PDA

View Full Version : No surgery for Keisel or Lewis

stillers4me
01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Coach Mike Tomlin held his final press conference of the 2012 season on Monday, and one of the first areas he addressed was the health of the team, including some players who suffered injuries against the Browns.

Defensive end Brett Keisel and cornerback Keenan Lewis both suffered MCL sprains, but the good news is neither will require surgery.

Safety Ryan Clark suffered a severe contusion to his left quad and spent Sunday night hospitalized as a precaution.
“I have touched base with him this morning and he has been released,” said Tomlin. “He is resting comfortably at home. We did want to exercise caution with it to make sure nothing unfortunate developed in the middle of the night. He said it was uneventful and he’s well-rested.”

In addition Kelvin Beachum sustained a concussion, David DeCastro had a “severe” stinger, and Cameron Heyward suffered a broken rib against the Browns............

Read more @ http://blog.steelers.com/2012/12/31/no-surgery-for-keisel-or-lewis/

- - - Updated - - -

The Browns beat the crap out of us last year (Ben's ankle among many others).... and personally, I don't think it's "just the game". I think they they are as dirty as shit.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2013, 11:29 AM
holy hell. if we made the playoffs, houston wouldve beat the friggin snot out of us

stillers4me
01-01-2013, 11:36 AM
holy hell. if we made the playoffs, houston wouldve beat the friggin snot out of us

Think about the last 4 games we've played against the Brown's. It's no accident that half our starters go down playing them. They can't beat us legitimately, but they can ruin our season. Ben's ankle wasn't the only injury last year. I don't have the details, but I remember they beat us up bad both games last year. They were only a couple of weeks apart, if I remember correctly. And those are the injuries that doomed us in Denver.

43Hitman
01-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm glad they don't need surgery. I wonder if Keisel even comes back next year. He flashed a couple of times this year, but overall I don't think he played up to his normal potential.

Count Steeler
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm glad they don't need surgery. I wonder if Keisel even comes back next year. He flashed a couple of times this year, but overall I don't think he played up to his normal potential.

If he returns, he should not be the starter. Still scratching my head over Hampton playing more than he has in the 2 previous seasons.

I think our starting D Line should be Hood, McLendon and Heyward. I highly doubt anybody we pick up via draft or FA will start next season.