PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Steelers place Mike Wallace on IR

86WARD
12-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Wide receiver Mike Wallace will not play against the Cleveland Browns, meaning he might have played his final game with the Steelers.

Wallace injured a hip and hamstring against the Cincinnati Bengals and did not practice all week. He was playing on a one-year tender worth $2.7 million after failing to agree with the Steelers on a contract extension during the offseason.

"I didn't want to go out like that," Wallace said today after practice. "I really wanted to end on high note. It's unfortunate."

It's unlikely the Steelers will use a franchise tag on Wallace because that means they would have to pay him between $10 million and $11 million next season.

"I don't know, we'll see," Wallace said about the possibility of returning to the Steelers. "I got big plans, no matter what the situation. I definitely got big plans for myself and my family. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully everything will go in a positive manner. I definitely consider [returning]. It's the team I've been on my whole career. I don't know anything else. I love playing here."

Source: Pittsburgh Post Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/injury-means-wallace-may-have-played-his-last-game-with-steelers-668166)

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2012, 10:39 PM
P#^y. Get the F&K out of Pittsburgh.

salamander
12-28-2012, 11:03 PM
P#^y. Get the F&K out of Pittsburgh.

Tell us how you REALLY feel. :chuckle:

steelreserve
12-28-2012, 11:43 PM
"I don't know, we'll see," Wallace said about the possibility of returning to the Steelers. "I got big plans, no matter what the situation. I definitely got big plans for myself and my family. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully everything will go in a positive manner. I definitely consider [returning]. It's the team I've been on my whole career. I don't know anything else. I love playing here."

So he's got one and a half feet out the door, which we knew all season. Whatever; I'll hardly miss him. Watching Wallace for the past 4 months has been exactly like that moment as a kid when you find out the unicorn at the circus is really just a horse with a dildo strapped to its head.

Craic
12-29-2012, 12:47 AM
So he's got one and a half feet out the door, which we knew all season. Whatever; I'll hardly miss him. Watching Wallace for the past 4 months has been exactly like that moment as a kid when you find out the unicorn at the circus is really just a horse with a dildo strapped to its head.

How can you turn

"I don't know, we'll see," Wallace said about the possibility of returning to the Steelers. "I got big plans, no matter what the situation. I definitely got big plans for myself and my family. We'll see. Hopefully everything will go in a positive manner. I definitely consider [returning]. It's the team I've been on my whole career. I don't know anything else. I love playing here."
Into one and a half feet out the door?

I mean, he says he has big plans no matter what. That's neither here nor there. He has plans for his family . . . and? The next statement is a neutral to positive one, and the rest, is about how he wants to return to Pittsburgh.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2012, 12:50 AM
How can you turn

I mean, he says he has big plans no matter what. That's neither here nor there. He has plans for his family . . . and? The next statement is a neutral to positive one, and the rest, is about how he wants to return to Pittsburgh.

well it is wallace. most people on this board either spin everything about him into an extreme negative or extreme positive.

steelreserve
12-29-2012, 04:22 AM
How can you turn

Do you not know athlete-speak and pre-canned agent speak? He opens up with code for he wants to get ♪♪♪♪PAIIYAAAIYYAAAED♪♪♪♪ (that's your cue to make it rain please, Redskins) and doesn't care where. Basically the same as the slut who walks into the party and says "Hey guys, I'm single now!" and waits to see who thrusts their dick at her face, and then inevitably picks the sketchy guy who deals drugs and treats her like shit.

The rest can be roughly translated as "please, Pittsburgh, don't hate me." Don't be mad, it's nothing personal, remember the good times not the bad, it's not you it's me, or any other breakup line. I will bet you $50 he's gone in the first week of free agency. Hell, the first three days.

I'm sorry if this is all Japanese to you, but if the dude had any intention of staying he would have said something like, "My first priority is to stay here and I told my agent to work it out," like Clark or Harrison did. He doesn't give a shit, and he'll go play for the Titans and get a DUI. Good for him, whoopty-fucking-doo.

Also, I don't like to laugh at my own posts, but after leaving I got the Madagascar "Afro Circus" song stuck in my head, only instead it was "Asshole Circus," and I couldn't stop thinking how the horse with a dildo on its head would be exactly what the asshole circus would do instead of a unicorn. Bunch of savages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aELcXyjpts

fansince'76
12-29-2012, 06:07 AM
"Asshole Circus." :lol: :lol: :lol:

And on a serious note, I completely agree with SR's take on Wallace's comments. He's as good as gone as soon as free agency starts.

stillers4me
12-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers‏@steelers
We have placed Mike Wallace, Mike Adams, and Curtis Brown on IR. We have promoted David Gilreath, Isaiah Green, and Alameda Ta'amu.

Seven
12-29-2012, 09:10 AM
We have placed Mike Wallace, Mike Adams, and Curtis Brown on IR. We have promoted David Gilreath, Isaiah Green, and Alameda Ta'amu.

I'm really glad Gilreath is back. And I hope Ta'amu gets some PT.

st33lersguy
12-29-2012, 09:16 AM
"I didn't want to go out like that," Wallace said today after practice. "I really wanted to end on high note. It's unfortunate."

Oh really? Well you should have thought about that before you quit on this team. I hate to be the team that signs this bum to a massive contract

BlastFurnace
12-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I may be in the minority, but I hope he comes back. I don't trust Sanders to stay healthy.

Seven
12-29-2012, 09:40 AM
I may be in the minority, but I hope he comes back. I don't trust Sanders to stay healthy.

I would love to have him back, I just don't see how it works out financially. While I think our cap woes are a little bit overstated (you can always move money around) we have to get Keenan Lewis back first and foremost, followed by a number of other players - including Rashard Mendenhall - according to most reports now, so I don't know how we get the money to pay Wallace when it's a near certainty someone will overvalue him on the open market.

Dwinsgames
12-29-2012, 10:30 AM
team site does not list him on IR as of yet , Ike however now is

X-Terminator
12-29-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm with you. If he can come back on a cap-friendly deal, I'll welcome him with open arms. I'm not a hater like most fans and can see his value to the team. It just isn't $10 million in value.

salamander
12-29-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm with you. If he can come back on a cap-friendly deal, I'll welcome him with open arms. I'm not a hater like most fans and can see his value to the team. It just isn't $10 million in value.

Gotta agree with you on that one.

steelreserve
12-29-2012, 11:27 AM

Of course he has value. Even the horse with a dildo on its head has value as a horse, just not as a unicorn. But enough teams don't notice the dildo that he'll get unicorn money somewhere.

Which I guess is a long-winded and dildo-filled way of saying I also agree with you.

salamander
12-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Of course he has value. Even the horse with a dildo on its head has value as a horse, just not as a unicorn. But enough teams don't notice the dildo that he'll get unicorn money somewhere.

Which I guess is a long-winded and dildo-filled way of saying I also agree with you.

When did this become the SU Night Club?... :heh: :chuckle:

oneforthetoe
12-29-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't hate Wallace or wish him ill. He is just worth the money he wants until he becomes a more complete reciever. It looks now like he will have to that somewhere else.

ALLD
12-29-2012, 12:28 PM
I bet the Ravens pick him up.

stillers4me
12-29-2012, 12:47 PM

That's really weird..... I was just about to post the same analogy.

:heh:

Devilsdancefloor
12-29-2012, 02:59 PM
whatever steelreserve is having i will have 1/2 of one please.

Im sorry he has no place being a steeler he gave up and pouted. he is this years d jax. i hope and wish him the best, but he can do it on the faguirs or some other bottom feeder

Count Steeler
12-29-2012, 03:09 PM

Problem is, that will probably be his minimum offer on the open market.

7willBheaven
12-29-2012, 04:35 PM

This is incorrect they didnt promote Green...they claimed NT Fangupo instead. (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-make-roster-moves/a1fac1a8-2b05-4c14-bc32-b573cdf2d397?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

KeiselPower99
12-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Anyone betting there will be a lot of Plaxico tomorrow?

86WARD
12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I'd like to see that.

salamander
12-29-2012, 10:00 PM
I know it's mostly because it's a meaningless game but it's still a little weird seeing so many players go on IR in one week.

steelreserve
12-29-2012, 10:23 PM
I know it's mostly because it's a meaningless game but it's still a little weird seeing so many players go on IR in one week.

Yeah, usually there's still something to play for the last week of the season. If this was the Bills or the Chiefs, it would probably be an annual ritual.

I can't recall exactly, but I think even in the 2006/2009 debacles, we were still technically alive for the playoffs going into the final week, even though the scenarios were absurd. I don't think there's been a "dead week" like this for about 10 years.

st33lersguy
12-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Wallace has an attitude problem and it is of the best interest of the team to have this guy gone

zulater
12-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Wallace won't likely return, but said on the way out the door he still doesn't appreciate not knowing his role. I mean, besides dropping passes.
"My role has always been the same since I've been here, but this year I didn't know how it was going to change, but it did change," Wallace said. "Next year I'll have a positive attitude going into it and I'll make the best of the situation."
Somewhere.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/gene-collier/steelers-muddled-through-a-season-of-injuries-668423/#ixzz2GbYaBOYf

fansince'76
12-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Wallace won't likely return, but said on the way out the door he still doesn't appreciate not knowing his role. I mean, besides dropping passes.
"My role has always been the same since I've been here, but this year I didn't know how it was going to change, but it did change," Wallace said. "Next year I'll have a positive attitude going into it and I'll make the best of the situation."
Somewhere.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/gene-collier/steelers-muddled-through-a-season-of-injuries-668423/#ixzz2GbYaBOYf

Yeah, but Ben's the dick who submarined the season for "not buying into Haley's system." :coffee:

zulater
12-30-2012, 11:43 PM
“I just want to be in a good situation, a good fit for myself, no matter if it‘s here or anywhere else,” said Wallace, an unrestricted free agent who was scratched from the game and placed on injured reserved with hip and hamstring injuries.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3213053-74/steelers-hampton-foote#ixzz2Gbb129Jj
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Sounds like a guy who really wants to stay. :sarcasm:

steelreserve
12-31-2012, 12:19 AM
“I just want to be in a good situation, a good fit for myself, no matter if it‘s here or anywhere else,” said Wallace, an unrestricted free agent who was scratched from the game and placed on injured reserved with hip and hamstring injuries.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3213053-74/steelers-hampton-foote#ixzz2Gbb129Jj

Wow, as the end of the season came up, he could barely keep a lid on it. Only 72 more days til the start of free agency, Mike! Nice knowing you!

st33lersguy
12-31-2012, 10:45 AM

For those who don't know "good fit for myself" means team willing to pay lots and lots of money which is all he wants

Craic
12-31-2012, 01:23 PM

Exactly.

zulater
12-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Exactly.

I'm not a hater, I'm a realist, and there's not a snowball's chance in hell he stays. He's already turned down the Steelers best offer (imo), and he didn't do that so he could come back and give them a "home team discount" now that he's on the brink or realizing his dream of being an unrestricted free agent.

As far as placing the franchise tag on him. It wont happen, or if it it does it will only be a stall tactic by the Steelers that will only delay the inevitable.

Shoes
12-31-2012, 01:37 PM

That's about how I see it also.

Godfather
12-31-2012, 05:03 PM
I'd like to keep Wallace, but some dummy is going to overpay him. And he'd have to be an idiot to turn that down. His second contract is going to be his big payday.