PDA

View Full Version : NHL Lockout is Over

polamalubeast
01-06-2013, 05:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-lockout-over-players-owners-reach-tentative-cba-102905515--nhl.html

X-Terminator
01-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Damn, and I was hoping the season would be cancelled. Ah well...

At least I'll have something to watch between now and the start of mini-camp and OTAs. I'll mostly watch Pens games, though - I'm not contributing to any other network or team's ratings any more than I absolutely have to. I won't be buying any merchandise, and all remaining games I haven't sold in my season ticket plan are now up for sale. May as well try to make a couple extra bucks off those MF'ers.

zulater
01-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Yeah it's hard to get excited after being jerked around again and again by this stupid league. And you just know when you finally get back into it in a couple years with your old enthusiasm they'll just do it again and yank the rug out from under ya and go on strike or lock out again.

SCSTILLER
01-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Yeah it's hard to get excited after being jerked around again and again by this stupid league. And you just know when you finally get back into it in a couple years with your old enthusiasm they'll just do it again and yank the rug out from under ya and go on strike or lock out again.

It's a shame too, because the last few years I truly beleive that hockey was gaining some serious momentum in popularity. I had NASCAR friends that were starting to watch hockey, and it seemed like I was seeing more and more NHL team stickers on cars even here in Charleston.

X-Terminator
01-06-2013, 07:14 AM

Well, at least there will be 7 years before that possibility comes up again. In the meantime, I want to see how bad the owners fuck this up. I mean, they got everything they wanted (supposedly) in the last CBA after losing an entire season, and they still had another lockout. Thank you, Chicago, Detroit and Philadelphia (who got the ball rolling with the heavily front-loaded 10+ year deals...ironic since Philly's owner Ed Snider was instrumental in the last 2 lockouts) and Bruins' owner Jeremy Jacobs, who is just a cheap bastard like the Bidwells and Carl Pohlad.

zulater
01-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Well, at least there will be 7 years before that possibility comes up again. In the meantime, I want to see how bad the owners fuck this up. I mean, they got everything they wanted (supposedly) in the last CBA after losing an entire season, and they still had another lockout. Thank you, Chicago, Detroit and Philadelphia (who got the ball rolling with the heavily front-loaded 10+ year deals...ironic since Philly's owner Ed Snider was instrumental in the last 2 lockouts) and Bruins' owner Jeremy Jacobs, who is just a cheap bastard like the Bidwells and Carl Pohlad.

Ed Snider is the biggest douche this side of Roger Goodell. I never could stand that bastard.

- - - Updated - - -

So can all those guys playing in Europe and Russia get out of their contracts over there and return to play this season?

Count Steeler
01-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Fans are taken for granted. Too bad the fans don't organize for their own protest.

Heard 2 possibilities:

1 fans show up but vacate the building for the 2nd and 3rd periods.

2 fans don't show up until the 2nd period.

But I like X-T's idea as well, no merchandise, sell whatever tickets you can, and don't watch the NHL on TV.

zulater
01-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Fans are taken for granted. Too bad the fans don't organize for their own protest.

Heard 2 possibilities:

1 fans show up but vacate the building for the 2nd and 3rd periods.

2 fans don't show up until the 2nd period.

But I like X-T's idea as well, no merchandise, sell whatever tickets you can, and don't watch the NHL on TV.

As a protest I'm not going to listen to the talking heads on NBC sports channel ( previously Versus ) between periods!

Oh wait, I've already been doing that for the past 3 years! :heh:

Guess I'll have to figure out something else.

stillers4me
01-06-2013, 07:49 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/1773_10151458692055809_918489514_n.jpg

X-Terminator
01-06-2013, 07:59 AM
So can all those guys playing in Europe and Russia get out of their contracts over there and return to play this season?

Yes they can - it's written into every NHL player's contract who has played in Europe.

Poor Kris Letang. Just got to Russia the other day and now has to fly back to Pittsburgh. At least he gets some good frequent flyer miles.

polamalubeast
01-06-2013, 08:06 AM
This was the biggest battle of ego(Fehr vs Bettman) in the history of sports

43Hitman
01-06-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm kinda glad they got hockey going again, I had just started watching it over the last couple of years.

salamander
01-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I'll most likely watch some games if I have nothing else to do. I follow the AHL more closely than the NHL anyways.

steelpride12
01-06-2013, 08:10 PM
So happy that my Penguins hockey is finally back!!! It feels like forever, but I won't forget what the league has put myself and the fans through. I won't be buying any merchandise, attending any games, or watching games on any other network, but Root Sports Pittsburgh for the Pens!

steelerdude15
01-06-2013, 09:58 PM
I honestly didn't expect them to get a new CBA taken care of. I'm glad that hockey is back and I can't wait to watch it. It will be nice to start wearing all this stuff again and even possibly buy some new gear as well.