PDA

View Full Version : 2012 World Junior Championships, Ufa, Russia

X-Terminator
01-03-2013, 05:43 AM
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc331/angeleyes71577/american-flag.jpg

Team USA beat Team Canada 5-1 today to advance to the gold medal game Saturday morning against either Sweden or Russia. And they said we had no chance... :usa:

43Hitman
01-03-2013, 06:56 AM
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc331/angeleyes71577/american-flag.jpg

Team USA beat Team Canada 5-1 today to advance to the gold medal game Saturday morning against either Sweden or Russia. And they said we had no chance... :usa:

I love it when they don't give US a chance, it just pisses us off. :lol:

Count Steeler
01-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Congrats. Apparently your goalie played a great game.

salamander
01-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Congrats. Apparently your goalie played a great game.

And he's a Pittsburgh kid which makes it even better! :lol:

X-Terminator
01-03-2013, 03:13 PM
And he's a Pittsburgh kid which makes it even better! :lol:

Indeed he is! Gibson and J.T. Miller are both Pittsburgh products. This area is starting to produce some pretty good players...just hope a couple of them eventually get picked up by the Pens. Miller was drafted by the Rangers last year...blah.

BTW, it will be USA vs. Sweden for the gold medal, and Canada will face Russia for the bronze. Come on, boys - got to have one left in you!

salamander
01-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Indeed he is! Gibson and J.T. Miller are both Pittsburgh products. This area is starting to produce some pretty good players...just hope a couple of them eventually get picked up by the Pens. Miller was drafted by the Rangers last year...blah.

BTW, it will be USA vs. Sweden for the gold medal, and Canada will face Russia for the bronze. Come on, boys - got to have one left in you!

Yes, it's good to see! Meanwhile, I'm stuck watching Philadelphia-born Eric Tangradi suck things up out here for the WBS Pens.

salamander
01-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Team USA takes the gold!!!

X-Terminator
01-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Unbelievable. One of their players said that they were the best team in the tournament after they lost to Canada in the preliminary round. Guess he wasn't lying.

Congrats to Team USA! Pittsburgh's own John Gibson is the freaking man. What a performance he turned in. As a matter of fact, 4 Pittsburgh kids ended up with gold medals: Gibson, J.T. Miller, Vince Trocheck and Riley Barber. Looks like Pittsburgh has indeed become a hockey hotbed!

Count Steeler
01-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Congrats to the USA Juniors. We (Canucks) have some work to do.

oneforthetoe
01-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Go USA. We have gotten better in hockey, soccer and many amateur sports we were rarely good in before at our jr. levels. Of course, we are slipping behind in math and science, but who's counting (obviously - not us)?