PDA

View Full Version : A friend to #7...or...but the media says he's a big mean jerk

siss
01-01-2013, 06:30 PM
So last summer, Ben met this guy at the airport when he walked up to a soldier to thank him for his service. The guy, Noah, sent the picture into Bens web site and Ben's web site manager featured the story on his web site...end of story right...not quite...Ben wanted to contact the guy. So the web site manager got in contact with Noah and put the two in contact with each other and Ben and Noah have become friends. Well here is a video of what this guy does. He was a soldier and lost his arm and leg. I am inspired after watching it and if you could use some inspiration this new year...you should watch the video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KHwBuYs8aE

jb500ex
01-01-2013, 06:34 PM
It's more then the media that says he a jerk

siss
01-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Just watch the video...

steelerdude15
01-01-2013, 06:37 PM
That was a great video. Its great to see someone who put their life on the line for us and nearly lost their life at that, continues to push and become a better person. What an amazing person.

fansince'76
01-01-2013, 06:53 PM

Yeah, we know. :rolleyes:

43Hitman
01-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Yeah, we know. :rolleyes:

All my wife had to do was show him her tits and he was cool with us. :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
All my wife had to do was show him her tits and he was cool with us. :chuckle:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

X-Terminator
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM

Yeah, because jerks go out of their way to befriend a wounded soldier...on his own time. Or that guys who acted like jerks can't turn their lives around and become non-jerks. :jerkit:

Seriously dude, you need to put your keyboard away and turn off your computer for good, because you have not said one single solitary thing that has either made sense or hasn't been completely pulled out of your ass.

zulater
01-01-2013, 08:46 PM

Some people think I'm a jerk too. :eyebrows:And then others think I'm fairly wonderfull. :lol: I'm probably somewhere in-between as are most of us. Quite likely Ben included.

Truthfully if I were an NFL qb I would probably be more of a jerk than most of them are. Being that age and always in the public spotlight can't be the easiest thing in the world. I guarantee you there's a bunch of them that the press just loves and portrays as all around good guys who absolutely loathe the public and wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.

I actually think Ben's quite genuine with the causes and people he likes best. The rest, who knows, and why should I care?

jb500ex
01-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah, because jerks go out of their way to befriend a wounded soldier...on his own time. Or that guys who acted like jerks can't turn their lives around and become non-jerks. :jerkit:

Seriously dude, you need to put your keyboard away and turn off your computer for good, because you have not said one single solitary thing that has either made sense or hasn't been completely pulled out of your ass.
lol pulled out of my ass i could really get you crying in your panties with facts. remember where theres smoke theres fire

X-Terminator
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
lol pulled out of my ass i could really get you crying in your panties with facts. remember where theres smoke theres fire

We all know about his very-much publicized actions off the field. And we also know that he has done everything he can to repair his image and become a better person, not to mention all of the charity work he does and has done even throughout all of that controversy. So please, spare me your "facts."

zulater
01-02-2013, 09:10 PM

We really don't give a shit if Ben pissed you or someone you know off. So how are you going to get anyone crying over it?

Craic
01-02-2013, 09:28 PM

Dude - give it up. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it's been 2 and half years since the last incident. He's stayed away from any problems. He's gone to counseling as mandated by the league. He's grown up. And beyond all that, he's now married with a child. I was as harsh on him as anyone. But when he grew up, it was time to let it go.

The inverse of your argument is, where there's no smoke, there's no fire. There's been no smoke for 2 and a half years. Let it go.

zulater
01-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Dude - give it up. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it's been 2 and half years since the last incident. He's stayed away from any problems. He's gone to counseling as mandated by the league. He's grown up. And beyond all that, he's now married with a child. I was as harsh on him as anyone. But when he grew up, it was time to let it go.

The inverse of your argument is, where there's no smoke, there's no fire. There's been no smoke for 2 and a half years. Let it go.

Going through the guys posts it's hard to figure who or what he likes about the Steelers? :troll:

katmandu
01-02-2013, 10:12 PM
lol pulled out of my ass i could really get you crying in your panties with facts. remember where theres smoke theres fireAnd how did you become Holier than Thou ole sinless one ?

Craic
01-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Going through the guys posts it's hard to figure who or what he likes about the Steelers? :troll:

The Cheerleaders

LLT
01-03-2013, 02:29 AM
lol pulled out of my ass i could really get you crying in your panties with facts.

Wow...that is so deep. I'll add that to your other pearls of wisdom.

...Something Ben has t sniffed

has t sniffed?

....but you probably dont think timmons gets washed out play after play thats if hes close to being in position or not circling the play because he cant handle contact

Punctuation....is everyones friend.

....facts are ben teams dont score and those are facts

Well...they MUST be facts, since you used the word twice.

....well lets look at how rex was voted the coach players wanted top play for a couple years ago by a huge margin and now this year it was tomlin

Wanted top play for?

....him and hois glasses should have been thrown to the curb then

Not just Him....but him AND hois glasses.

....we have struggled to beat bad teams his entire time as the head coach and we struggle to beat anyone

Bad teams AND anyone? Are you aware what the word "anyone" means?

....lol youre going to use toimmons to your argument

Toimmons is perfectly able to be used "to" your argument...all by himself.

....tomlin supporters cut the weve been doing this since cowher.....this isnt just this year of 09

Is that anything like cutting the cheese?

And my personal favorite.

....The 2 top ow he's to play for by the players are Ryan and Tomlin anybody out it together

I.....have.....NO....idea what this means.

X-Terminator
01-03-2013, 05:47 AM
PWNT!

I really have no more to add to that post. Dude clearly has no fucking clue what he's talking about.

LLT
01-03-2013, 06:33 AM

Going through the guys posts.... it's hard to figure out if he speaks english.

zulater
01-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Going through the guys posts.... it's hard to figure out if he speaks english.

Yeah that too. :heh:

Truthfully I don't like knocking a guy for poor typing, spelling, or syntax. But misrepresenting yourself is another matter entirely. If you come to a Steeler message board and you're a fan of another team, that's fine. We welcome your input. But don't come on here and try to play as us chumps and pretend you're a Steelers fan when you're clearly not and all you're here to do is stir the pot and aggravate.

So just come foward and tell us what you really are. If you want to talk smack, we've got a section for that. Or if you want to offer an outsiders opinion on the Steelers that's fine too. But if all you're here to do is knock Steelers players you've got to bring a helluva lot more game than this guy's shown.

touchdownward
01-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Great video siss, thanks for posting.

SteelGhost
01-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Thanks for sharing the vid, Siss