PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

venom
07-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Congrats and Good Luck on your wedding . You will make a beautiful bride .

http://i13.tinypic.com/8fwe8wn.jpg

Shea
07-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Classless. :doh2:

tony hipchest
07-30-2010, 10:06 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

i thought we already had a "make fun of democrats and post stupid pictures" thread. :doh2:

does anyone really think this is conversation or even thread worthy?

its not.

pretty much a worthless piece of bandwidth, and the type of redundancy that clogs up the forum (not to mention the flaming and baiting)

:coffee:

SSDD

tony hipchest
07-30-2010, 10:08 PM
crap should go in the toilet.

just because you CAN shit on the floor, doesnt mean you should.

tony hipchest
07-30-2010, 10:14 PM
please curb your dog...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4LITdDmjvg&feature=related

venom
07-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Its so sad. I want to wish someone a very happy day and get bashed for it. Some people ( and you know who you people are ) are never satisfied.

Shea
07-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Its so sad. I want to wish someone a very happy day and get bashed for it. Some people ( and you know who you people are ) are never satisfied.

Bullshit.

You were making fun of her.

Her parents chose to dedicate their lives to politics, so bash them, but leave her out of it.

Or better yet, how about spending less time posting and dedicating that time instead in finding a way to grow the hell up. It's greatly needed.

venom
07-30-2010, 10:25 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/ObamaToiletPaper2.JPG

tony hipchest
07-30-2010, 10:30 PM
woohoo! spam.

yay spam!

Mach1
07-30-2010, 11:19 PM
http://i13.tinypic.com/8fwe8wn.jpg

Looks like Ronald McDonald without makeup.

Wallace108
07-31-2010, 04:10 AM
Her parents chose to dedicate their lives to politics, so bash them, but leave her out of it.

That was true when her dad was president and she was still a little girl. Now she's an adult who hit the campaign trail with her mom ... she's fair game.

Godfather
07-31-2010, 05:08 PM
That was true when her dad was president and she was still a little girl. Now she's an adult who hit the campaign trail with her mom ... she's fair game.

Palin's kids were on the campaign trail. You're OK with the libs attacking them??

Oh, and this is NOT a bad looking woman:

http://www.topnews.in/usa/files/chelsea_clinton.jpg

stillers4me
07-31-2010, 08:36 PM
http://i13.tinypic.com/8fwe8wn.jpghttp://thekosmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Hillary-Clinton.jpg

I'd never guess who her mother is............

Geesh........you libs can't take a joke.

st33lersguy
07-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Is this about Chelsea Clinton's wedding or whether or not Chelsea Clinton is ugly, right now I can't tell

stillers4me
07-31-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm sure she was lovely today.

And I mean that sincerely.

X-Terminator
07-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Venom, seriously...did you REALLY have to post that picture of Chelsea? You knew damn well that it was going to cause a shitstorm in here, something that we're trying to STOP from happening. You could have posted a much more flattering picture of her.

venom
07-31-2010, 09:45 PM
I googled Chelsea Clinton and thats the first picture that spitted up . Maybe the owners of that site is anti -Chelsea:nervous:

X-Terminator
07-31-2010, 10:07 PM
I googled Chelsea Clinton and thats the first picture that spitted up . Maybe the owners of that site is anti -Chelsea:nervous:

Yeah, but you still didn't have to post it - at least not give it it's own thread. It just was not a good idea.

Killer
07-31-2010, 10:40 PM
I bet Bill hit it

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01245/Chelsea-Clinton_1245595i.jpg

http://imgsrv.nightswithalicecooper.com/image/nwac/UserFiles/Image/chelsea-clinton.jpg

Wallace108
07-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Palin's kids were on the campaign trail. You're OK with the libs attacking them??

You're comparing underage kids who have no choice in the matter to an adult who can make her own decisions?? :coffee:

Shea
07-31-2010, 11:51 PM
http://i13.tinypic.com/8fwe8wn.jpgGeesh........you libs can't take a joke.

Anyone can take a joke, and I believe the majority here have enough of a sense of humor to do so, myself included.

But this was tacky and shouldn't be funny to anyone on either side of the aisle.

It's getting a tad old how ugly people are being when it comes to politics, and although I get that, I will still voice my opinion on it when I see fit.

Leave the children of politicians alone, that's all I'm after. And if you think about it, it's a reasonable and mature thing to do.

Venom, seriously...did you REALLY have to post that picture of Chelsea? You knew damn well that it was going to cause a shitstorm in here, something that we're trying to STOP from happening. You could have posted a much more flattering picture of her.

I totally agree, stupid thread.

But stupid threads have never been scarce on here or SF.

It's nice to see atleast that the thread hasn't been closed down.

Wallace108
07-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Leave the children of politicians alone, that's all I'm after. And if you think about it, it's a reasonable and mature thing to do.

Shea, she's not a child. She's an adult who has taken an active role in politics. Like I said earlier, she's fair game.

Shea
08-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Shea, she's not a child. She's an adult who has taken an active role in politics. Like I said earlier, she's fair game.

She's not fair game.

She's the daughter of two politicians. She loves her mom and dad, so of course she is going to be by their side just like we all do with our own parents.

C'mon guys, talk up all the shit you want about the Clinton's, but leave her alone, especially on her wedding day.

Wallace108
08-01-2010, 12:23 AM
She's not fair game.

She's the daughter of two politicians. She loves her mom and dad, so of course she is going to be by their side just like we all do with our own parents.

C'mon guys, talk up all the shit you want about the Clinton's, but leave her alone, especially on her wedding day.

George W. Bush is the son of a politician, so according to your reasoning, no one should say anything negative about him.

Seriously, she's not the little girl who we came to know while her dad was president. She's an adult who actively campaigned for Hillary. I'm not sure what's confusing about this. :noidea:

Shea
08-01-2010, 12:28 AM
George W. Bush is the son of a politician, so according to your reasoning, no one should say anything negative about him.

C'mon Wally, what kind of reasoning is that on your part??

Yes, he would be of limits, yet unlike the rest of what this thread is about HE CHOSE to enter the political spectrum and run for president.

The two aren't comparable. :doh2:

Wallace108
08-01-2010, 12:43 AM
C'mon Wally, what kind of reasoning is that on your part??

Yes, he would be of limits, yet unlike the rest of what this thread is about HE CHOSE to enter the political spectrum and run for president.

The two aren't comparable. :doh2:

That's where we disagree, GP. Bush chose to run for governor and then president, and Chelsea chose to campaign for Hillary. Therefore, they both CHOSE to put themselves in the political spectrum.

MasterOfPuppets
08-01-2010, 01:05 AM
That's where we disagree, GP. Bush chose to run for governor and then president, and Chelsea chose to campaign for Hillary. Therefore, they both CHOSE to put themselves in the political spectrum.

big difference there.. bush GAVE people reasons to criticize him as president and he earned it on his own merit.. chelsea has not.

Mach1
08-01-2010, 01:52 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

i thought we already had a "make fun of democrats and post stupid pictures" thread. :doh2:

does anyone really think this is conversation or even thread worthy?

its not.

pretty much a worthless piece of bandwidth, and the type of redundancy that clogs up the forum (not to mention the flaming and baiting)

SSDD

But it's OK if we call her a tard right?

Wallace108
08-01-2010, 09:31 AM
big difference there.. bush GAVE people reasons to criticize him as president and he earned it on his own merit.. chelsea has not.

I think Chelsea has given us reasons to criticize her. She has spoken at public forums on political issues. Whether or not she's an elected official, she chose to step into the political spotlight and opened herself up to criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEYgk1EHBM&feature=related

venom
08-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Wheres the free speech ? Ohhhh . I forgot , its only free speech when a liberal agrees with it .

Godfather
08-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Wheres the free speech ? Ohhhh . I forgot , its only free speech when a liberal agrees with it .

So, it's OK for you to say whatever you want, but being called out for it violates your Constitutional rights?

The irony of your post is you basically said you're allowed to say whatever you want and nobody has the right to disagree with you.

venom
08-01-2010, 09:56 AM
They can- more power to them

tony hipchest
08-01-2010, 09:57 PM
i could care less if anyone wants to bash chelsea clinton (personally i think anyone who would waste more than a single post against her is obsessed and kinda pathetic).

i dont know her. i didnt vote for her. i am not her supporter or follower. i most certainly couldnt give a damn about her wedding.

if she died in a car wreck, im sure i would offer my condolences, although im sure the starter of this thread would post pictures of happy faced balloons and birthday cakes in 3-4 different threads.

and therein lies the problem... its not the attack of the subject, its the blatant disregard for common forum rules and etiquette.

theres already a thread set up for these meaningless posts that are absolutely non worthy of any type of conversation on a footblall board. nobody cares but the OP. the constant bolded font, double post spamming in multiple threads, posting articles w/o links, flaming, and baiting, etc...

the issue here is that even tim lumber shows more discretion and MB couth than the OP.

and for that, the OP should be ashamed and embarrassed of himself.

HometownGal
08-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Personally, I think Chelsea was a lovely bride and I don't give a rat's ass whose daughter she is. She is also a very intelligent young woman who is working on her second Masters Degree and I give her mad props.

http://www.blogcdn.com/hot.aol.com/media/2010/08/chelsea-mark.jpg

Godfather
08-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Oh, the irony.

vasteeler
08-02-2010, 07:37 AM
its o.k. venom i think some people have lost their sence of humor

LLT
08-02-2010, 07:53 AM
It's getting a tad old how ugly people are being when it comes to politics, and although I get that, I will still voice my opinion on it when I see fit.

Totally agree.

It's nice to see atleast that the thread hasn't been closed down

People disagreeing with each other isnt a reason to shut down a thread

Or better yet, how about spending less time posting and dedicating that time instead in finding a way to grow the hell up. It's greatly needed.

THIS IS!!!!

Consider it a warning. No way around it...that is a personal attack.

tony hipchest
08-03-2010, 11:08 AM
THIS IS!!!!

Consider it a warning. No way around it...that is a personal attack.

ric was banned, shea was warned, and this crap goes unchecked. i thought this forum was gonna be moderated neutrally, and not from a particular side of the aisle. :noidea:

X-Terminator
08-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Excuse me, tony, but I'm not on the board every hour of every day and don't get to read every thread. The post has been deleted.

tony hipchest
08-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Excuse me, tony, but I'm not on the board every hour of every day and don't get to read every thread. The post has been deleted.in all fairness to you XT, LLT had to have seen and read it, yet he chose to single out shea, and let that one slide.

the fact that you saw it fit for removal suggests that not only the posters are unsure of what is allowed or not, but perhaps the mods arent quite on the same page as well.

you gotta see how that could come off as favoritism to a particular side of the aisle to the casual observer, no?

X-Terminator
08-03-2010, 12:43 PM
in all fairness to you XT, LLT had to have seen and read it, yet he chose to single out shea, and let that one slide.

the fact that you saw it fit for removal suggests that not only the posters are unsure of what is allowed or not, but perhaps the mods arent quite on the same page as well.

you gotta see how that could come off as favoritism to a particular side of the aisle to the casual observer, no?

The mods are all on the same page, I assure you. We would not have hired them as mods if we thought for a second that they wouldn't be able to do the job, and do it well. They also have the ability to do their jobs without the admins constantly looking over their shoulders. I'm going to assume that the picture was overlooked, and not deliberately so. None of us are perfect, nor are we going to catch every little thing that happens on the board. We also do not play favorites here, and I really resent the implication that we do. All we want is for everyone to be able to air their opinions like mature adults without the sideshow stuff and not-so-subtle jabs at other members. That's it. If everyone did that, then we wouldn't have to revisit this conversation seemingly every week. I'd like to focus on other, positive things about our site and board rather than have to always get in the middle of e-fights between members.

SteelerSal
08-03-2010, 12:50 PM
All we want is for everyone to be able to air their opinions like mature adults without the sideshow stuff and not-so-subtle jabs at other members. That's it. If everyone did that, then we wouldn't have to revisit this conversation seemingly every week. I'd like to focus on other, positive things about our site and board rather than have to always get in the middle of e-fights between members.

I second this...

tony hipchest
08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
understood.

im just pointing out that there really seems to be a trend in what is overlooked. if the implication is resented, then maybe it should be looked into because that is the image that is being portrayed to the casual observer and eventually perception becomes reality.

ric has been mercilessly flamed on this board, just like leftoverhard was elsewhere, for doing nothing more than having a contrary opinion.

(and for the record, i think both debated their opinion like mature adults)

Indo
08-03-2010, 03:00 PM
When does the season start?

At least then we can all agree that the Bungals suck and Tom (fading into mediocrity) Brady is gay

Shea
08-03-2010, 03:24 PM
the posters are unsure of what is allowed or not

This is where I'm at.

I don't know what flies anymore.

On SF I never felt this way, and before anyone gets offended - and please don't, I do appreciate the new forum - but there seems to be a shift on what is previously known among members, as far as the rules go, in which I can't quite figure out yet.

SF, and all the people here that left that forum and came here are what made the original forum so successful. We can continue that here too as long as the structure doesn't change.

If it ain't broke before, why think it needs to be fixed now?

Does that make sense?

LLT
08-04-2010, 05:12 AM
in all fairness to you XT, LLT had to have seen and read it, yet he chose to single out shea, and let that one slide.

IN all fairness Tony....None of the mods have the time to read every single post...and I DID miss the post that was deleted. Had I seen it...it would have been dealt with.

You need to get over the "favortism" angle...its getting old.

If you reported this post as being "out of line", I most certainly didnt recieve the pm or email. I dont appreciate the implication that i saw a flaming post and looked over it becauseof biasm. Like I said...in the future if you see a post that needs to be dealt with...report it....dont whine about it and make accusations...AFTER the fact.

Shea was kind enough and mature enough to send me a pm and say that she had crossed the line....so all the parties involved in the situation are now on the same page.

The WH
08-04-2010, 05:22 AM
IN all fairness Tony....None of the mods have the time to read every single post...and I DID miss the post that was deleted. Had I seen it...it would have been dealt with.

You need to get over the "favortism" angle...its getting old.

If you reported this post as being "out of line", I most certainly didnt recieve the pm or email. I dont appreciate the implication that i saw a flaming post and looked over it becauseof biasm. Like I said...in the future if you see a post that needs to be dealt with...report it....dont whine about it and make accusations...AFTER the fact.

Shea was kind enough and mature enough to send me a pm and say that she had crossed the line....so all the parties involved in the situation are now on the same page.
sounds kinky

LLT
08-04-2010, 06:12 AM
sounds kinky

well......yeah, it is.

(Not to mention that its early ...and people are pissing me off)

BIASM!!!!! DAMNIT!!!!!!

Okay...better.

HometownGal
08-04-2010, 07:24 AM
This is where I'm at.

I don't know what flies anymore.

On SF I never felt this way, and before anyone gets offended - and please don't, I do appreciate the new forum - but there seems to be a shift on what is previously known among members, as far as the rules go, in which I can't quite figure out yet.

There should be absolutely no confusion on what flies here, Shea. There is a COC which has its own forum and the very simple rules we ask everyone to follow are clearly stated. We had rules over at SF, too, but because The Invisible Man had a stipulation before Gary and I were ever appointed as Mods that HE was the ONLY person who could ban a "Bronze Member" (members with over 5,000 posts), our hands were tied with regard to being able to fully carry out the COC which HE implemented. Though SU is made up primarly of us SF refugees, this is NOT SF - it is Steelers Universe and all we ask is that every member review our COC and follow it.

and all the people here that left that forum and came here are what made the original forum so successful. We can continue that here too as long as the structure doesn't change.

Shea - you had absolutely no idea what Gary and I had to deal with over at SF because we did the mature thing and tried to keep what we felt were private matters with regard to members off of the open board. A couple of members had pretty much a "free pass" over there, but that will NOT be the case here. SU is continuing to grow and as soon as we obtain our .com designation in a week or two, I anticipate a lot more traffic around here. What you view as SF "being successful" wasn't truly the case, as Gary's and my PM boxes were full daily with complaints from members who didn't want to deal with some of the shit that was going on between members over there and we most definitely don't want the same complaints to be carried over here because of the same bullshit.

If it ain't broke before, why think it needs to be fixed now?

Does that make sense?

It WAS broken, as I stated above. We just tried our damndest to keep it off the open board.

Hopefully this is the end of us having to explain our every move and our members will work with us, instead of against us, to make this board into what we know it can be. :drink:

The WH
08-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Hopefully this is the end of us having to explain our every move and our members will work with us, instead of against us, to make this board into what we know it can be. :drink:we have the night club. mission accomplished

Arkiesteel
08-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Is it sept 12 yet LOL

suitanim
08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Absolutely astonishing.

The hypocrisy is stupefying. I don't post here for one simple reason, and it's one I've stated over and over again: I will NOT change the way I post for any reason, and this board cannot and will not accept that posting style. I'm politically incorrect. I speak my mind. If I see stupidity, I call out the stupidity because calling a stupid post from a stupid person is NOT a personal attack, it's simply stating what to most sound and sane people is an obvious fact. But on this board that won't fly, so I don't post anymore.

I didn't whine about it. I didn't post attention whoring threads about it. I just quietly left after emailing the owners that I was leaving.

But I still read here, and I can't keep my mouth shut anymore after reading some of the absolutely ridiculously vapid and intellectually vacant nonsense that has been posted as of late.

The problem is simple...the same people who absolutely demanded that every post be scrutinized, the same people who constantly PM'd the mods at the old board because so and so offended their delicate sensibilities, the very same whiny babies who can dish and dish and dish but can't accept the tiniest bit of criticism, are now complaining that the over-moderated board that THEY DEMANDED isn't really what they wanted?!?!?! They want to go back to the old ways?

Astonishing!

I particularly enjoy seeing the worst culprits who post exactly the same way I do acting as if they are somehow the vanguards of the PC now...it's just........I cannot even summon the words to describe how pathetically childish and transparent and sophomoric it all appears to someone reading from the outside in.

You guys asked for this...and you have it...stop bitching about it for Christ's sake!

HometownGal
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Absolutely astonishing.

The hypocrisy is stupefying. I don't post here for one simple reason, and it's one I've stated over and over again: I will NOT change the way I post for any reason, and this board cannot and will not accept that posting style. I'm politically incorrect. I speak my mind. If I see stupidity, I call out the stupidity because calling a stupid post from a stupid person is NOT a personal attack, it's simply stating what to most sound and sane people is an obvious fact. But on this board that won't fly, so I don't post anymore.

I didn't whine about it. I didn't post attention whoring threads about it. I just quietly left after emailing the owners that I was leaving.

But I still read here, and I can't keep my mouth shut anymore after reading some of the absolutely ridiculously vapid and intellectually vacant nonsense that has been posted as of late.

The problem is simple...the same people who absolutely demanded that every post be scrutinized, the same people who constantly PM'd the mods at the old board because so and so offended their delicate sensibilities, the very same whiny babies who can dish and dish and dish but can't accept the tiniest bit of criticism, are now complaining that the over-moderated board that THEY DEMANDED isn't really what they wanted?!?!?! They want to go back to the old ways?

Astonishing!

I particularly enjoy seeing the worst culprits who post exactly the same way I do acting as if they are somehow the vanguards of the PC now...it's just........I cannot even summon the words to describe how pathetically childish and transparent and sophomoric it all appears to someone reading from the outside in.

You guys asked for this...and you have it...stop bitching about it for Christ's sake!

I'm sorry you feel that way, Randy, but we simply are NOT going to allow flame fests or baiting on this board. That only attracts garbage shit-stirrers and that is not what we envision for SU. For the most part, I truly enjoyed your input and hope at some point you might reconsider your stance. We'll keep in touch as we always have I hope?

I think this thread has outlived its worth, as well. Time to retire it.