PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward: "I Feel For Carson Palmer"...

SteelerEmpire
07-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Hines Ward on Bengals acquiring Terrell Owens: 'I feel for Carson (Palmer)'

Hines Ward became the second member of the Pittsburgh Steelers in as many days to poke fun at the Cincinnati Bengals' acquisition of Terrell Owens.

Steelers offensive lineman Max Starks said Friday that the Bengals were "trying to become the Miami Heat of the NFL."

On Saturday, Ward expanded on that in comments to the New York Post:

"(Terrell Owens), Antonio (Bryant) and Chad (Ochocinco) together? I feel for Carson (Palmer). We'll see how Carson handles that."

Owens and Ochocinco have consistently brushed off criticism of putting the high-profile receivers together since Owens joined the team earlier this week. Both have said there will be enough passes to go around.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/hines-ward-on-bengals-acquiring-terrell-owens-i-feel-for-carson-palmer/1

polamalubeast
07-31-2010, 06:59 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

solardave
07-31-2010, 07:01 PM
YUK YUK!! It will be fun to watch the chaos unfold.

steelerdude15
07-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Going to be interesting how this year turns out for them.

polamalubeast
07-31-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.steelersgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Ward.jpg

tony hipchest
07-31-2010, 11:01 PM
i think ive heard enough from the peanut gallery. the steelers just need to go out and play ball.

i feel sorry for them losing twice to the bungles last year when they had chad + nobodies.

Shea
07-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Actually, Palmer always has seemed to come across to me as a very patient QB.

I've seen a ton of games where Chad was acting up and in his face and he just rolls with it. Personally, I wouldn't be able to do that and would tell him to STFU but Carson seems to have a laid back personality.

If any QB can handle this situation, I would think it would be him.

siss
07-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Actually, Palmer always has seemed to come across to me as a very patient QB.

I've seen a ton of games where Chad was acting up and in his face and he just rolls with it. Personally, I wouldn't be able to do that and would tell him to STFU but Carson seems to have a laid back personality.

If any QB can handle this situation, I would think it would be him.
TO has eaten lesser QB's for breakfast!

I hope the inevitable implosion happens on national television against the Steelers.

Shea
08-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Don't get me wrong here - I'm so looking forward to seeing what type of implosion adding TO to the roster will create. I just think it will be mainly contained within the WR corps, or beyond to the chaos it creates within the lockeroom.

Of course I'll never root for a Bungle ever, but I've always kind of respected Palmer.

He'll be able to handle it, but will the rest of the team?? - God, I hope not! :chuckle:

siss
08-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Don't get me wrong here - I'm so looking forward to seeing what type of implosion adding TO to the roster will create. I just think it will be mainly contained within the WR corps, or beyond to the chaos it creates within the lockeroom.

Of course I'll never root for a Bungle ever, but I've always kind of respected Palmer.

He'll be able to handle it, but will the rest of the team?? - God, I hope not! :chuckle:

Turn in your terrible towel...
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Killer
08-01-2010, 12:21 AM
ha ha ha

Chad Ono and TO won't get the ball for a different reason

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/91655675.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0E53CCA5A0FF5920A 55052AB340443BB6862C36D0E0119CF9E30A760B0D811297

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JqK74ZE9RBw/S_QfD2YxndI/AAAAAAAAAho/S2etJ2r-5pk/s320/Bengals-c_palmerBLOOD.jpg

CantStop85
08-01-2010, 01:04 AM
If it makes you feel any better, Chad made T.O. carry his pads during training camp. :chuckle:

Terrell Owens carries Chad Ochocinco's pads

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2010 8:53 AM ET
We never expected players carrying each other's pads back to the locker room after training camp practices to become one of the most talked-about stories during the summer of 2010, but here we are: New Bengals receiver Terrell Owens is carrying the pads for teammate Chad Ochocinco.

Owens isn't a rookie, but he is the new guy in Cincinnati, and he says he's fine with carrying Ochocinco's pads for as long as he's no longer considered the new guy.

"I guess until he tells me I'm good to go," Owens said. "I don't have a problem with it. Whatever Chad says, Chad gets."
Rest of article:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/31/terrell-owens-carries-chad-ochocincos-pads/

Galax Steeler
08-01-2010, 07:25 AM
http://www.steelersgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Ward.jpg

Damn that pic never gets old.

SMR
08-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Damn that pic never gets old.
So true............... :rofl:

SMR
08-01-2010, 07:35 AM

Hines Ward became the second member of the Pittsburgh Steelers in as many days to poke fun at the Cincinnati Bengals' acquisition of Terrell Owens.

Steelers offensive lineman Max Starks said Friday that the Bengals were "trying to become the Miami Heat of the NFL."

"(Terrell Owens), Antonio (Bryant) and Chad (Ochocinco) together? I feel for Carson (Palmer). We'll see how Carson handles that."

Owens and Ochocinco have consistently brushed off criticism of putting the high-profile receivers together since Owens joined the team earlier this week. Both have said there will be enough passes to go around.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/hines-ward-on-bengals-acquiring-terrell-owens-i-feel-for-carson-palmer/1

I can't wait to see the the Drama Queens against us!

Ochostinko, T.O. and Bryant: :smileystooges:

stillers4me
08-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Maybe we'll "special" packages mailed from both of them.

SMR
08-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Maybe we'll "special" packages mailed from both of them.

Great idea! :yay3::yay3::yay3:

st33lersguy
08-01-2010, 08:27 AM
I feel for Carson too, he will now have to put up with 2 selfish players whining about wanting the ball every play, none of which are Carson's #1 reciever his entire career. When one of these two start complaining, ochosucko's big mouth will chastise the person and you will have nuclear war in the locker room

MasterOfPuppets
08-01-2010, 03:10 PM
If it makes you feel any better, Chad made T.O. carry his pads during training camp. :chuckle:

Rest of article:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/31/terrell-owens-carries-chad-ochocincos-pads/

"I guess until he tells me I'm good to go," Owens said. "I don't have a problem with it. Whatever Chad says, Chad gets."

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2010/07/29/1TerrellOwens_20100729224922_600_400.JPG

BigNastyDefense
08-01-2010, 06:48 PM
So he will have the following guys in his ear:

Chad Crotchostinko
B.O.
Antonio Crybaby
Jermaine Gresham

Yeah Carson....have fun with that....so much yapping you won't be able to get the play called.

SMR
08-01-2010, 06:58 PM
So he will have the following guys in his ear:

Chad Crotchostinko
B.O.
Antonio Crybaby
Jermaine Gresham

Yeah Carson....have fun with that....so much yapping you won't be able to get the play called.

Wow, that is truly a quarterback's nightmare. It's practically a huddle full of divas!

polamalubeast
12-28-2010, 12:38 PM

:amen: :tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2010, 12:52 PM
So when the Bengals beat the Chargers...were either Ocho or Owens actually on the field?

hey how bout that, with both those Jackholes out for the game, Palmer went 16/21 269 yards 4Tds for a passer rating of 157.2. for perspective, perfect passer rating is 158.3.

So maybe Carson isn't the problem with that offense after all.

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Aren't both T.O and Ochocinco under contract years? It would be interesting if they were both gone. I actually think they could cope pretty well. Gresham, Shipley, Caldwell, and Simpson are good enough weapons to throw to.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Aren't both T.O and Ochocinco under contract years? It would be interesting if they were both gone. I actually think they could cope pretty well. Gresham, Shipley, Caldwell, and Simpson are good enough weapons to throw to.

I think both are gone. I don't know about Palmer, not sure if the ownership wants to get rid of their "franchise" QB, I think you are right, get the drama queen's off the roster and lets see if Palmer can't "be the man" and not have to live in the shadow of some drag queen look at me jackhole for a season.

Ocho would be a hot ticket on the market for a team needing a 2nd receiver. Owens will find a home with a team like the Jags or something.

Someone should pick up Moss, Ocho and Owens in the same season. Put all 3 of them on the same offense and just go 5 wide every play and see what the heck happens. I say if you take one, should you take all 3. Put them all on the Panthers and lets see what happens.