PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NFL Free Agents

Shoes
02-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Here's a list of free agents. What are your thoughts on picking up a few players?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/2013-nfl-free-agents?pg=1

Dwinsgames
02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Here's a list of free agents. What are your thoughts on picking up a few players?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/2013-nfl-free-agents?pg=1

I did not even look because we are worse off than dead broke and may see some of our own players that are currently under contract join that list very soon ......

st33lersguy
02-09-2013, 09:00 PM
I could go for a few role players who are willing to sign for a cheap amount of money

salamander
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Do we even have any extra money to sign free agents? Our cap room space is in the shitter to begin with.

Shoes
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
I did not even look because we are worse off than dead broke and may see some of our own players that are currently under contract join that list very soon ......

:chuckle:

steelreserve
02-09-2013, 11:10 PM
My thoughts are that that list is the same as those maps in video games where there's a ton of stuff on the other side of a fence but no way to get to it - it's just there to piss you off.

Shoes
02-09-2013, 11:20 PM
My thoughts are that that list is the same as those maps in video games where there's a ton of stuff on the other side of a fence but no way to get to it - it's just there to piss you off.

:chuckle:

Dwinsgames
02-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Ok I will play along but with prerequisites , players must be had on the cheap and for the most part will not be household names for the average person off the street ......

The value list that could contain some decent value ... all these guys may not end up being signed to " value contracts" but most should be based on age , or lack of being a true starter thus far but still have enough talent to upgrade or sustain our roster .....

QB
Drew Stanton
Matt Moore
Bruce Gradkowski

RB
Javon Ringer
Kahlil Bell
Brian Leonard

WR
Ramses Barden
Plaxico Burress
Louis Murphy

0-Line
*Max Starks
*Bryant McKinnie
*Ramon Foster

Linebackers

Larry Foote
*Dannell Ellerbe

DBs

Will Allen
Leodis McKelvin
*Melvin Bullitt

* = doubtful of enough of a value to give serious considerations but you never know

Heinz Hitman
02-10-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm not even going to look at the list yet. Probably just piss me off. lol We don't have enough money right now to sign our own guys, let alone any outside help. If they can pull off some kind of salary cap miracle that would be great. I would like to have some of the players on your list, D. I think Drew Stanton would be a real nice backup QB and Melvin Bullet could be a nice pickup for us.

86WARD
02-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Mckelvin would help the return game...while giving experience to the back end of the D.

steelerdude15
02-10-2013, 08:37 PM
The Steelers won't make a big splash in free agency. They just can't do it because of the cap, but even if the cap wasn't an issue, they still wouldn't do anything in it.

Mojouw
02-11-2013, 09:34 AM
I'll play along:

Matt Moore - QB

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - cheap incentive laden deal to pair a vet with a draft pick

Ramses Barden - WR - shores up position grouping going into the draft

J. Cook -TE - I know this is not even a remote possibility because of the $$. But I don't see Miller coming back effectively next year, if at all. Paulson doesn't really look like the starting TE on a championship team. Something needs to be done.

Keith Rivers - LB - again solidify a position group so it is not a screaming need in the draft.

Any safety not named Ryan Mundy. Let him steal a game check from another franchise.

Psycho Ward 86
02-11-2013, 06:32 PM
ellerbe is the future for the ravens at IlB. shouldnt even be up there. one of their rising stars it looks like too

st33lersguy
02-11-2013, 07:08 PM
ellerbe is the future for the ravens at IlB. shouldnt even be up there. one of their rising stars it looks like too

If they tie too much money into Mr. Unibrow and Ellerbe's agent goes around asking for a lot of money, then he could be a free agent (though if he is asking for a lot he won't end up in Pittsburgh anyway)

Psycho Ward 86
02-12-2013, 07:11 PM
If they tie too much money into Mr. Unibrow and Ellerbe's agent goes around asking for a lot of money, then he could be a free agent (though if he is asking for a lot he won't end up in Pittsburgh anyway)

anything that hurts the ravens sounds good to me. id love to see a big flacco contract annihilate their cap for a long time

st33lersguy
02-12-2013, 08:58 PM
anything that hurts the ravens sounds good to me. id love to see a big flacco contract annihilate their cap for a long time

Especially since Flacco won't deserve the money

Seven
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Ok I will play along but with prerequisites , players must be had on the cheap and for the most part will not be household names for the average person off the street ......

The value list that could contain some decent value ... all these guys may not end up being signed to " value contracts" but most should be based on age , or lack of being a true starter thus far but still have enough talent to upgrade or sustain our roster .....

QB
Drew Stanton
Matt Moore
Bruce Gradkowski

RB
Javon Ringer
Kahlil Bell
Brian Leonard

WR
Ramses Barden
Plaxico Burress
Louis Murphy

0-Line
*Max Starks
*Bryant McKinnie
*Ramon Foster

Linebackers

Larry Foote
*Dannell Ellerbe

DBs

Will Allen
Leodis McKelvin
*Melvin Bullitt

* = doubtful of enough of a value to give serious considerations but you never know

All the quarterbacks would be solid. Everyone is saying Stanton headed to Arizona to start for Arians though - I hope it's true. I've always wanted him to get a shot.

I still think Brian Hoyer could be re-signed and developed.

Ringer would be fine. Bell is a diva and Leonard is more of the same compared to what we already have, in my opinion.

Murphy is the only one of those receivers I've seen show much in the last couple of years.

I like all the DB suggestions.

7willBheaven
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Ramses Barden and LB Larry Grant

Seven
02-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Ramses Barden and LB Larry Grant

Grant would be a fantastic addition. I wasn't aware he was a UFA.

7willBheaven
02-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Grant would be a fantastic addition. I wasn't aware he was a UFA.

Yup last year he was an RFA and was tendered. Now with Bowman and Willis both having long term deals (if i remember correctly)...he'll only get to play on ST and if either of them get hurt. And he played well against the Steelers a couple years ago and has the ability to be a starter...but yet probably won't command huge money yet.