PDA

View Full Version : Bettis inspired Super Bowl XL run

stillers4me
02-02-2013, 03:45 PM
As Steelers’ players arrived at the airport hanger to depart for Super Bowl XL in Detroit, Michigan, they gathered around linebacker Joey Porter who was handing out jerseys.

Not Steelers’ jerseys, but instead green Notre Dame jerseys bearing No. 6, the number Jerome Bettis wore in college. Bettis, who was in his 13th and what his teammates knew would be his final season, had never played in a Super Bowl. And now the Steelers were heading to one in his hometown of Detroit to play in the biggest game of Bettis’ career.

Wearing the jerseys was their way to salute Bettis, the all-everything running back and team’s inspirational leader, as he was set to take flight on the trip of a lifetime...........

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bettis-inspired-Super-Bowl-XL-run/3af51d6d-a866-48ee-a8ae-3c8095f012f6

Psycho Ward 86
02-03-2013, 12:21 PM
he sure did. which is why im surprised so many steeler fans pick the 9ers to win it when clearly the regular season is irrelevant in the postseason, the hot team is ALWAYS a threat, and ray lewis is way more iconic to the ravens than bettis is the steelers (and thats saying something).

Count Steeler
02-03-2013, 12:24 PM
he sure did. which is why im surprised so many steeler fans pick the 9ers to win it when clearly the regular season is irrelevant in the postseason, the hot team is ALWAYS a threat, and ray lewis is way more iconic to the ravens than bettis is the steelers (and thats saying something).

When I heard Lewis announce his retirement, I had a feeling the Ravens would go all the way. I haven't changed my mind. What I didn't count on was that Flacco would be exalted as the game changer.

Butch
02-03-2013, 04:52 PM
IMHO the rats shoulda lost to the broncos. While the officiating was horrible that game the broncos have nobody to blame but themselves.