PDA

View Full Version : Post-Steelers, Hines Ward stirs lots of pots

Count Steeler
01-02-2013, 05:57 PM
For Hines Ward, the route to a post-football career has taken some pretty diverse turns.

Already a "Dancing With the Stars" champion, Mr. Ward has filled the months since his retirement from the Pittsburgh Steelers in March with a hefty slate of work.

His first choice was a common one for former pro athletes: doing commentary for NBC Sports in various capacities. Pittsburgh affiliate WPXI-TV gave him "The Hines Ward Show," a weekly potpourri of football analysis and interviews.

He's also involved in Positive Athlete Pittsburgh, an organization that emphasizes bringing out the best in youth.

But he also showed up as a Gotham City Rogue when "The Dark Knight Rises" was released last summer -- he has his own movie action figure, wearing his signature number, 86 -- and filmed a bit as a zombie for AMC's hit television series "The Walking Dead."

Mr. Ward returns to his athletic roots next month, when he begins training with two contest-winners in the "REFUEL/got chocolate milk?" challenge, "Become One."

They'll be working toward competing in the Oct. 12 Ironman world championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.

"You know me, I'm just trying to be an all-American, all-Renaissance guy," Mr. Ward said.

Sunday, at 9 p.m. he debuts on Food Network's "Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off," possibly the biggest fish-out-of-water scenario yet. Eight celebs compete on two teams mentored by Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri over six episodes, with the weakest links eliminated each week.

Last chef standing wins $50,000 for his or her charity. Unlike "Dancing With The Stars," in which viewers chose their favorites, "Rachael vs. Guy" was taped months ago and the outcome is based on judges' opinion.

"I wish I could get some votes for this one, but this is me, by myself," he said, laughing.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/ae/tv-radio/post-steelers-hines-ward-stirs-lots-of-pots-668654/#ixzz2GrjjM6SH

steelreserve
01-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Hines Ward was a zombie in the Walking Dead? Awesome!

I didn't even notice it, but yup, there he is. Apparently one of the zombies that was inside the prison when they first took it over. Again, totally awesome.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/121105/HinesWard-Walkingdead_121105.photoblog500.jpg

Bluecoat96
01-02-2013, 06:11 PM
My wife is all excited that her "boyfriend" Hines will be on TV again.

Butch
01-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Hines Ward was a zombie in the Walking Dead? Awesome!

I didn't even notice it, but yup, there he is. Apparently one of the zombies that was inside the prison when they first took it over. Again, totally awesome.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/121105/HinesWard-Walkingdead_121105.photoblog500.jpg

How could you miss that signature smile!!! LOL No I woulda missed that one too. Still it's pretty cool.

steelerdude15
01-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I honestly thought that this was going to be a negative news article. :chuckle: