PDA

View Full Version : Wallace To The Browns?

Shoes
02-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Read this in Rotoworld

According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, "many" in the Steelers' organization believe the division-rival Browns will sign free agent Mike Wallace.

No worries Woodley can cover him. :chuckle:

st33lersguy
02-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Go ahead Cleveland, sign him to a big cap-space eating contract and then watch him put forth little effort because he got his big payday and doesn't feel he has much else to play for (since Wallace blatantly showed he was that kind of guy)

Shoes
02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Go ahead Cleveland, sign him to a big cap-space eating contract and then watch him put forth little effort because he got his big payday and doesn't feel he has much else to play for (since Wallace blatantly showed he was that kind of guy)

He'll put forth a big effort when they play us....you can count on that.

st33lersguy
02-11-2013, 09:48 PM

Yep and against no one else

SteelerFanInStl
02-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Who's going to throw him the ball?

fansince'76
02-11-2013, 11:11 PM

Let Clark hit him a time or two early in the game...he doesn't like to be hit and when he starts hearing footsteps it tends to take his head right out of the game, as we've all seen.

Seven
02-12-2013, 12:44 AM

Weeden could hit him. But they hired Mike Lombardi, who hates Weeden, and is too lacking in talent evaluation to be able to find anyone better, therefore probably no one good.

steeldawg
02-12-2013, 05:36 AM

what do you mean he showed hes that kinda guy??? What payday did he get?? He may not of had a stellar year last season but lets kid ourselves there is a reason teams want him and are willing to pay.

NJarhead
02-12-2013, 06:20 AM
This makes me laugh. Better them than the Ravens or Bengals.

SteelerEmpire
02-12-2013, 09:31 AM
The Browns will give Wallace a taste of the REAL NFL. He'll get to the Clowns and realize that the Steelers were a "dream job". He won't stay 3 seasons...and then the job hopping begins.

86WARD
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Before or after his bout with staph infection?

NJarhead
02-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Before or after his bout with staph infection?

Hey, they've got about a 2 year streak with no staph infections by now, no? lol

Devilsdancefloor
02-12-2013, 11:12 AM
He can go to the stains, this is what he deserves. plus i wouldnt worry about him to much trying to get the best of the steelers once a CB gets into his head (Just talking smack with him it would seem) he disappears.

NCSteeler
02-12-2013, 11:29 AM

Ryan Mallet??

st33lersguy
02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
what do you mean he showed hes that kinda guy??? What payday did he get?? He may not of had a stellar year last season but lets kid ourselves there is a reason teams want him and are willing to pay.

I mean he showed clear as day his primary motivation is money and not playing footnall. If he is given his big pay day, he will lose most of his motivation to play and not put forth the effort. There are plenty of talented free agents who have signed bug contracts and turned into busts, players who have made far less gripes about money than Wallace, and players who actually stepped up their contract years

Psycho Ward 86
02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
I mean he showed clear as day his primary motivation is money and not playing footnall.

thats an extraordinarily naive thing to say. you really think all of these people would be willing to sacrifice so much of their time and energy just to play a game? 1 in 17 high school football players make it into a college football team. Only 0.09% of high school football players are eventually even drafted in the 1st players. You can use your imagination to figure out how many actually do well enough to make an actual living off of playing football. Of course its about money. Even practice squad players make 6 figures. They rarely get even a chance to be activated. You think they stick around for the joy of practicing and never playing? lol.

- - - Updated - - -

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/nfl-draft4.htm

steeldawg
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
I mean he showed clear as day his primary motivation is money and not playing footnall. If he is given his big pay day, he will lose most of his motivation to play and not put forth the effort. There are plenty of talented free agents who have signed bug contracts and turned into busts, players who have made far less gripes about money than Wallace, and players who actually stepped up their contract years

he didnt clearly show anything except he had a down year. Wallace did not make that big of a gripe about money he held out for the preseason, omg !! Wallace did step up in his contract year and the 2 years before that but he didnt get the contract he wanted, so he played last year for 2.7 million. So you got wallace sitting on a payday, the steelers gave AB the contract basically telling wallace we are not going to be able to sign you, If wallace didnt put his career on the line for a franchise who was probably getting rid of him anyway, i dont really blame him.

st33lersguy
02-12-2013, 11:04 PM
he didnt clearly show anything except he had a down year. Wallace did not make that big of a gripe about money he held out for the preseason, omg !! Wallace did step up in his contract year and the 2 years before that but he didnt get the contract he wanted, so he played last year for 2.7 million. So you got wallace sitting on a payday, the steelers gave AB the contract basically telling wallace we are not going to be able to sign you, If wallace didnt put his career on the line for a franchise who was probably getting rid of him anyway, i dont really blame him.

Did he have to carry a bad attitude throughout the season? Did he have to drop nearly every football that came in his direction? Even in those circumstances he could have still played hard and not quit on the team. Wallace came across as a guy with no character and a guy who just quits his team when he doesn't get his way. Bad character guy I wouldn't want on my team and a guy I can't depend upon to put forth a full effort.

7willBheaven
02-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Another team to add to the growing list of teams that are supposed to sign him.

Boh
02-13-2013, 11:02 PM
I want him out of the Division. lol

steelreserve
02-15-2013, 01:41 AM

He showed that he's a griping sourpuss who gives 100% effort if and when he feels like it, that's what.

Basically this summarizes my thoughts about Wallace:

http://i.imgur.com/e5XRDVe.jpg