PDA

View Full Version : Collin Klein struggles in Shrine game

Dwinsgames
01-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Former Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein started for the East, but struggled. Trailed by questions about his throwing motion going in, he completed just 5 of 13 passes for 43 yards and an interception ....

http://articles.kwch.com/2013-01-19/collin-klein_36436917

SteelerFanInStl
01-19-2013, 07:55 PM
He's not an NFL QB.

Dwinsgames
01-19-2013, 07:56 PM
He's not an NFL QB.

some thought he may be , I do not see it

LLT
01-20-2013, 08:49 AM
some thought he may be , I do not see it

It was one game.

Heck....Colby Cameron, of Louisiana Tech, only had three completions for 33 yards, and threw an interception. This is a QB who threw for 31 TD's this year with only 5 interceptions.

In the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, Kansas QB Dayne Crist passed for a touchdown and rushed for another to earn Most Valuable Player honors....this is a player that finished 2012 with just 103 completions and four touchdowns.

What can you truly know based on any players one game?

Klein has never been talked about on this board with the caveat of saying that he has a hitch in his throwing motion that a QB coach would need to work on. Even so....He was still a combined 22-6 as the starter for Kansas State and led the Wildcats to three conference championships. This year he had the 2nd best completion rate (64.8%) in school history and was elusive enough to post 79 TD's in the last two years.

Is he a first day pick? .....no.

Is he worth a late round gamble?.....definately.

SteelerFanInStl
01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
I've seen Klein play a number of times throughout his career. Most of his success has been because of his ability to run, not pass. He had almost twice as many rushing TDs (55) as passing TDs (29) in his college career.

He might make it in the NFL, but it won't be as a QB.

LLT
01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
I've seen Klein play a number of times throughout his career. Most of his success has been because of his ability to run, not pass. He had almost twice as many rushing TDs (55) as passing TDs (29) in his college career.

He might make it in the NFL, but it won't be as a QB.

The ability to run doesnt negate accuracy....there is no arguing with a 65% completion rate. HOWEVER....that being said....I do have concern with his long ball. I think he is ok with the short and intermediate routes, but that hitch scares me...not only its its sheer mechanic....but in the fact that it is going to tip off defenders. As I have said from the beginning...He is going to need a coach to work on his mechanics.

But.....remember to keep it the proper perspective....we are talking about the skill set of a 6th round pick....not a blue chip prospect.

SteelerFanInStl
01-20-2013, 01:56 PM
The ability to run doesnt negate accuracy....there is no arguing with a 65% completion rate. HOWEVER....that being said....I do have concern with his long ball. I think he is ok with the short and intermediate routes, but that hitch scares me...not only its its sheer mechanic....but in the fact that it is going to tip off defenders. As I have said from the beginning...He is going to need a coach to work on his mechanics.

But.....remember to keep it the proper perspective....we are talking about the skill set of a 6th round pick....not a blue chip prospect.

Of course it doesn't but the numbers show me that he was a run first QB. One read and take off running. His accuracy comes from the fact that he was mostly only throwing short passes.

Yes, he's a late round pick but I just don't think that he has a future as a QB in the NFL.

LLT
01-25-2013, 05:40 AM
Of course it doesn't but the numbers show me that he was a run first QB. One read and take off running. His accuracy comes from the fact that he was mostly only throwing short passes.

Yes, he's a late round pick but I just don't think that he has a future as a QB in the NFL.

Thats the gamble. Most late round picks dont have a future in the NFL.