PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to pay price in secondary

SteelerEmpire
01-12-2013, 10:09 AM
This team is ALREADY over the salary cap and only had an 8-8 record... lol ? A lot of these guys are ripping the ownership off... milking it just so they can get paid... lol.

-----------------

By Alan Robinson

Published: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 12:01*a.m.
Updated 10 hours ago

Get out the checkbook, Dan Rooney.

The Steelers chose not to give cornerback Keenan Lewis a multiyear contract as a restricted free agent last year, in part, because he wasn‘t yet a starter. Lewis, in turn, might have hesitated to sign such a deal if it didn‘t pay him at a starter‘s level.

Now some team is going to pay the efficient Lewis a lot more than the $1.26 million he made in 2012 — be it the Steelers or one that grabs him as a free agent.

LINK: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3282150-74/season-steelers-lewis#axzz2HmI0n4Pf

Psycho Ward 86
01-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I want lewis and foster back for sure. theres other guys that are UFA's but we could live without, given our cap circumstances. as long as those 2 are back, ill be really happy

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-12-2013, 11:25 AM
I want lewis and foster back for sure. theres other guys that are UFA's but we could live without, given our cap circumstances. as long as those 2 are back, ill be really happy

I agree. I was a fan of the Lewis pick from Day 1 and hope we lock him down. Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen are a good future starting CB tandem. I just hope Curtis Brown continues to progress.

zulater
01-12-2013, 12:14 PM
I agree. I was a fan of the Lewis pick from Day 1 and hope we lock him down. Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen are a good future starting CB tandem. I just hope Curtis Brown continues to progress.

First he needs to stop regressing in order to progress. He's a guy who might have the talent but lacks the confidence to show it in meaningfull game time situations. I think there's a better chance Victorian or Van Dyke can contribute as a nickel or dime back next season.

Heinz Hitman
01-12-2013, 01:53 PM
First he needs to stop regressing in order to progress. He's a guy who might have the talent but lacks the confidence to show it in meaningfull game time situations. I think there's a better chance Victorian or Van Dyke can contribute as a nickel or dime back next season.

I agree, Zu. Brown was less than impressive this year. If we can't re-sign Lewis then we will be in big trouble next season.