PDA

View Full Version : We've still got a game to play on Sunday

stillers4me
12-28-2012, 11:50 AM
The Browns are coming to town...

Mary Kay Cabot‏@MaryKayCabot
#browns (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23browns&src=hash) Weeden, McCoy, Richardson ruled out, Thad Lewis will start in Pittsburgh, Shurmur announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
Browns HC Pat Shurmur announced QB Thaddeus Lewis and RB Montario Hardesty will start Sunday vs. Steelers.

- - - Updated - - -

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Has Mike Wallace played his last game with Steelers? He will not play vs Browns because of hip/hamstring. 1st game he has missed in career.

- - - Updated - - -

LaMarr Woodley (http://www.facebook.com/LaMarrWoodley)

I hear some fans sayin we should lose to get a better draft pick... TRUST ME no one in this building is thinkin like that!! we are workin hard 2 finish on a good note

stillers4me
12-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Tony Grossi‏@TonyGrossi
Thad Lewis now officially the 18th QB to start a game for the #Browns (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Browns&src=hash) since 1999. Averages out to 1 QB every 12.4 games. #fixit (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23fixit&src=hash)

- - - Updated - - -

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Wait till you see what Brett Keisel has planned if he gets sack against Browns.

fansince'76
12-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Teams that tank games on purpose, or even entire seasons on purpose (looking at you, Colts), should be forced to refund their fans their ticket money. Bush league bullshit.

stillers4me
12-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Steelers RReports‏@CBSSteelers
Wallace wasn't only Steeler talking as if This might be his final week here.Harrison was non-committal.Foote hoped No.1 D could stay 2gether

- - - Updated - - -

Mike Bires‏@mikebires
James Harrison added that after the Browns game, "I'll get things together as far as what I'm doing for next year."

stillers4me
12-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
T Mike Adams, CB Curtis Brown also ruled out for Browns game.CB Keenan Lewis (knee) returned to practice and listed as probable.

vader29
12-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Teams that tank games on purpose, or even entire seasons on purpose (looking at you, Colts), should be forced to refund their fans their ticket money. Bush league bullshit.

They should do what the NHL does and put all of the teams that don't make the playoffs into a pool and draw for draft positions and maybe even go a step further and give the non-playoff teams with better records more of a chance at getting the top pick.

st33lersguy
12-28-2012, 12:56 PM
We get more out of the potential to get a real good player who can impact the franchise for decades than a meaningless win that has no positive impact on the team. They won't get anything out of the win so it is better for the Steelers to try to improve their long term standing by trying to get as good a player as they can. The Cardinals got pride with a win in the 1997 regular season finale, cost them Peyton Manning. Same thing happened in 2003 cost them Eli Manning. If it turns out this win costs us a hall of fame player, I hope this meaningless win means a whole hell of a lot to the organization

fansince'76
12-28-2012, 01:00 PM
We get more out of the potential to get a real good player who can impact the franchise for decades than a meaningless win that has no positive impact on the team. They won't get anything out of the win so it is better for the Steelers to try to improve their long term standing by trying to get as good a player as they can. The Cardinals got pride with a win in the 1997 regular season finale, cost them Peyton Manning. Same thing happened in 2003 cost them Eli Manning. If it turns out this win costs us a hall of fame player, I hope this meaningless win means a whole hell of a lot to the organization

Yeah, never mind all the fans that drop serious coin to attend the games who expect to see an honest effort. Stand in line for a frigging hour at the gate to get in because of security checks, get massively overcharged for concessions, having to stand in line for a half an hour to take a piss because the men's room is full, fighting monster traffic into and out of the stadium, etc., etc., and for what? To watch a team purposefully lose a game?

fansince'76
12-28-2012, 01:04 PM
They should do what the NHL does and put all of the teams that don't make the playoffs into a pool and draw for draft positions and maybe even go a step further and give the non-playoff teams with better records more of a chance at getting the top pick.

They need to do something. That tank job the Colts pulled last season couldn't have been more obvious. And it's wrong.

st33lersguy
12-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah, never mind all the fans that drop serious coin to attend the games who expect to see an honest effort. Stand in line for a frigging hour at the gate to get in because of security checks, get massively overcharged for concessions, having to stand in line for a half an hour to take a piss because the men's room is full, fighting monster traffic into and out of the stadium, etc., etc., and for what? To watch a team purposefully lose a game?

If it ends up landing them a better player come draft day it will be worth it. Besides, it is not like a win will come close to making up for the team choking away game after game after game after game and losing every game against an NFL dreg

Count Steeler
12-28-2012, 01:28 PM
How about all season ticket holders get 30% refund once a team is eliminated from the playoffs and the concession stands charge normal prices.

Talk about an incentive to get your act together.

fansince'76
12-28-2012, 01:37 PM
If it ends up landing them a better player come draft day it will be worth it. Besides, it is not like a win will come close to making up for the team choking away game after game after game after game and losing every game against an NFL dreg

Not to the fans who go through the hassle of attending the game in person. And there's no better adjective for attending a NFL game in person in 2012 - a hassle - and that's in GOOD weather. Props to people who buy season tickets and subject themselves to that at least 8 times a season year after year, because I know I wouldn't.

steelreserve
12-28-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm not saying tank the game, but for christ's sake, I don't want to see any more good players get injured. If they played the backups and rookies most of the game, I would be fine with that. Yeah, it would be disappointing for people who actually went to the game, but then again so has the whole season. I wouldn't waste my time going to this game, whether they tried hard or not, that's for sure. It's even more meaningless than a preseason game.

Wallace and Mendenhall can play the whole game if they want, by the way.

SteelerEmpire
12-28-2012, 02:18 PM
LaMarr Woodley

I hear some fans sayin we should lose to get a better draft pick... TRUST ME no one in this building is thinkin like that!! we are workin hard 2 finish on a good note

All I have to say is: :violin::violin::violin:

Hindes204
12-28-2012, 02:40 PM

I understand what you're saying, but its a meaningless game. If Ben, Troy, Brown etc. get seriously injured enough that will question thier abilities for next year, there will be a whole lot of people questioning what the hell happened.

BlastFurnace
12-28-2012, 04:17 PM
The Browns are coming to town...

Mary Kay Cabot‏@MaryKayCabot
#browns (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23browns&src=hash) Weeden, McCoy, Richardson ruled out, Thad Lewis will start in Pittsburgh, Shurmur announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
Browns HC Pat Shurmur announced QB Thaddeus Lewis and RB Montario Hardesty will start Sunday vs. Steelers.

- - - Updated - - -

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac
Has Mike Wallace played his last game with Steelers? He will not play vs Browns because of hip/hamstring. 1st game he has missed in career.

- - - Updated - - -

Well...now we know how fired up big Lamar is. Maybe they will get 2 tackles out of him this game.

steelreserve
12-28-2012, 04:53 PM

Sorry Lamarr, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2012, 08:57 PM
just watch, we'll beat the living snot out of the browns. Biggest margin of victory of the year in a meaningless game.

st33lersguy
12-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Well...now we know how fired up big Lamar is. Maybe they will get 2 tackles out of him this game.

Haha, and maybe half-a-sack to boot