PDA

View Full Version : Keisel predicts rebound for Steelers as he makes the rounds at the Super Bowl

stillers4me
01-31-2013, 05:15 PM
NEW ORLEANS -- Brett Keisel likes the Baltimore Ravens.

"I'm not really pulling for them," the veteran Steelers defensive end explained, lest fans back in Pittsburgh get the wrong idea. "But I do feel like they're going to win. I just feel like they're fighting for a lot right now, to send Ray Lewis out on a championship like we did with the Bus."

Jerome Bettis went out on top in his hometown of Detroit seven years ago, and, while Lewis never called New Orleans home, it will do for him and the Ravens if they win in what the great linebacker has announced will be his final game.

"When teams get like that and you're fighting for something bigger, especially for how much all those guys respect and love Ray -- just like we did for Jerome -- there's something in that. Baltimore's hot. Even in games this year when it looked like there was no way they were going to win, they seemed to find ways to do it. That's why I feel they will."

Keisel is in New Orleans under the sponsorship of Head & Shoulders, making his rounds at radio row in the media center. He would prefer to be here under different circumstances, as he was two years ago in Texas, four years ago in Tampa, seven years ago in Detroit.

"It is so hard to get to this game. I'll never forget after we lost in Dallas, I was bummed out. My wife said, 'It's all right, you'll be back.' I told her, it's so hard to even just get to this game. When you get into the playoffs, the competition is so great and the pressure is so great. It really means a lot when you do make it and you do win it."

But can the Steelers make it back anytime soon after their 8-8 swoon? Keisel knows he will lose more longtime teammates to the castoff pile, and that some others may go elsewhere on their own. If, however, they are to reach another Super Bowl, he said their young players will have to do more than they did in 2012...............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/keisel-sees-rebound-for-steelers-as-he-makes-the-rounds-at-the-super-bowl-672778/#ixzz2Jb7ewHXc