PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong To Confess on Oprah

Count Steeler
01-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Been hearing this on radio all day today. Lance is coming clean on Oprah.

The fallout may cause the Olympics to pull cycling from the games. Apparently he is taking everyone else down with him, saying that cycling officials were complicit and encouraged his doping.

I don't have links yet, but I was surprised not to see a thread yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Lance Armstrong confesses to Oprah, ready to name names

Lance Armstrong won’t go down alone.

The disgraced cyclist, who was labelled the kingpin of a long-running doping scheme, has reportedly owned up to cheating and is ready to point the finger at others who may have facilitated or shielded it.

Mr. Armstrong sat down for an interview Monday with Oprah Winfrey which stretched on so long it will air over two episodes.

“It was surprising to me. I would say that for myself, my team, all of us in the room, we were mesmerized and riveted by some of his answers,” she told CBS Tuesday morning, noting that she had researched and prepared 112 questions.

“I feel that he answered the questions in a way that [suggested] he was ready. I didn’t get all the questions asked, but I think the most important questions and the answers that people around the world had been waiting to hear were answered. And certainly, answered, I can only say I was satisfied by the answers.”

more @ http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/lance-armstrong-confesses-ready-to-name-names/article7354028/

86WARD
01-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Well that'll pretty much fuck him out if a few million...when will the lawsuits start to roll in...lol. Idiot.

vader29
01-18-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlTr2GSVUGg

SCSTILLER
07-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Well that'll pretty much fuck him out if a few million...when will the lawsuits start to roll in...lol. Idiot.

idiot, I don't know. Stupidly competitive, YES! How much money is going to be lost to cancer research that he, LANCE, has been of the doping allegations? A shit ton. I don't condone what he did, but to call him idiot, OK, I might have to agree now that I think about it (brain just kicked in). It is a shame, but only in the aspect of money raised for cancer research.

Seven
07-04-2013, 09:29 PM
When the run of the mill athlete gets caught doping it's one thing. But when it's a guy like Armstrong, not even necessarily someone I even consider a "good guy", but someone who has so adamantly stood for good things over the course of their career - it hurts a little more as a sports fan.

Godfather
07-05-2013, 06:48 AM
I'd still like to know how he beat the testing system hundreds of times while he was doping.

The worst part of him being guilty is it validates all the haters in France. I loved the way he ruined their biggest sporting event every year.

fansince'76
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
The worst part of him being guilty is it validates all the haters in France. I loved the way he ruined their biggest sporting event every year.

How big of an advantage is it when pretty much the entire field does it (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/jalabert-reacts-as-lequipe-reveals-more-details-over-1998-positive)?

Tuesday's edition of L'Equipe gave more details on the retroactive detection of EPO in the samples of Laurent Jalabert during the 1998 Tour de France.

"Traces of synthetic EPO have been found in his urine collected on July 22, 1998 at the end of stage 11 from Luchon to Plateau de Beille (won by Marco Pantani)," wrote journalist Damien Ressiot, who immediately linked this information to the revelations he published on August 23, 2005 about Lance Armstrong's positives for EPO during the 1999 Tour de France. Both tests were conducted for research after EPO became detectable in 2001 and can't be considered as positive doping control stricto sensu.

Samples from the 1998 Tour de France were analyzed again in 2004. Most of them turned out to be positive for EPO. The French Senate anti-doping commission, which questioned 84 people since March 14, compared those results with the official records to come up with the names of the riders. Their final report is due to be made public on July 18.

The bottom line is that the French never cottoned to the idea of an American dominating "their" race for the better part of a decade and it pissed them off. It would be a little more than ironic (not to mention poetic justice) if all the retroactive testing of urine samples years after the fact ultimately wound up shutting down their little race for good.

steeldawg
07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
He must be gearing up to come out with a book or something otherwise why not just let the issue die, I will admit I forgot all about lance.