PDA

View Full Version : Steelers: Salary Cap Breakdown by Position

GBMelBlount
02-17-2013, 07:11 AM
When you see people like Lewis becoming likely cap casualties due to very poor contract decisions it REALLY hurts.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will have one sole focus the next several weeks. That will be to get under the league's projected $121.5 million salary cap for the 2013 season. Currently, the Steelers sit almost $12 million over that figure.

There are sure to be some tough decisions, sad goodbyes and financial juggling during the weeks leading up to free agency and then the draft.

Here's a current look at where the Pittsburgh Steelers are at each position as well as some thoughts on how they might proceed in this fiscally tight season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1530066-latest-salary-cap-breakdown-for-the-pittsburgh-steelers/page/12

43Hitman
02-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Its definitely going to be a painful off-season for us fans, but it's necessary. I really hope we find a way to keep Lewis, he's the best corner we've had in a very long time.

steelreserve
02-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Heh, I like how they didn't even have Wallace on the list of our free agents.

Dwinsgames
02-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Its definitely going to be a painful off-season for us fans, but it's necessary. I really hope we find a way to keep Lewis, he's the best corner we've had in a very long time.

I think Cortez Allen is even better and will have a better career when it is all said and done ..

but I though that last off season too

GBMelBlount
02-17-2013, 09:55 PM
I think Cortez Allen is even better and will have a better career when it is all said and done ..

but I though that last off season too

Cortez Allen may have more raw ability and long term potential but right here, right now...signing Lewis would be best imo.

steelreserve
02-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Could be but ... since "open market" value is about 150-200% of what's reasonable, that means someone is probably going to shove $8M a year in his face and we just can't afford that. It'll serve them right if he doesn't live up to it, since I've never been a fan of handing out big contracts based on half a season.

Basically this year is going to suck unless 4 or 5 draft picks or young guys on the roster emerge at positions that are question marks for us - RB, CB, LB, DL. We don't have the cap space to do anything but watch the team crumble this year; only question is how bad. Thanks, Woodley.