PDA

View Full Version : Steelers possibly preparing to release Ryan Clark

vader29
01-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Ryan Clark may be nearing the end of his career in the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Clark has become a leader by example during his tenure in Pittsburgh, since signed as a free agent released by the Washington Redskins. A bone-crushing enforcer using his physical play to uphold the standard, Clark had become the standard.

Unfortunately, the salary cap has no mercy for aging veterans who have earned every single penny of their modest pay.

Off the field, Clark had also become a leader for the Steelers social networking campaign, setting benchmarks for interactivity between players and fans, primarily on Twitter. His personal attachment to his team's fanbase has led Clark to speak on behalf of #SteeleersNation.

Today, Clark's twitter account has been shut down, with no explanation.

Read more: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/28/3924364/steelers-roster-rumors-release-retire-ryan-clark-2013-salaary-cap-nfl

zulater
01-28-2013, 07:40 PM
I saw him on ESPN this afternoon on the Scott Van Pelt show. He was in good spirits talking about the game, himself, the Steelers etc.... My guess on the reason his twitter was shut down was because he's in New Orleans! And if I was in New Orleans with money in my pocket during Super Bowl week I wouldn't be effing tweeting either!!!!

salamander
01-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Ugh. :pout:

zulater
01-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Ugh. :pout:

I think the story's bullshit. Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22.

Ryan was on the Van Pelt and Russilo show today. Looked great and was in great spirits.

vindrow
01-28-2013, 07:51 PM
This is why I hate the off season.

zulater
01-28-2013, 07:53 PM
http://sulia.com/steelersdepot/

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark was a guest Monday on the ESPN NFL Live set to talk about the upcoming Super Bowl between the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers. During his short interview Clark was asked by host Trey Wingo if it is tough on him that the Steelers rival is playing for the championship instead of his own team.

"I mean its different obviously," Clark said. "We are not two teams that root for one another, but when you look at what the Ravens did, as a football fan, you enjoy it - Ray Lewis coming back and re-energizing the team and winning extremely big games. It's been the big debate in Pittsburgh. Do we want the 49ers to have six titles or do you want to deal with the Baltimore Ravens for a year?"

Wingo then asked Clark what the answer is to that question.

"There's no doubt," Clark said. "Let the 49ers have six and we'll try to win seven next year."

This seems to be an about face by Clark, who has openly shown his support for the Ravens and Lewis via his Twitter account before unexpectedly deleting it on Sunday. Because of that support, Clark has faced a ton of criticism from the Steeler fan base, most of which think that Clark in no way should be rooting for the Ravens no matter who he is friends with.

As far as the rest of the interview, Clark was not asked about his sudden disappearance from Twitter and he only added some thoughts on the safety aspect of the game. His wife Yonka Clark, however, said on Sunday via her Twitter account that her husband had deleted his account in order to focus more on his rehab and offseason training.

Clark is down in New Orleans this week making the media rounds because he lives just outside the city in Marrero, LA.

stillers4me
01-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Ryan was getting alot of BS on twitter for his support of Ray Lewis........I'm betting he got tired of it and just shut down for a while. He's threatened to so it before when fans get shitty with him. His wife says it's because he's rehabbing and training. Either way, I don't think we'd cut off our nose to spite our face. Ryan just had an awesome year and I see him retiring a Steeler in 1 or 2 years.

I think he shut down twitter one other time, if I recall.

zulater
01-28-2013, 07:58 PM
It would make no sense for the Steelers to cut Ryan Clark, and it wont happen! Who the fuck do they think is going to play safety for the Steelers next season if clark is gone?!!! :doh: :frusty:

Sorry, but this thread just pisses me off! And no that's not aimed at Vader, it's aimedat the website Behindthesteelcurtain! Must be some morons running that fucking site!

zulater
01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Just checked twitter, not one normally reliable Steelers source has anything related to Ryan Clark being released by the Steelers for cap reasons or any other reason.

Put this thread to bed. It's just made up nonsense. :coffee:

SteelerFanInStl
01-28-2013, 08:10 PM
It would make no sense for the Steelers to cut Ryan Clark, and it wont happen! Who the fuck do they think is going to play safety for the Steelers next season if clark is gone?!!! :doh: :frusty:

Sorry, but this thread just pisses me off! And no that's not aimed at Vader, it's aimedat the website Behindthesteelcurtain! Must be some morons running that fucking site!

Yes, 100%. It would be absolutely idiotic for the Steelers to cut Ryan. He's been our best defensive player the last two years and he doesn't have a huge salary.

These people are idiots.

I wish that all professional athletes would shut down their twitter accounts.

Craic
01-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Post 1

Post 2.

Post 3.

Sorry, but this thread just pisses me off!

Post 5

Yeah, I'd say so! :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
01-28-2013, 08:21 PM
sounds like bull like most of you said. many many candidates to be possibly cut before ryan clark. MANY

Count Steeler
01-28-2013, 08:25 PM
If true, big mistake. Don't buy it for now. Need a more credible source.

Dwinsgames
01-28-2013, 08:26 PM
sounds like bull like most of you said. many many candidates to be possibly cut before ryan clark. MANY

many many many many from my perspective , then again I am not Colbert for if I was we would have never drafted Alonzo Jackson or Ricardo Coclough ( sp ) or many many many other guys we wasted picks on ....

sure I would have had LOTS of failed picks but they would not have been second rounders

fansince'76
01-28-2013, 08:29 PM
This is why I hate the off season.

Same here. The bullshit speculation by bloggers, particularly after a disappointing season, goes through the roof. Jumping to the conclusion that a player is about to become a cap casualty solely on the basis of a closed Twitter account is one of the bigger reaches I've seen, though. :coffee:

Heinz Hitman
01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I have to agree with Zu. No way they cut Clark. A perfect example of things being blown way out of proportion in the offseason to generate a story. Him and Timmons were easily our best defensive players this year. Only the Browns or Jets would cut somebody as important to their team as Ryan is.

zulater
01-28-2013, 08:33 PM
If true, big mistake. Don't buy it for now. Need a more credible source.

Credible source? More like no source. All it is is speculation based on a closed twitter account.

Hell the idiot couldn't even make a case on how it would make sense from a cap standpoint.

Ryan Clark isn't hiding from the media or anyone else. He's been out in the open all day down in New Orleans.

SteelerEmpire
01-28-2013, 10:43 PM
I read this article and conclude: It's gonna be a longggggggggg Steelers' fan off-season.

blackngldblood
01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
if clark goes, whats gonna stop polamalu from deciding not to come back. not get cut, but decide not to come back. those two are like peas in a pod and if the steelers ignorantly cut clark, i could see polamalu walking away. when asked if polamalu and clark ever considered retiring together, clark responded "we've had this talk before".