PDA

View Full Version : Steelers don't rule out drafting quarterback early

polamalubeast
01-17-2013, 09:45 AM
http://burgh.us/jv6

Dwinsgames
01-17-2013, 09:59 AM
http://burgh.us/jv6

and let the bidding war begin for the 17th selection , Colbert is pretty good at Smoke N Mirrors , widely rumored we had the Bengals convinced we where going to draft Jerome Simpson so they selected him before our selection came up ( who knows if it is true or speculation )

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2013, 10:02 AM
interesting to say the least. even though it doesnt seem like it will happen, especially since this is a weaker QB class than usual. Wonder who the steelers would even consider. Geno smith seems way off the board. Matt Barkley? Mike Glennon? Landry jones? Only names i can see as 1st round possibilities.

- - - Updated - - -

and let the bidding war begin for the 17th selection , Colbert is pretty good at Smoke N Mirrors , widely rumored we had the Bengals convinced we where going to draft Jerome Simpson so they selected him before our selection came up ( who knows if it is true or speculation )

that would be awesome if someone bit. this seems like a draft where the depth in talent lies heavily in the 2nd-3rd rounds anyways.

SteelerFanInStl
01-17-2013, 12:05 PM
This just in, the Steelers haven't ruled out taking ANY position, other than K or P early.

Steeldude
01-17-2013, 12:27 PM
They won't draft a QB in the 1st round. That would be a wasted pick. Also, it's a poor draft year for QBs. I am hoping they draft either ILB, OLB, OL, S, or CB in the first. Although the CBs this year are poor too in terms of 1st round quality

steelreserve
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
I didn't ever hear him say they were seriously considering a QB in the first round. In another interview, he said they were looking at addressing the backup QB issue earlier than the late rounds. I took that to mean they might spend a pick somewhere in round 2-4 on it rather than rely on old journeymen and 5th-round scrubs. I don't see anyone worth using a first-round pick on, and in any case it would be stupid because we're missing the window by a couple years. Ben will probably be around for at least 5-6 more years and rookie deals are 4, so either the rookie would be gone and we'd waste the pick, or Ben would be gone early.

86WARD
01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
What moves teams up draft boards? QBs. It's a great move by Colbert to say this. First of all, there's not a lot of other positions out there that teams will move for. QB is that position. strategically whether he believes if ir not, its a great move to say it. If they wound up taking Barkley there, id have zero problem with that. Secondly, the QB crop is slim this year and the quality remains to be seen. Where the Steelers are positioned in this draft could be right around where a team may decide to select the first QB...if there's a team out there that really wants a QB, that could be an area where a team moves back in to the first from the second to get one.

polamalubeast
01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
In 2010, I was afraid that the Steelers drafted Jimmy Clauson in the first round because of the off-field issue of Roethlisberger

I almost made a heart attack during the draft

stillers4me
01-17-2013, 05:05 PM
In 2010, I was afraid that the Steelers drafted Jimmy Clauson in the first round because of the off-field issue of Roethlisberger

I'm having a heart attack thinking about it now. :lol:

Mojouw
01-17-2013, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't believe a word from any of the teams in the NFL from now until the end of the last pick in the draft. Colbert is typically full of crap this time of year...part of his job!

tube517
01-17-2013, 05:31 PM

I'm already having nightmares about this season and trying to block it out. :lol:

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2013, 06:20 PM

lmao. i remember when this guy was finished with his senior year of high school. Some scouts thought he was so good he could skip college and go straight to the nfl :lol:

Mach1
01-18-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm going to guess they're going to stick with the usual game plan by picking the best player on the board when it's their turn.