PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: DB has nose for turnovers

Count Steeler
01-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Cortez Allen received the opportunity to play the final two games of the season because of an injury to starting cornerback Ike Taylor, and the second-year pro from The Citadel made a strong bid for more playing time next season.

If Keenan Lewis leaves via unrestricted free agency, Allen proved he is an option to earn a starting job next season opposite Taylor.

In the past two games, Allen was in on five turnovers. After two interceptions and a forced fumble last week against the Bengals, Allen forced two more fumbles and recovered one of them in the Steelers' 24-10 season-ending victory Sunday against the Browns at Heinz Field.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-db-has-nose-for-turnovers-668499/#ixzz2GkvRoV4m

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2013, 02:24 PM
need more of that from everybody

stillers4me
01-02-2013, 05:33 AM
Cortez Allen received the opportunity to play the final two games of the season because of an injury to starting cornerback Ike Taylor, and the second-year pro from The Citadel made a strong bid for more playing time next season.

If Keenan Lewis leaves via unrestricted free agency, Allen proved he is an option to earn a starting job next season opposite Taylor.

In the past two games, Allen was in on five turnovers. After two interceptions and a forced fumble last week against the Bengals, Allen forced two more fumbles and recovered one of them in the Steelers' 24-10 season-ending victory Sunday against the Browns at Heinz Field.

"He's been ready," Lewis said of Allen. "He's one of those guys who could come in if a starter went down. Or if he was a starter he was going to play extremely well. It wasn't anything the coaches didn't know. They knew that. I have a lot of confidence in him when I'm out there with him.".............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-db-has-nose-for-turnovers-668499/#ixzz2GoiB331L