PDA

View Full Version : Could Another Steelers Offensive Position Coach Be Out The Door Soon?

stillers4me
01-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers team president Art Rooney II talked to the members of the media on Wednesday about several topics during his year-end wrap-up interview but he declined to say if any more coaching changes will be made moving forward.

The team already needs to fill the vacant offensive line coach position that was a result of Sean Kugler leaving to become the head coach of UTEP, and Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said Wednesday during online chat that it wouldn't be surprising to see a coach on the offensive side of the ball be fired soon as well.............

read more @
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/could-another-steelers-offensive-position-coach-could-be-out-the-door-soon/

slippy
01-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Gerry Dulac: Don't know of any potential candidates yet because the position (other than Oline) has to open. But, typically, whenever the Steelers have missed the playoffs in the past 10 years, some assistant was always fired. And I think that can happen on offense. I know where I would start.

a very enigmatic chat today by dulac. i really want to know who he wants fired!

Count Steeler
01-09-2013, 06:23 PM
My vote is for Montgomery.

Chidi29
01-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm just guessing but I think Tomlin really likes Montgomery. They both have that "swag", I guess you could call it. Very high energy and I think well-liked and someone the players can relate to. Would give it another year at least.

Count Steeler
01-09-2013, 06:31 PM
What concerns me with Montgomery is that it seems that the WRs took a step back this year. So how much credit do you give to Montgomery and how much credit do you give to Ward for the past seasons?

Perhaps Montgomery didn't read his "Rosetta Stone" so he had trouble adapting to Haley's offense.

Chidi29
01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
What concerns me with Montgomery is that it seems that the WRs took a step back this year. So how much credit do you give to Montgomery and how much credit do you give to Ward for the past seasons?

Perhaps Montgomery didn't read his "Rosetta Stone" so he had trouble adapting to Haley's offense.

Other factors play into it. Wallace's holdout certainly doesn't help with the "Rosetta Stone" though I don't think the impact is that huge either. Injuries to everyone also makes things difficult. I agree that the receivers didn't make the jump they were expected to, but a coaching change seems a bit knee-jerk to me.

I do agree with the sentiment that if anyone is going to be fired, it'll be Montgomery because I can't see anyone else getting the axe. But the report really wasn't a report to begin with. It was a throw-away comment, idle speculation in a chat than a news report. So this could very well mean nothing.

stillers4me
01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
I do agree with the sentiment that if anyone is going to be fired, it'll be Montgomery because I can't see anyone else getting the axe. But the report really wasn't a report to begin with. It was a throw-away comment, idle speculation in a chat than a news report. So this could very well mean nothing.

It was posted to prompt discussion, only.

It's not like we have a game strategy to talk about. :noidea:

slippy
01-09-2013, 07:14 PM
i just thought it odd, because you rarely see such a negative emotional comment from dulac or bouchette about current players or staff.

"I know where I would start"

ouch.

Chidi29
01-09-2013, 07:32 PM
It was posted to prompt discussion, only.

It's not like we have a game strategy to talk about. :noidea:

I know, and it's a discussion worth entertaining.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if everyone stayed.

SteelerFanInStl
01-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Quite frankly I wouldn't be upset to see any of them go but I also don't really see any justification in getting rid of any of them.

Amos Jones definitely needs to go though.

Austin87
01-10-2013, 05:54 AM
Amos Jones definitely needs to go though.

QFT

Steeldude
01-12-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm just guessing but I think Tomlin really likes Montgomery. They both have that "swag", I guess you could call it. Very high energy and I think well-liked and someone the players can relate to. Would give it another year at least.

He sounds more like a buddy than a coach. IMO, the Steelers WRs didn't do so well. They looked sloppy.

GBMelBlount
01-12-2013, 07:36 AM
He sounds more like a buddy than a coach. IMO, the Steelers WRs didn't do so well. They looked sloppy.

I agree.

Swag or not there was a huge waste of talent at the wide receiver positions this year.