PDA

View Full Version : Steelers offensive line will have a different "look" in 2013.

stillers4me
01-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Think the idea to move Willie Colon to guard was a mistake?
Despite his ability to power block, Colon can't run well enough to pull and get out of the edge. And how many edge runs did you see this year? That's why the Steelers never moved him to guard when Bruce Arians ran the offense.
Further proof of that mindset is that the Steelers want to get lighter and more athletic on their offensive line with body-type guys like Maurkice Pouncey, David DeCastro, Kelvin Beachum and even Mike Adams. If Ramon Foster comes back, he will have to lose 20 pounds to play on the line next year.
Todd Haley had a small line in KC when the Chiefs led the league in rushing. He will do the same here. Why have 350-pound guards and tackles when defensive ends in a 4-3 defense weigh 270 pounds and outside LBs in a 3-4 defense weigh 250 pounds?
How could anyone complain after the Steelers averaged 3.7 yards per rush this year, which is nearly a yard less than they averaged last year under Arians? Part of the problem is their lineman were not nimble enough to get on the edge.
The line will have a much different look next year, both in personnel and body type.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/11461171-9a64-4a4e-bb8b-6b39e34f29ec/?source=twitter

steelers_switzerland
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
LT: Adams/Max
LG: Foster
C: Pouncey
RG: DeCastro
RT: Colon

i think, after foster played so well, let's do it like this... and i'm just not sold on Gilbert...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Colon will be released to save cap space. Foster resigned at a reasonable price. O line will probably look like this.

LT-Gilbert
LG - Foster
C- Pouncey
RG-Decastro
RT- Adams

Reserves, Beechum, Legursky, Rookie 5th round pick and another body like Kyle Jolly or John Malecki.

steeldawg
01-12-2013, 11:04 AM
we have a different look almost every game it seems like.

Moose
01-12-2013, 11:24 AM
we have a different look almost every game it seems like.

This is pretty much my thoughts also. Seems every game there was a new face in a different position. Left side/right side, never knew when someone's position was changed or temporary for a game. Ought to be an interesting off season and draft for sure.

GBMelBlount
01-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Colon will be released to save cap space. Foster resigned at a reasonable price. O line will probably look like this.

LT-Gilbert
LG - Foster
C- Pouncey
RG-Decastro
RT- Adams

Reserves, Beechum, Legursky, Rookie 5th round pick and another body like Kyle Jolly or John Malecki.

The colon cleansing is overdue....but I guess my question is with the starters you are thinking:

LT-Gilbert
LG - Foster
C- Pouncey
RG-Decastro
RT- Adams

...barring decimation by injuries, could this line actually be above average?

zulater
01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
From what I've heard it would be a huge cap hit if they cut Colon. It will be cheaper to keep him and hope he can stay healthy.

Chidi29
01-12-2013, 01:23 PM
It'll be about a million cheaper to keep him than cut him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-13-2013, 08:53 AM
It'll be about a million cheaper to keep him than cut him.
But arent the values loaded differently in terms of when. If they cut him now it saves cap space next year, but there is a bigger hit the following season.....something like that I thought.

Psycho Ward 86
01-13-2013, 09:05 AM
But arent the values loaded differently in terms of when. If they cut him now it saves cap space next year, but there is a bigger hit the following season.....something like that I thought.

no way in hell do we want an even bigger hit the following season. our cap hits after this season are going to be astronomical