PDA

View Full Version : More NFL hypocrisy

stillers4me
12-28-2012, 01:06 PM
What would Brett Keisel have done if he was fined for unsportsmanlike "arow" penalty?

Brett Keisel is still miffed for the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he received for celebrating a sack against the Bengals. Fortunately, he did not get fined for receiving a 15-yard penalty or "I would have really gone off."

Keisel was penalized after a sack on Andy Dalton when he dropped to one knee and pretended to shoot an arrow from a bow -- something he has done many times in his career. But referee Mike Carey said Keisel was given a penalty for "going to the ground and shooting a weapon."

Keisel said he would have been very upset if he was fined for his penalty because the league sells photos of him in the very post-sack pose for which he was penalized.

Keisel has a different celebration planned if he gets a sack against the Browns, and he told me what it is. But I'm not going to ruin the surprise because it's too good to see.

Let's hope he gets the opportunity against the Browns.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/111e8016-a918-48b6-b3e6-eb93f8a3659c/?source=twitter

steelerdude15
12-28-2012, 01:47 PM
It's the truth. How can the NFL sell photos of him doing his celebration and then penalize him for it? It doesn't make sense.

fansince'76
12-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Keisel has a different celebration planned if he gets a sack against the Browns, and he told me what it is. But I'm not going to ruin the surprise because it's too good to see.

Let's hope he gets the opportunity against the Browns.

Wonderful. As if this team didn't already have a big enough bull's eye on its collective back with the league office.

steel striker
12-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong on this but, does Brett do this same thing after every sack? He was never flagged before?

stillers4me
12-28-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/the-nfl-will-gladly-sell-you-photos-of-brett-keisel-performing-an-unsportsmanlike-action/

fansince'76
12-28-2012, 05:15 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/the-nfl-will-gladly-sell-you-photos-of-brett-keisel-performing-an-unsportsmanlike-action/

Does this surprise anyone?

SCSTILLER
12-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Ok, the weapon thing has me wondering. We all know he does this sack routine, but could it be that with Sandy Creek just happening the league is cracking down on "weapon" celebrations.

salamander
12-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Kinda like when James Harrison was fined for the hit on the Brown's WR's a few years ago but then the league was selling the photo of the hit.

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2012, 07:44 PM
thats the only thing i dont understand...why was he penalized for this JUST NOW. He's done it a million times. Otherwise id have no problem with it. Well that, and if the nfl wasnt mindblowingly stupid and selling photos of what they "consider" unsportsmanlike conduct

KeiselPower99
12-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Ok, the weapon thing has me wondering. We all know he does this sack routine, but could it be that with Sandy Creek just happening the league is cracking down on "weapon" celebrations.

Thats what I was wondering. Just makes you wonder why no one was told about that chance of a penalty or the rule change.

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Kinda like when James Harrison was fined for the hit on the Brown's WR's a few years ago but then the league was selling the photo of the hit.

im surprised goodell didnt release a statement about that saying that they're "selling the photo of the hit to educate the fans" :rolleyes:

fansince'76
12-28-2012, 08:56 PM
im surprised goodell didnt release a statement about that saying that they're "selling the photo of the hit to educate the fans" :rolleyes:

No, once they get wind of people calling out their hypocrisy again they'll more than likely wind up removing the photo from the website and blaming their 3rd party photo vendor like they did with the photo they were selling of the Harrison/Massaquoi hit. :coffee:

tube517
12-28-2012, 09:16 PM
They should sell the video clip of Mendenhall humping Ben. Then fine his (mendy's not ben's) ass.

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2012, 09:24 PM
They should sell the video clip of Mendenhall humping Ben. Then fine his (mendy's not ben's) ass.

:lol: