PDA

View Full Version : senior bowl

Dwinsgames
01-24-2013, 01:38 PM
practices have shined some light on some nice prospects , some came out looking much better than expected while others .... not so much

got to love Mobile

Dwinsgames
01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
some of my sleepers have got a lot of press the past few days and are no longer sleepers ...

Brandon Williams

Robert Alford

made themselves some money the past few days from late round fliers / sleepers to middle round prospects .... time to look for some new " sleepers"

LLT
01-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Former QB Denard Robinson is having more trouble than anticipated in his switch to Wide Reciever. He is liguid lightning but is having problems with mechanics. Not making sharp cuts..drifting on routes....having to be repositioned at the line.

The old saying is "you cant teach speed"....but Im not sure if Tomlin is willing to draft a "one trick pony"...unless its as a gamble in the 7th round or a UDFA pickup. For right now, it seems that he is destined to be a Raider.

Dwinsgames
01-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Former QB Denard Robinson is having more trouble than anticipated in his switch to Wide Reciever. He is liguid lightning but is having problems with mechanics. Not making sharp cuts..drifting on routes....having to be repositioned at the line.

The old saying is "you cant teach speed"....but Im not sure if Tomlin is willing to draft a "one trick pony"...unless its as a gamble in the 7th round or a UDFA pickup. For right now, it seems that he is destined to be a Raider.

well a few years back maybe .. Al Davis would have salivated over him , however since Al is resting comfortably at the Great Combine in the sky ... who knows where the kid ends up

Chidi29
01-25-2013, 12:07 AM
It was a rough week for him but that isn't exactly surprising. When you have to think as much as he does playing a new position, you don't play as fast. And that's his biggest asset. As he learns more and more, he'll play faster.

Now whether he'll become a quality receiver is another story. QB to WR transition is spotty. For your Randle Els, you get Matt Jones and Isiah Stanbacks.

LLT
01-25-2013, 01:58 AM
well a few years back maybe .. Al Davis would have salivated over him , however since Al is resting comfortably at the Great Combine in the sky ... who knows where the kid ends up

Should have used the sarcasm smiley.

LLT
01-25-2013, 02:08 AM
It was a rough week for him but that isn't exactly surprising. When you have to think as much as he does playing a new position, you don't play as fast. And that's his biggest asset. As he learns more and more, he'll play faster.

Now whether he'll become a quality receiver is another story. QB to WR transition is spotty. For your Randle Els, you get Matt Jones and Isiah Stanbacks.

Isaiah Stanback? Wow...I had forgotten about him. Looks like he is still floating around the league.

Steeldude
01-25-2013, 10:59 PM

Sounds like a perfect replacement for Wallace, with the added bonus of being cheaper.

Chidi29
01-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Sounds like a perfect replacement for Wallace, with the added bonus of being cheaper.

Robinson is a huge question mark. Anyone drafting him is going in knowing there's a solid chance it won't work out. He shouldn't be the replacement for anyone. He's a project.

Seven
01-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Isaiah Stanback? Wow...I had forgotten about him. Looks like he is still floating around the league.I believe the Jags tried to make him a tight end? At a shade over 200 lbs I don't get it.

Chidi29
01-26-2013, 07:07 PM
I believe the Jags tried to make him a tight end? At a shade over 200 lbs I don't get it.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Reggie Williams?

st33lersguy
01-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Are you sure you're not thinking of Reggie Williams?

No it was coke-snorter Matt Jones, QB from Arkansas and they tried him at wide receiver

Dwinsgames
01-26-2013, 09:13 PM
its the Jags ... http://www.nfl.com/player/isaiahstanback/2495747/profile

he is listed at 6'2" 228 though so a bit more than a shade over 200