PDA

View Full Version : Steelers begin arriving for training camp

polamalubeast
07-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Steelers begin arriving for training camp
Friday, July 30, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

LATROBE -- Max Starks, arriving at Steelers training camp early this afternoon, said he will remain at left tackle and that newly-signed Flozell Adams will compete at right tackle.

There was some question where Adams would play because the five-time Pro Bowler has played his entire career with the Dallas Cowboys at left tackle.

Adams, 35, is due in camp today after singing with the Steelers as a free agent Thursday. In addition, Trai Essex said he will remain at right guard. Essex started at right guard last season but there was speculation he might move back to right tackle after Willie Colon was lost for the season with an Achilles tendon injury.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10211/1076468-100.stm#ixzz0vBfYAg4Q

salamander
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
How the hell did Ben AND Willie fit in that car???

I'm glad TC is starting. It just means we're that much closer to the start of the season.

SteelerSal
07-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger also arrived at training camp early this afternoon, driving a black MINI Cooper convertible with Colon in the passenger seat.

Why would anybody the size of Ben even entertain the thought of buying a mini Cooper?

salamander
07-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Why would anybody the size of Ben even entertain the thought of buying a mini Cooper?

He must be trying to stay 'low profile'.

salamander
07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
LATROBE, Pa. -- Ben Roethlisberger arrived at the Pittsburgh Steelers camp Friday, joining his beefy offensive linemen in making the drive here in a caravan of Mini Cooper autos.

-- Gary Mihoces

That's hilarious. :lol:

xX-TSK-Xx
07-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Anyone remember James Harrison rolling into camp in a smart car last season.

http://one4theotherthumb.com/images/stories/smartsilverback.jpg

Butch
07-30-2010, 01:14 PM

Aint that the truth but it is better than a motorcycle.

Galax Steeler
07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Anyone remember James Harrison rolling into camp in a smart car last season.

http://one4theotherthumb.com/images/stories/smartsilverback.jpg

I love that picture makes me laugh everytime I see it.

siss
07-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Aint that the truth but it is better than a motorcycle.

Don't even bring up the M word when it comes to Ben.

stillers4me
07-30-2010, 04:19 PM
I doubt they bought them. They just borrowed them from the dealer.

And on the bright side..............

THE OFF SEASON FROM HELL IS OFFICIALLY.........OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

siss
07-30-2010, 04:50 PM
I doubt they bought them. They just borrowed them from the dealer.

And on the bright side..............

THE OFF SEASON FROM HELL IS OFFICIALLY.........OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we survived it too!

stillers4me
07-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Ben looks trim and in shape. One bright spot to this whole mess is that whenever he steps back on the field, his body will be fresh. That will help out tremendously for Dec/Jan football! Could be the difference maker!

Burghfan58
07-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Ben looks trim and in shape. One bright spot to this whole mess is that whenever he steps back on the field, his body will be fresh. That will help out tremendously for Dec/Jan football! Could be the difference maker!

I noticed that as well. Let's hope there's an "in shape" mind to go along with the body.

Nadroj 20
07-31-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm going tomorrow...im pumped!!