am actually glad they are airing this out NOW, right after the season, and hopefully getting it resolved well in advance of the training camp.

salamander
02-18-2013, 04:57 PM
The past few seasons have been weird (for lack of a better word) by Steelers standards, that's for sure. In my opinion, it starts from the top. Something has to change... and for the record, I don't mean fire anybody; I just wanted to make that clear lol.

tube517
02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
As I have said in another thread: Who exactly are the leaders on this team (besides Ben)? Ben can't do it by himself. I hope he (Clark) steps up more in the leadership role. Someone has to.

X-Terminator
02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Well apparently it's given him the kick in the ass he's needed, because Clark said he is training in Arizona. I fully expect him to come to camp in shape and ready to go. No more scarfing cheeseburgers and watching reruns of Martin. Time to get serious and EARN that contract.

GoSlash27
02-18-2013, 09:02 PM
The past few seasons have been weird (for lack of a better) by Steelers standards, that's for sure. In my opinion, it starts from the top. Something has to change... and for the record, I don't mean fire anybody; I just wanted to make that clear lol.

I gotcha and I agree. The Steelers are all about continuity, and it's not there. I don't blame Tomlin for that. The obies are supposed to take charge organically and as far as I can tell they haven't done that.

Steeldude
02-19-2013, 12:00 AM
As I have said in another thread: Who exactly are the leaders on this team (besides Ben)? Ben can't do it by himself. I hope he (Clark) steps up more in the leadership role. Someone has to.

BR is a leader?

NCSteeler
02-19-2013, 03:57 AM
I blame Tomlin for not having a handle on things, but with that said hard to imagine any team shedding vets the way w have not coming up a bit short on locker room leadership. Farrior and Hines were huge in that area.

BTW, were starting to sound a little bit like the Jets, that's scary.

steelerdude15
02-19-2013, 09:27 AM
This is scary because it shows there are issues that may run deep within this team, but the good thing is that it's coming out now instead of next season.

steel9guy
02-19-2013, 10:19 AM
I really don't see any leaders on this team. Ryan Clark would be the only person I can think of. As much as I like Ben I really don't see him as a major leader at the moment. It's sad because I have high hopes every year but this year who knows because players constantly get arrested or say dumb things on twitter or to the media that will get blown out of proportion and create problems. However I do believe Woodley was terrible last year and overweight.

zulater
02-19-2013, 01:35 PM
If the Steelers straighten out their offensive line, settle on a back that can run effectively. And Ben is fully immersed in the offense, motivated and healthy then the Steelers should get out to a strong start and all of this will soon be forgotten. Talent, health, preperation, and luck are what makes a football team win not chemistry. Put it this way Chemistry doesn't make a team win, but winning makes a tean appaer to have good chemistry.

As far as Woodley is concerned, reading between the lines what I've got is that he worked hard, but not on the right area's of his body. He's become too bulky and muscle bound. I think he's been trying to become James Harrison, and that's not who he is or should try to be. Ike Taylor's guy said that Woodley needs to exercise his legs in a different way to aviod the pulls to become chronic. So hopefully that's how he's concentrating his offseason workouts.

86WARD
02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Larry Foote was bitching about the lockeroom stuff today. Could be problems. Better its going on now than during the season.

86WARD
02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
And now Antonio Brown's running his mouth in regards to the players not being together in the locker room…

zulater
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
And now Antonio Brown's running his mouth in regards to the players not being together in the locker room…

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8965966&categoryid=2378529

NJarhead
02-20-2013, 01:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8965966&categoryid=2378529

Stephen A....Sharpton?

I can't blame A. Brown too much for this. He's young and they're the media.

zulater
02-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Stephen A....Sharpton?

I can't blame A. Brown too much for this. He's young and they're the media.

Going on that show in the first place was his biggest mistake. But honestly seeing what he said in context I don't see where he lobbed any grenades?

NJarhead
02-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Going on that show in the first place was his biggest mistake. But honestly seeing what he said in context I don't see where he lobbed any grenades?

Me either.

I don't know why he'd go on THAT show. I'd have chosen Mike & Mike or something on the NFL Network with the guys who actually played the game. Stephen A. Smiff is an asshole.

GBMelBlount
02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Larry Foote was bitching about the lockeroom stuff today. Could be problems. Better its going on now than during the season.

86ward

Is it me or are the flood gates opening?

It SEEMS to me that some of the guys that work the hardest (I would put foote & brown in that category) are airing out their resentment of those who were lazy and apathetic.

Regardless, I agree, it is probably good they are airing it out now.

NJarhead
02-20-2013, 01:44 PM

It SEEMS to me that some of the guys that work the hardest (I would put foote & brown in that category) are airing out their resentment of those who were lazy and apathetic.

Yep, it'll get resolved. It has to.

BlastFurnace
02-20-2013, 05:17 PM

Foote's comments were right on. I wish all of the Steelers felt this way.

IMO, personally, Ryan Clark needs to either go to the media or be a Steeler. If I was a coach on a team that lost to the Ravens at home and one of my players was in the visiting lockerroom yucking it up with an opposing player like he was (interviewing Ed Reed), I'd be waiting for him when he came back.

jb500ex
02-20-2013, 09:21 PM
you can tell their lazy just look at all the fat ass linebackers timmons woodley worilds. tomlin 100% ius to bla,e i love all the its not his fault for anything. what exactly is he here for because we know he doesnt game plan for an oponent, we know he doesnt adjust during the game, we know they come out flat week after week and we know there are issues. but hey he is a rooney rule guy. i dont care what he is i want a guy that had a great talented team with big time players and win multiple superbowls. 1 sb isnt enough with that team anbd i dont see him getting another he was a horrible coach time to move on

zulater
02-20-2013, 09:23 PM
you can tell their lazy just look at all the fat ass linebackers timmons woodley worilds. tomlin 100% ius to bla,e i love all the its not his fault for anything. what exactly is he here for because we know he doesnt game plan for an oponent, we know he doesnt adjust during the game, we know they come out flat week after week and we know there are issues. but hey he is a rooney rule guy. i dont care what he is i want a guy that had a great talented team with big time players and win multiple superbowls. 1 sb isnt enough with that team anbd i dont see him getting another he was a horrible coach time to move on

Brought to you by the letter T!

:troll:

Shoes
02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Brought to you by the letter T!

:troll:

:chuckle:

fansince'76
02-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Me either.

I don't know why he'd go on THAT show. I'd have chosen Mike & Mike or something on the NFL Network with the guys who actually played the game. Stephen A. Smiff is an asshole.

He truly is a clown. How that loudmouthed fool EVER got his job is beyond me. I still remember years ago when he had the audacity to argue with Bill Walton about the inner workings of the NBA, like he knew more than Walton about it. He's a know-it-all jackass who in reality doesn't know shit. His being obnoxious and talking over people to make his "points" doesn't change it either and makes him all the more insufferable.

However, it is the same so-called "network" that gave Skip Bayless a job, so there ya go...

fansince'76
02-20-2013, 09:43 PM

Time for your Ritalin, kid...

tube517
02-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Time for your Ritalin, kid...

:rofl2:

Bring back Kent Graham and Alonzo Jackson, Fire Rooney Rule Tomlin and the lazy fat azz playas and da Stealers dont knead to pay Da Reffs!

X-Terminator
02-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Why do you people keep responding to that obvious troll? Seriously, he brings NOTHING to the table. He is not worth responding to, and all you are doing is giving him the attention he obviously craves.

SteelerFanInStl
02-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Why do you people keep responding to that obvious troll? Seriously, he brings NOTHING to the table. He is not worth responding to, and all you are doing is giving him the attention he obviously craves.

Yep. I don't even bother reading his posts.

zulater
02-21-2013, 09:33 AM

With all due respect.

Actually I think you're giving him the attention he craves more than the rest of us have. We've been mocking him, no one's addressed any particuliar point he's made or allowed him to get under our skins. With our posts we've more or less treated him as we would an attention craving 3 year old. Just laugh him out of the room and not take him at all serious.

The attention he craves is bothering and or dividing us. Maybe even get someone's anger up enough to have them say something that will endanger their ability to post here.

You're the only one that's risen to the bait as far as I can see.

X-Terminator
02-23-2013, 12:34 PM
With all due respect.

Actually I think you're giving him the attention he craves more than the rest of us have. We've been mocking him, no one's addressed any particuliar point he's made or allowed him to get under our skins. With our posts we've more or less treated him as we would an attention craving 3 year old. Just laugh him out of the room and not take him at all serious.

The attention he craves is bothering and or dividing us. Maybe even get someone's anger up enough to have them say something that will endanger their ability to post here.

You're the only one that's risen to the bait as far as I can see.

Uh, no. Even mocking him and laughing at him is giving him attention. I do not address any of his points at all anymore, and that's what I suggest everyone does. Ignoring him completely is far more effective, and keeps people from getting so angry that they end up getting themselves banned. We have the ignore feature here for a reason (unfortunately I can't put anyone on ignore, so I have to read his drivel). Make use of it and give this person the attention he truly deserves. Which is none.

zulater
02-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Uh, no. Even mocking him and laughing at him is giving him attention. I do not address any of his points at all anymore, and that's what I suggest everyone does. Ignoring him completely is far more effective, and keeps people from getting so angry that they end up getting themselves banned. We have the ignore feature here for a reason (unfortunately I can't put anyone on ignore, so I have to read his drivel). Make use of it and give this person the attention he truly deserves. Which is none.

You deal with him your way we deal with him our way. But we're having more fun! :lol: :wink02:

By the way

If there's absolutely no doubt that he's a troll why not ban him? :noidea:

X-Terminator
02-23-2013, 09:02 PM
You deal with him your way we deal with him our way. But we're having more fun! :lol: :wink02:

By the way

If there's absolutely no doubt that he's a troll why not ban him? :noidea:

Because he hasn't violated the COC...yet? Saying stupid shit doesn't come with an automatic ban.

Craic
02-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Because he hasn't violated the COC...yet? Saying stupid shit doesn't come with an automatic ban.

If it did, Washington D.C. would be a very empty city.

Oh wait, you're talking about this board. :doh: