PDA

View Full Version : Report: Todd Haley Told Cardinals It Would Cost A Lot For Him To Leave The Steelers

stillers4me
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
There is still no word as to who the Arizona Cardinals will decide on to be their next head coach, but it is looking more and more likely that it won't be Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who reportedly interviewed with his former employer last week.

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports on Monday, that according to his sources, Haley gave Cardinals team president Michael Bidwill a very high asking price as far as salary goes when the two met last week. Dulac speculates that Haley did this because he is currently happy with his job with the Steelers and doesn’t want to leave unless an offer is too good to pass up............

Read more @
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/report-todd-haley-told-cardinals-it-would-cost-a-lot-for-him-to-leave-the-steelers/

Psycho Ward 86
01-14-2013, 09:32 PM
good. too bad the cardinals are desperate enough to put serious dough on the table :lol:

Chidi29
01-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Hopefully the interview was done more out of a courtesy to the Bidwills than being seriously interested in the job. Still, for all the problems they have, if he gets offered the job, it'd be tough to pass up. Never know when you'll get another offer.

43Hitman
01-14-2013, 09:44 PM
I can appreciate him asking a lot. That's respectful to the Steelers and if he gets it he gets a nice payday with a chance to turn around a franchise. His good standing relationship with the Bidewell's makes it an even sweeter deal. Not often are you in a position to demand top dollar to advance while knowing that your current position is just fine with you because the management you work under is considered one of the best in the business.

zulater
01-15-2013, 04:03 AM
good. too bad the cardinals are desperate enough to put serious dough on the table :lol:

The Bidwell's are notoriously cheap. I imagine they'll be in the bottom 1/3 of the league in coaching salaries next season. So Haley will be staying put.

Count Steeler
01-15-2013, 05:01 AM
I wonder if he would ask for a guaranteed portion to the contract. Has he been paid by KC yet?

SteelerFanInStl
01-15-2013, 07:59 AM
The Bidwell's are notoriously cheap. I imagine they'll be in the bottom 1/3 of the league in coaching salaries next season. So Haley will be staying put.

Yep. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

SteelerEmpire
01-15-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't blame him. Moving around from job to job is a recipe for failure.