PDA

View Full Version : Final Report Card: Steelers earn a C- for the 2012 season

stillers4me
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
QUARTERBACK

For reasons that are as mystifying as they are surprising, Ben Roethlisberger never was the same after returning from rib/shoulder injuries that caused him to miss three games. Sure, the season got off to a shaky start with a pick-six that effectively ended the opener in Denver. But, in the next seven games, he was as productive and efficient as any point in his career and developed into the best third-down passer in the league. Still, his season will be defined by two damaging throws when it counted most -- the overtime interception in Dallas and the inexcusable pick in the final seconds against the Bengals, both of which ended the game. Even what appeared to be the biggest spark of the season -- Charlie Batch's second-half performance in Baltimore -- was wasted with a listless effort one week later against San Diego.
GRADE: B-

RUNNING BACKS

The attempt to run the ball more efficiently failed somewhat miserably when the Steelers averaged 3.7 yards per rush after averaging 4.4 yards in 2011. And they never had a run longer than 34 yards after having three of 56 yards or longer a year earlier. The best point of the season was when Jonathan Dwyer (2) and Isaac Redman (1) combined to have three consecutive games of 100 yards rushing, something that hadn't been done since 2007...............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/final-report-card-steelers-earn-a-c-for-the-2012-season-670234/#ixzz2HzjUKnom

polamalubeast
01-14-2013, 05:19 PM
D- for me

Count Steeler
01-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Can't get a passing grade unless you make the playoffs. Yeah we had a lot of injuries, but we had a lot of mental mistakes as well. E!

Craic
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Can't get a passing grade unless you make the playoffs. Yeah we had a lot of injuries, but we had a lot of mental mistakes as well. E!

C- IS failing isn't it?

Since these guys have played college ball, they're now in "postgrad" work. In my school, anything below a B is failing.

ALLD
01-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Only a handful of players deserve to do autograph shows this off season. Most of them stunk it up.

Count Steeler
01-14-2013, 05:32 PM
C- IS failing isn't it?

Since these guys have played college ball, they're now in "postgrad" work. In my school, anything below a B is failing.

Are those the parameters set out in this "report card" or yours? If you want to interpret the grades through your narrow field of focus, more power to you. In my terms, so that there is no misunderstanding, in all academic circles, an E is a definite failure.

Craic
01-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Are those the parameters set out in this "report card" or yours? If you want to interpret the grades through your narrow field of focus, more power to you. In my terms, so that there is no misunderstanding, in all academic circles, an E is a definite failure.

Don't know. That's why I'm asking the questions.

Count Steeler
01-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Don't know. That's why I'm asking the questions.

I hardly think the author was thinking along your lines, but who knows, perhaps you can write him for clarification.

Edman
01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
The Whole Team gets a D.

No Playoffs. Season is a failure.

st33lersguy
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM
D for the whole team. F for the coaching staff

Dwinsgames
01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
F ... not making the playoffs is unacceptable and would get a D to low D for that reason alone , then when you look at the 16 teams drafting before us NONE of them played a weaker schedule than we did ....

a schedule as weak as ours should have all but granted us the Division crown and we could not even nail down a wild card .....

all things considered how can we give them anything better than an F ?

Craic
01-14-2013, 08:35 PM
:brick::horn:

(original post edited - Was looking for something goofy to put here since I can't delete my post and found these smilies in the smilie list side by side. Started laughing. Thought I'd share).

GBMelBlount
01-15-2013, 04:52 AM
Where is the fire?

Where is the the intensity?

Where is the urgency?

Offensive linemen not finishing off plays, wide receivers dropping balls, consistently losing in the clutch.

Poor execution, mental errors, apathy.

This is a sign of poor preparation and poor coaching from top to bottom imo.

Coaching F-.

gosteelers
01-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Where is the fire?

Where is the the intensity?

Where is the urgency?

Offensive linemen not finishing off plays, wide receivers dropping balls, consistently losing in the clutch.

Poor execution, mental errors, apathy.

This is a sign of poor preparation and poor coaching from top to bottom imo.

Coaching F-.:amen::amen::amen:

atlsteelers
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
I am a simpleton. Win the superbowl you get an A+. Fail to make the playoffs you get a F.

Dwinsgames
01-15-2013, 02:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1TSaKmG2o

until we see some more of this .... we will slip into the depth of a finesse football team , and IMO there are far to many of those kinds of teams that lack an Identity that is unlike most other teams .... hard nosed play on both sides of the football feeds both sides of the football ...

Steeltreal
01-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Woodley gets an A in my book. He fooled Colbert and co. into a fat contract that fattened his wallet so heavily it causes constant hamstring injuries. Well played

GBMelBlount
01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1TSaKmG2o

until we see some more of this .... we will slip into the depth of a finesse football team , and IMO there are far to many of those kinds of teams that lack an Identity that is unlike most other teams .... hard nosed play on both sides of the football feeds both sides of the football ...

Absolute Classic.

Craic
01-15-2013, 06:14 PM
I was looking for the hit Dwyer put on a a LB (I think it was) in a late game this season. Just demolished the guy and kept running.

GBMelBlount
01-15-2013, 07:14 PM
I was looking for the hit Dwyer put on a a LB (I think it was) in a late game this season. Just demolished the guy and kept running.

I could only find one from college. It is a nice one though.

http://youtu.be/e_Ms_cdT9u0