PDA

View Full Version : Chances are the Steelers open Thurday Night in Baltimore?

Edman
02-04-2013, 12:49 AM
The Ravens and Harbitch would love to rub their new trophy in Tomlin's face.

bayz101
02-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Not likely. Last year was a rare instance in which Divisional opponents faced off against one another, and i'm expecting something along the lines of Ravens-Patriots in Baltimore, to be honest.

zulater
02-04-2013, 05:35 AM
That game's in Baltimore BayZ? If so, that makes a lot of sense. Two straight years in the AFC title game, that would be your impact game to open the season.

Just wonder if Robert Kraft and Hoodie wouldn't want it or not?

stillers4me
02-04-2013, 05:39 AM
The Ravens and Harbitch would love to rub their new trophy in Tomlin's face.

And I'm sure our guys would like nothing better than to shove it up their ass. :chuckle:

tube517
02-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Whatever gets the most ratings and Pittsburgh vs Raisins would get the best. Raisins/Pats* would probably be 2nd choice.

But, no Ray Ray dances anymore so that's a plus

st33lersguy
02-04-2013, 01:55 PM
I'd have to imagine that it would be Pittsburgh going up against Baltimore. That is the fiercest rivalry in the NFL. It wasn't Pittsburgh-Baltimore to open 09 because the Ratbirds requested not to play in the opener (you'll never hear Pittsburgh pulling b.s. like that). Besides I think the rivalry has escalated since that time

Hindes204
02-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I'd have to imagine that it would be Pittsburgh going up against Baltimore. That is the fiercest rivalry in the NFL. It wasn't Pittsburgh-Baltimore to open 09 because the Ratbirds requested not to play in the opener (you'll never hear Pittsburgh pulling b.s. like that). Besides I think the rivalry has escalated since that time

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Is this Groundhog Day? Lol

steelerdude15
02-04-2013, 02:44 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What happened st33lers? :chuckle:

st33lersguy
02-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Is this Groundhog Day? Lol

No a problem with the computer

salamander
02-04-2013, 07:14 PM
I can definitely see the Steelers opening up in Baltimore on Thursday night.

KeiselPower99
02-04-2013, 08:06 PM
I want to see this right off the bat!!!! There isnt a better rivalry than Pittsburgh and Baltimore!

SteelerFanInStl
02-04-2013, 08:21 PM
I want to see this right off the bat!!!! There isnt a better rivalry than Pittsburgh and Baltimore!

I don't because as is typical for the Steelers, we won't be ready.

salamander
02-04-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't because as is typical for the Steelers, we won't be ready.

Sounds about right, unfortunately.

steelerdude15
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
I definitely could see this happening. We're going to play our first game against them in Baltimore this year. However, there are a few other match ups that may take place in week one. The Ravens host the Packers, Patriots, and Texans. I could definitely see one of these four teams (including the Steelers) playing against the Ravens in week one.

XxKnightxX
02-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Unless we look shitty on paper, this is a no brainer pick. Plus I want to buy a damn ticket before my personal schedule gets tightened up.

86WARD
02-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Nice to start the season 0-1.

My bet would actually be Patriots/Ravens...rematch.

zulater
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
NFL has plenty of good options for Ravens’ Week One home opener

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/nfl-has-plenty-of-good-options-for-ravens-week-one-home-opener/

As the Super Bowl champions, the Ravens will be the home team for the NFL’s Thursday night opener on September 5, and the good news for the NFL (and NBC) is that the Ravens have a very good slate of home opponents in 2013, from a TV ratings perspective.

The Ravens’ home opponents in 2013 are the Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Patriots, Jets, Texans, Packers and Vikings. Of those, only the Browns can be eliminated: There’s no way the league will put Cleveland in the marquee Week One opener............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

Of the AFC games, one stands out as the best of the bunch: Patriots-Ravens, a rematch of the last two AFC Championship Games. The Patriots and the Ravens have developed a great rivalry in recent years, and they’ve played some excellent games that have drawn huge TV ratings. The Ravens have a great slate of home games in 2013, but none is better than the Patriots game, and that’s probably the one we’ll all be watching on the first Thursday night in September.

Crow-Magnon
02-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Of the AFC games, one stands out as the best of the bunch: Patriots-Ravens, a rematch of the last two AFC Championship Games. The Patriots and the Ravens have developed a great rivalry in recent years, and they’ve played some excellent games that have drawn huge TV ratings. The Ravens have a great slate of home games in 2013, but none is better than the Patriots game, and that’s probably the one we’ll all be watching on the first Thursday night in September.

I'd rather see this than the Steelers. Why? Well....glad you asked!

Although one team would start 1-0 and their rival 0-1, I prefer to see Ravens-Steelers and Steelers-Ravens more along the Week 8 and Week 14 lines, where games are really starting to mean something. And the weather is more of your typical AFC North fall/winter stuff, and not fans in shorts and tank tops like in SD. Well, if their fans show up, that is. :applaudit:

But, if it is Steelers-Ravens at M&T Bank, it will be a great game as always.

NJarhead
02-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I'd rather see this than the Steelers. Why? Well....glad you asked!

Although one team would start 1-0 and their rival 0-1, I prefer to see Ravens-Steelers and Steelers-Ravens more along the Week 8 and Week 14 lines, where games are really starting to mean something. And the weather is more of your typical AFC North fall/winter stuff, and not fans in shorts and tank tops like in SD. Well, if their fans show up, that is. :applaudit:

But, if it is Steelers-Ravens at M&T Bank, it will be a great game as always.

Maybe Ed Reed can sing the national anthem. haha

Yikes! Rumor has it that M&T was swamped with horny cats shortly after he was done singing "two tickets to paradise." :chuckle:

Crow-Magnon
02-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Good thing Reed can play football, 'cuz he can't sing worth a damn!!!

steelreserve
02-06-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm almost certain we'll open in Baltimore. Unless they somehow figure out a way to have us play a doubleheader on the road in Denver.

NJarhead
02-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Good thing Reed can play football, 'cuz he can't sing worth a damn!!!

Agreed. Nice guy, has a lot to say, plays great ball....not a big time singing act, Crow. haha

steel9guy
02-07-2013, 09:41 PM
I believe it's our turn to play baltimore on Sunday Night football in baltimore which makes perfect sense to have us as the opener against them. However I also think the Pats will be playing that night. And I hope so because knowing the Steelers they will lay an egg in this type of game sadly. Although 2013 is different than 2012.