PDA

View Full Version : Running Game Suffered Without Mike Adams On The Field

polamalubeast
01-05-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/steelers-running-game-suffered-the-most-in-2012-without-mike-adams-on-the-field/

steelreserve
01-05-2013, 01:48 PM
You know, it was pretty obvious how the run game improved when Adams went in there, but I completely did not make the connection between him leaving and the running game struggling again. In hindsight, it was pretty obvious. Despite his problems against the pass rush, having him in there made a huge difference IMO. Hopefully we can teach him a thing or two in the offseason and he turns into a more complete tackle. Starting him at LT makes me nervous though. I might rather see Gilbert over there at first if we don't get Starks back.

zulater
01-06-2013, 12:28 AM
You know, it was pretty obvious how the run game improved when Adams went in there, but I completely did not make the connection between him leaving and the running game struggling again. In hindsight, it was pretty obvious. Despite his problems against the pass rush, having him in there made a huge difference IMO. Hopefully we can teach him a thing or two in the offseason and he turns into a more complete tackle. Starting him at LT makes me nervous though. I might rather see Gilbert over there at first if we don't get Starks back.

I'm pretty sure the plan will be to put Adams out at right tackle and leave him there. I think Gilbert will be slotted in as the left tackle. But personally I wish they'd brinbg Max back and make Marcus earn the job. But they wont.

Anyway left to right this is how I envision next year's projected openind day offensive line.

LT Gilbert LG Colon C Pouncey RG DeCastro RT Adams

Beachum and Legurskey will be reserves.

They'll lose Foster and Starks to free agency.

katmandu
01-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Beachum and Legurskey will be reserves.

Beachum will be a Starter sooner that you think. Watch and see.

zulater
01-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Beachum will be a Starter sooner that you think. Watch and see.

Not if Gilbert and Adams both stay healthy.

Which of course means Beachum will be starting by week 3 at the latest! :lol:

43Hitman
01-06-2013, 09:14 AM
I think we find a way to keep Foster. He hasn't really solidified himself at one position along the line and sometimes that can affect how other teams look at a player. I agree with you though about Starks, he is more than likely gone.