PDA

View Full Version : Ogletree about to Burfict himself

Dwinsgames
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Ogletree just got a DUI , his 3rd character red flag and perhaps now to the point of tumbling into the later rounds of the draft ...

all the talent in the world can not save guys who do not look out for themselves , teams invest far to much in players financially as well as the cost of the draft picks themselves ( selection are a commodity that is nearly priceless in themselves )

if he has a poor combine ( Burfict) he could go undrafted even .... ???? time will tell

LLT
02-17-2013, 10:10 AM
This is the guy I talked about before....incredible talent but I never really considered him as a legitimate choice for the Steelers in the first round because of his baggage. I mean this guy KNOWS teams have him under a microscope, and he can't even keep it clean until after the draft.

Dwinsgames
02-17-2013, 10:40 AM
I had him as a 3rd rounder before , because of the off field stuff ..... now I have a hard time envisioning spending a 4th or 5th on him because he just don't get it ....

if he shows poorly at the combine ..... he could be another Burfict and go undrafted

43Hitman
02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
So if he's there in the 6th or 7th, do we take a flier on him?

Dwinsgames
02-17-2013, 11:45 AM
So if he's there in the 6th or 7th, do we take a flier on him?

I say yes , hell I wanted to take Burfict in the 5th last year and thus far he has proven very worthy next week who knows LOL

teams just have to decide when does the reward outweigh the risk and that is the point he will ultimately get drafted ... it only takes 1 team to say ok now is the time to take a chance

Count Steeler
02-17-2013, 05:53 PM
He can join Adams and Ta'amu as the new breed of Steelers.

Texasteel
02-17-2013, 08:35 PM
I say yes , hell I wanted to take Burfict in the 5th last year and thus far he has proven very worthy next week who knows LOL

teams just have to decide when does the reward outweigh the risk and that is the point he will ultimately get drafted ... it only takes 1 team to say ok now is the time to take a chance

If they start trading down in the draft like a few of us would like, a later round gamble would be far less painful.

LLT
02-17-2013, 11:47 PM
I dont know....If the Steelers can take a 2nd round flyer on a guy who failed a drug test....I'm thinking one of the teams that care NOTHING about character may take him in the 2nd/3rd after a DUI.

Thats right Cincinatti....I'm talking to you.

GBMelBlount
02-18-2013, 06:06 AM

I agree.

While no one wants a team that is riffraff or miscreant laden, these type of occurrences should be seen as opportunities imo.

By more thoroughly vetting these players and taking them in the later rounds (when it makes sense) you mitigate risk and can find gems that can make the difference.