PDA

View Full Version : Not all Pittsburgh fans happy to see Ben Roethlisberger back at Steelers camp

polamalubeast
07-30-2010, 11:43 AM
:ranger:
Jul 30, 2010
Not all Pittsburgh fans happy to see Ben Roethlisberger back at Steelers camp

LATROBE, Pa. -- "Welcome Back Steelers" signs are up as usual at businesses along U.S. 30 leading to the Pittsburgh Steelers training camp, but one establishment has a different message aimed at quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"Welcome Back Almost All Yunz Steelers," says the sign lettered in black outside the Auto Tag Store about a mile and a half from Saint Vincent College, where Roethlisberger and his teammates report today.

Read more: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/not-all-pittsburgh-fans-happy-to-see-ben-roethlisberger-back-at-steelers-camp/1

fansince'76
07-30-2010, 11:50 AM
"Welcome Back Almost All Yunz Steelers," says the sign lettered in black outside the Auto Tag Store about a mile and a half from Saint Vincent College, where Roethlisberger and his teammates report today.

Sorting paperwork behind the counter at the store, Harry Price, 52, said the message was a "group thing" by workers at the business. It's his opinion the Steelers should have parted ways with Roethlisberger, suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for four to six games at the start of the season for violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy.Ten bucks says this nimrod will be among the ones bitching the loudest if Ben pulls a Bradshaw after he retires and tells the city and fanbase to go piss up a rope.

Devilsdancefloor
07-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Those folks will be the most vocal if the team goes 0-4 while he is suspended. Some folks will never get it.

fansince'76
07-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Those folks will be the most vocal if the team goes 0-4 while he is suspended. Some folks will never get it.

I'm thinking more long term - the same ones doing this now were probably among the same ones who dissed Bradshaw during his career and then cluelessly wondered "Duh, what the hell?" when Bradshaw carried a grudge against the entire city and fanbase for a good two decades after he retired.

SteelMember
07-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Well, it's of no suprise to me. I'm actually surprised it was only one sign... and it was pretty mild for what I would have expected.

Oh well. Free speech and all.

He's not going to win everybody back. Apparently he never had this guy to begin with.

Guess he doesn''t like super bowls either.

...and I always thought it was "yinz", not yunz.:noidea:

atlsteelers
07-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Ben earned all of the scrutiny he gets

steelerdude15
07-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Well, everyone should have known it was going to be like this after what happened this offseason.

BlastFurnace
07-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Forget those fans. I'm not into the who is a "True Fan" stuff at all, but for people who act like that...go pull for another team where every single player is morally perfect.

They better be protesting James Harrison too if they feel that way.

What Ben did was wrong, but I believe in forgiveness.

BlastFurnace
07-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Ben earned all of the scrutiny he gets

So did James Harrison and Santonio Holmes and no one every did anything like this to them.

This country is all about piling on when someone does something wrong. There are some moral police in this country who won't be happy unless Ben is publically shot to death and thrown in a ditch.

I'd be willing to bet a years salary if they took all these people who "can't fathom Ben being the Steelers QB" that they would find all kind of stuff in their background...and perhaps even some searches on their own PC at home.

salamander
07-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Are we sure Roger Goodell didn't post that sign? :huh:

steelpride12
07-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Haha some fans just have no respect. I don't care how you feel about Ben at least cheer him on and hope that he will turn things around.

siss
07-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Some fans...I swear...POW TO THE MOON!

Butch
07-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Damn missed the sale of a lifetime. Notice they were looking for trade value maybe they should just give 'em away if they feel that disgraced by Ben's actions, I'm sure someone would take them. Hell I'm down here in Texas I'll volunteer to pay the shipping if they want me to take them off their hands. Who wants to bet they wouldn't give them away?

Shea
07-30-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm not surprised. He's going to face negativity this season from people in the fanbase.

But, he's got a lot of years left in him, and if he stays out of trouble, and better yet wins a few more Lombardi's then people will come back around.

steel striker
07-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Seems to me that some people can't move forward and, at some point you have to move on. Look the guy help the steelers win two super bowls and, many games as well. Sure Ben has alot of image repairing to do. It is like you either root for the team or player you can't do both.

SteelCityMan786
07-30-2010, 02:22 PM
These are the same people who will be saying what sexual assault allegations if/when Ben QBs this team to another Lombardi Trophy. Winning Cures all ails. Plus if this team can go at worst 2-2 or even 3-1(Hell they could even go 4-0), Big Ben can build with that and really help this team take off as they head down the home stretch towards a playoff run.

SteelerEmpire
07-30-2010, 02:27 PM
So I guess the other 99.98% of the fans are happy to see him back...?

wootawnee
07-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Without Ben the Steelers have 4 rings, instead of 6........

st33lersguy
07-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Rather have him than Dennis Dixon or Byron Leftwich, that's for sure

Galax Steeler
07-30-2010, 05:21 PM
What the hell, the man was not convicted of anything. I am not saying what he done was right but it takes two. If he is not convicted of anything then I say leave him along people need to get the hell over it.

Chidi29
07-30-2010, 05:23 PM
"If you look down the years, anybody that's ever given them a bit of trouble, they're gone. … They're not keeping true to their character, like they used to."

They must have a limited knowledge of Steelers' history.

Killer
07-30-2010, 05:30 PM
What a bunch of stupid hick attention whores.

Move the Steelers to LA.

stillers4me
07-30-2010, 05:36 PM
It's shit like this that (almost) makes me want to see the Steelers go 0-4 just so I can get the satisfaction of watching all these assholes screaming to get Ben back on the field.

Butch
07-30-2010, 06:04 PM
It's shit like this that (almost) makes me want to see the Steelers go 0-4 just so I can get the satisfaction of watching all these assholes screaming to get Ben back on the field.

LOL I know what you mean but like you I could never really support cheering for a Steeler loss no matter the cost.

BigNastyDefense
07-30-2010, 06:37 PM
To some people, an accusation is akin to being found guilty.

I can accuse my neighbor of stealing stuff from my house, but that doesn't mean that they did.

steeldawg
07-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Omg one whole sign!!!! My bet is you could find more negative signs towards Arians.

HometownGal
07-30-2010, 09:18 PM
So did James Harrison and Santonio Holmes and no one every did anything like this to them.

This country is all about piling on when someone does something wrong. There are some moral police in this country who won't be happy unless Ben is publically shot to death and thrown in a ditch.

I'd be willing to bet a years salary if they took all these people who "can't fathom Ben being the Steelers QB" that they would find all kind of stuff in their background...and perhaps even some searches on their own PC at home.

BINGO. :drink:

Screw this jagoff. :upyours: I'll bet dollars to donuts he's got some nasty skeletons in his closet, both personally and professionally.

XT and I are going to TC the second week of August and who knows what I'll be inclined to do to his sign (or his car)? : Could be an egg or two or could be a brick = whatever mood strikes me at that moment. :heh:

I'm standing behind our QB 100% and am going to continue believing that he is seriously working on turning his life around, until he gives me a reason not to believe in him any longer which I hope will never happen.

Shea
07-30-2010, 09:43 PM
XT and I are going to TC the second week of August and who knows what I'll be inclined to do to his sign (or his car)? : Could be an egg or two or could be a brick = whatever mood strikes me at that moment. :heh:

Go after the car.

Last night some asshole thought it would be great fun to go thru my neighborhood and puncture people's tires.

Trust me - it pisses you off!

siss
07-30-2010, 10:36 PM
I think thats a felony Shea...lets not commit felonies to defend Ben...

...But if I did commit a felony in the name of Ben, do you think I would get to meet him?

Shea
07-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't see why not??

Maybe after our trip to NY to confront Goodell, he'll then declare his undying love to you, me and HTG.

We'll from there on out be a constant within his posse!

You prepared to move to the Burgh?

siss
07-30-2010, 10:47 PM
I don't see why not??

Maybe after our trip to NY, he'll declare his undying love to you, me and HTG.

We'll from there on out be a constant within his posse!

You prepared to move to the Burgh?

If Ben declared his undying love for me, he would NEVER get in trouble again...because the leash I would have him on in the offseason...

Steeler Nation needs me!!!!!

Shea we should make a trip to Georgia to!

*Evil laugh*

THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AT ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Iron Steeler
07-31-2010, 07:32 AM
Nice, we wasted a whole thread on one stupid fan. I only wish this certain guy/girl was a member here so he can see how stupid he or she looks. If you are out there somewhere, hang em up buddy you dont deserve to wear the black and gold, maybe poopstain Brown will look good on you!

solardave
07-31-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm thinking more long term - the same ones doing this now were probably among the same ones who dissed Bradshaw during his career and then cluelessly wondered "Duh, what the hell?" when Bradshaw carried a grudge against the entire city and fanbase for a good two decades after he retired.

They were young and foolish. Now they're just old assholes!!!